PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Noel White
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Noel White  (Read 17254 times)

rigsby1

Noel White
« on: October 31, 2006, 06:38:42 PM »

Just got the news that our old friend Noel White has resigned from the Liverpool Board.

Any chance of him coming back to Alty ?

The Cult of Peter Swales

Re: Noel White
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 08:50:14 PM »

conf2006

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 08:53:48 PM »

does noel white still live in alty ?

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 09:35:54 PM »

does noel white still live in alty ?

I think he lives near Hale Golf Club, if anyone has a copy of David Conn's 'The Beautiful Game' to hand that should tell you were he lives.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 09:51:57 PM »

To answer one question I believe he still lives in Hale, but not certain where.  I thought he lived near Alty Grammar but I could be wrong.  And to answer another question no I don't think he'll ever rejoin the board! 

The Beautiful Game incidentally is a brilliant book.  The chapter about Crewe is essential reading for any small club like oursleves.

Beez

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 12:34:36 AM »

To be honest i wouldnt want him anywhere near the club, ive heard 1st hand in the past that as far as he is concerned the keys to the club should have been thrown away a long time ago.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 08:06:39 AM »

Noel used to live next to Alty grammer boys school,had many a cup of tea and sandwich in his kitchen as a teenager.
Harold

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 08:19:06 AM »

Noel White has been and remains one of the most open honest and honorable people in football. He is respected across Europe (though perhaps not by "el tel").
I'm sure he won't come back, one day we might just recapture the magic that he helped to create in the 60s and 70s.

He did right to speak his mind - and did right to step down.

A gentleman who has served football better than most - we should be honoured to retain our conection with him.

Who can forget his BBC TV  interview when we failed to be elected to the league?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 09:48:12 AM »

Noel was a great man, a fantastic servant to our club and somebody who we should all feel grateful to for his time with us.
He moved on to bigger things (like his, then, partner) and played a major part in founding the modern-day Alty.
I wish him good luck.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Ashley Alty

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 01:56:15 PM »

Noel still goes to Moss lane from time to time and donates raffle prizes and attends club and STAR functions.  He came to Birmingham 20 and gave us items to raffle.  He still lives in the area and as said, was responsible for many of the older fans memories of the successful temas we had many years agao and for the reputation Alty got in the FA Cup and other competitions.

Who can forget buying their first vinyl record at the old White and Swales shop on George Street/Shaws Road? 

Happy days

AA

The Cult of John Vernon

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 06:25:08 PM »

Ah, former Oxfordshire exile, but the big question is just what was the first vinyl record that you purchased in the White & Swales shop?

Duran Duran, perhaps?!

I think that most of my expendable income all those years ago either went to Discount Records on George Street or Gordons Records on Kingsway.....

Altyant

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2006, 07:45:36 PM »

Noel still goes to Moss lane from time to time and donates raffle prizes and attends club and STAR functions.  He came to Birmingham 20 and gave us items to raffle.  He still lives in the area and as said, was responsible for many of the older fans memories of the successful temas we had many years agao and for the reputation Alty got in the FA Cup and other competitions.

Who can forget buying their first vinyl record at the old White and Swales shop on George Street/Shaws Road? 

Happy days

AA

Do you live in Ashley?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2006, 09:18:27 AM »

the big question is just what was the first vinyl record that you purchased in the White & Swales shop?

Twist and Shout EP, The Beatles!

Remember the old 4 track 'mini-LPs"?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Ashley Alty

Disc spinner
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2006, 11:09:04 AM »

My first record was, in fact,...........Heidi!  It was a record that read a book with nice colourful pages with pictures of Heidi and tinkerbell rang her little bell to turn the pages - aaagh, how sweet?

I think my late Dad treated himself to Mantovanni's Greatest Hits while he was with me and my late Mum got herself a Freankie Vaughan's favourites!

Even before your time, Cult of............

AA

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re Disc Spinner
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2006, 11:46:31 AM »

I got one of those too....except it wasn't Heidi...it was The Jungle Book. On one side of the record was the story and on the other side two songs from the film....Bear Necessities and 'I wanna be like you' as immortalised in the Royle Family on Sunday night

As for my first record...I honestly can't remember but I bet I'd be horrified if I could.

Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Noel White