PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 You get what you deserve
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: You get what you deserve  (Read 7815 times)

andyc

You get what you deserve
« on: March 15, 2008, 05:15:01 PM »

NOTHING!!! When you play one forward against a mediocre team. The usual tactic of lets go one behind and then bring the forwards on to turn it around when its too late. We have blown it with negative football, crap to watch with no end result. Its looking like 3rd bottom and team selection is to blame. PATHETIC.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: You get what you deserve
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 05:18:23 PM »

Ouch... :-\

joe

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 05:21:14 PM »

Fully agree. There have been numerous games this season where we've set up defensivly against mediocre teams,especially at home and lost games we probably could've won if we'd attacked. The likes of Grays,Oxford,Rushden and Ebbsfleet at home spring to mind.

VofD

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 05:46:57 PM »

NOTHING!!! When you play one forward against a mediocre team. The usual tactic of lets go one behind and then bring the forwards on to turn it around when its too late. We have blown it with negative football, crap to watch with no end result. Its looking like 3rd bottom and team selection is to blame. PATHETIC.

And we have already ben told by GG and the board that the same MASTER TACTICIAN will be at the helm next season to guide us out of the BSN.
It's going to be a long, long summer. ??? ??? ???

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 05:55:32 PM »

If you get what you deserve then both Crawley and Northwich will be booted out.

Full time and proud of it

markecky

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 05:56:12 PM »

Surely his pride will not allow him to continue after whats looks like two relegations in sucessive years?  Regardless of the boards loyalty.

I have just booked on for Aldershot by the way
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 05:59:01 PM by markecky »

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 06:01:48 PM »

When you have no money to spend then what does he do?

If we cannot buy some good part time players then we will always struggle, other teams always appear fitter and then is what counts in this league.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 06:07:53 PM »

Surely his pride will not allow him to continue after whats looks like two relegations in sucessive years?  Regardless of the boards loyalty.

I have just booked on for Aldershot by the way

If you want to be pedantic (and Unemployed Coalminer confirms that I do!), then surely (God forbid) it would be three relegations in successive years?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

markecky

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 06:09:51 PM »

No..don't agree.  We enough points the first time round.

baldrick

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 06:27:07 PM »

It is time to admit the team are just not good enough. All we can do now is rely on someone being thrown out for non footballing reasons (again). If we get away with it for the third time improvements must be made for next season.

andyc

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2008, 06:44:30 PM »

GH also appears to have a winger phobia. Wouldn't play Potts, Logan and won't play Roca. He should have started today with Senior and Little up front and Roca on the wing and on Tues against Crawley when Cahill should have started. Two games we realistically had a chance to win. In answer to what can GH do, start with your best team. For me he has lost the plot, Lane on the right wing (Tues), Shotton up front (today). Probably too late now, changes need making because the fans deserve to see attacking football not negative sh*te. There's no excuse after Aldershot to not see 2 centre forwards and a winger start the remaining games. What have we got to lose.

louise1925

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2008, 06:53:44 PM »

andyc - you are spot on. But, GH will NOT start with one winger, let alone two against Aldershot. He certainly won't start with two strikers. It'll be a case of no shots on target again and playing for a very unlikely 0-0. Normally, I'd say, defensive tactics at Aldershot were ok, but now we've blown all the games we had half a chance in. HE is 100% to blame for the situation we presently find ourselves in (no doubt there will be apologists on disputing this). This is the point I was trying to make when he left Cahill out of the team against Crawley. To all but the blinkered, that was pathetic. One up front at Grays says it all really. Hey, but don;t worry - Joe will be back!!!

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2008, 07:18:49 PM »

Truly awful game of football today. The first half in particular was one of the worst halves of football I've ever seen.
Alty appeared to be playing one up front first half, but the formation was more like 4-6-0. No passing, possibly because there was no Alty player further up the pitch to pass to.
Second half was a bit better. Ryan Shotton played up front for most of it (?!), long before Senior came on. The main tactic seemed to be to lump it up to Shotton, who to be fair did OK up front.
The last 15 mins or so we actually tried to play a bit of football and looked OK. Paid far, far, far too much respect to an average Grays side. If we'd tried to have played football we could have got something today, but that would mean changing the tactics, which are seemingly set in stone?

andyc

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2008, 07:25:34 PM »

This says it all. GH appears to not want to be playing in this league. Lets have someone in charge who does. I've been watching Alty for 25 years or more and have never felt so annoyed. As someone else said we have got the players to get out of this but they are blatantly not being used to the best of their ability.

Alty365

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2008, 07:29:55 PM »

Today was an absolute disgrace from start to finish, the team had no shape and looked completely and utterly inept throughout. Grays were absolutely dreadful and we offered nothing of any worth in any department. I could write pages and pages describing how bad we were today but I simply don't want to waste any more of my day.

GH has done great things for this club and he should always be remembered as someone who contributed to many good times over long periods. However, common sense must prevail - everyone has a shelf life and Graham is no exception. The game plan today was apalling, arguably non-existent and when things get this bad it is time for change. None of this flannel about Graham being the best manager in non league, it simply isn't true.

Ken McKenna is available - it's time to do the right thing and make that call.

Thanks for everything Graham but it's time to move on.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 You get what you deserve