PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 You get what you deserve
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: You get what you deserve  (Read 7813 times)

joe

Re: You get what you deserve
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 07:52:48 PM »

Spot on post 365,couldn't have put it better myself!

Hamilton

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2008, 07:59:19 PM »

Today was an absolute disgrace from start to finish, the team had no shape and looked completely and utterly inept throughout. Grays were absolutely dreadful and we offered nothing of any worth in any department. I could write pages and pages describing how bad we were today but I simply don't want to waste any more of my day.

GH has done great things for this club and he should always be remembered as someone who contributed to many good times over long periods. However, common sense must prevail - everyone has a shelf life and Graham is no exception. The game plan today was apalling, arguably non-existent and when things get this bad it is time for change. None of this flannel about Graham being the best manager in non league, it simply isn't true.

Ken McKenna is available - it's time to do the right thing and make that call.

Thanks for everything Graham but it's time to move on.

I refer you to Darren's thread ("Resolute Grays...."):

"Altrincham boss Graham Heathcote was in sombre mood.

He said: "We didnt show enough hunger and desire out there today. It s a real struggle at the bottom. We have to face facts and realise that losses like that will see us relegated.

I'm seeing the chairman on monday and we will take it from there.""

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2008, 08:06:38 PM »

all the above is true. i think fans will accept defeat and even relegation but will not accept their side never making any attempt to win the game.
playing one up without breaking midfield players is incredibly negative
how does anyone in their right mind think little can play up on his own? to realise this and put a centre half up there? to me it didnt look like there was a plan beyond hoping to keep them out and nick a lucky goal.

Butty

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2008, 08:20:29 PM »

I think (by the sounds of it) we have just got in our new target man up front. A good idea in principle, but flawed (slightly) on ability

Jacko

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2008, 08:29:06 PM »

how many true wingers do we have in the squad? i think this problem alone is enough for us to concede games

Hodgey

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2008, 08:44:35 PM »

Dont Panic !!! as long as Vics the f*ck up then Halifax will save the day !!! wont they??

joe

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2008, 08:50:20 PM »

Dont Panic !!! as long as Vics the f*ck up then Halifax will save the day !!! wont they??

Vics won today and have two very winnable home games this week with Weymouth on Tuesday and Farsley on Saturday so i wouldn't rule them out of it just yet.

VofD

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2008, 09:48:14 PM »

Today was an absolute disgrace from start to finish, the team had no shape and looked completely and utterly inept throughout. Grays were absolutely dreadful and we offered nothing of any worth in any department. I could write pages and pages describing how bad we were today but I simply don't want to waste any more of my day.

GH has done great things for this club and he should always be remembered as someone who contributed to many good times over long periods. However, common sense must prevail - everyone has a shelf life and Graham is no exception. The game plan today was apalling, arguably non-existent and when things get this bad it is time for change. None of this flannel about Graham being the best manager in non league, it simply isn't true.

I refer you to Darren's thread ("Resolute Grays...."):

"Altrincham boss Graham Heathcote was in sombre mood.

He said: "We didnt show enough hunger and desire out there today. It s a real struggle at the bottom. We have to face facts and realise that losses like that will see us relegated.

I'm seeing the chairman on monday and we will take it from there.""

And the chairman will say : " Graham Heathcote is the best man to return us to the BSP". ??? ??? ???

VofD

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2008, 09:52:57 PM »

Yes, and cheerio from me too, GH. ;D ;D ;D

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2008, 09:57:41 PM »

It will surely get to the point where GH will walk, especially if the players are showing little desire?

VofD

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2008, 10:00:10 PM »

It will surely get to the point where GH will walk, especially if the players are showing little desire?

We can only hope :D :D :D

Alty365

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2008, 11:33:05 PM »

Yes, and cheerio from me too, GH. ;D ;D ;D

Unlike you it gives me no pleasure to be saying the above. I have no wish to be associated with you and your poisonous posts. My feelings on this subject, however strong they may be, are motivated with the club in mind and not pure hatred of Graham Heathcote.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2008, 11:44:39 PM »

Well said 365. Ignore egos, the priority iswhat is best for the club. GH will also see that.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2008, 10:05:03 AM »

I've waited till today to post about yesterday's match, because I wanted to give a calm assessment.

My biggest feeling this morning is one of sadness. I wondered to myself at one point yesterday 'would a neutral fan watching this want Alty to stay in the Conference Premier?' And I think the honest answer is no. Because we simply do not try to play football. The way the team was set up yesterday (a solo striker totally unsuited to that role, two wide players who offered no threat at all, three basically defensives central midfielders), it was actually impossible for the team to play any football.

I think one of the reasons that the fans are so unhappy with GH's negative tactics is that, while he claims we'd be taken apart if we went more attacking, we've never seen any proof of that. In other words, let's see what happens if we have a go at teams. Because if it works, great, and if it doesn't at least we the fans will have more appreciation for GH's tactics this season.
The truth is though that to change the tactics now would feel like an admission of a mistake from GH, so it won't happen. Even if we somehow get to the Weymouth game needing a win to stay up, I bet we start 4-5-1.
I've not given up hope, no way. But unless things change, it does look like we're going down and in footballing terms we won't be missed. And that, above all, is what hurts me.

samba

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2008, 10:26:23 AM »

I really do have a feeling of deja vu.  This arguement keeps coming up again and again and again! It's a simple fact, we keep starting defensive and we keep loosing games. I'd love it if someone could pull a formation to points ratio out from somewhere.  We've got the squad to stay up, but when we're starting 4-5-1 it isn't going to happen.  And it's f**king horrid to watch as well.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 You get what you deserve