PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 You get what you deserve
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: You get what you deserve  (Read 7765 times)

altyf

Re: You get what you deserve
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2008, 11:00:08 AM »

Before Crawley, I was confident of staying up..simply because we have a better team than the previous seasons and the bottom 5 are very weak this year...but what is the point in having a better team on paper if the tactics against poor teams like Crawley and Grays are sh*t? After the Crawley match, every single one of my opinions changed and after watching the passionless display at Grays aswell, I can only accept we are doomed. The most disappointing thing is that I wanted to enjoy the end of this season, so that if we were relegated I could look back and say we gave it a real go and we had some great moments...but with the tactics and general play at the moment, it's going to be one of the most painful era's watching Alty for me. SORT IT OUT NOW BEFORE IT REALLY IS TOO LATE! We have two relegation battles that we must win plus two games against mid-table teams that we must get something from...get together and show some passion!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2008, 11:03:05 AM »

Playing Devils Advocaat(Nasty Warninks) I would suspect from things that have gone on before, that The Grahams' thoughts are that if we go for a more attacking formation we will be too far behind before we can consider scoring. At least with the 4-1-4-1 we can defend and nick a point or 3 playing a counter attacking game.

It has nearly worked on some occassions.

However, I say "Nearly" & "Some"......

Anyone remember the last scene from Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid?  If we have to go down, lets go down in glory!

Derek

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2008, 11:17:29 AM »

Partly, perhaps. But the real problem starts at the top with a chairman, who for all he may have done in the past to rescue the club, has no ambition and no vision for Alty beyond that of a cosy, community-based social club pottering around in some minor league, and a manager who has had to go along with this for so long that he now seems to believe it too (where is that tigerish midfielder of days gone by).

Without a new vision to attract new investment Alty will inevitably slide into total obscurity (if not oblivion) and no tinkering at the margins will change that. Don't forget that Ken McKenna had pots of money at TNS

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2008, 11:18:39 AM »

Right, my turn ...

Again waited til this morning to see what mood I'd be in and all I can say is Gutted. Gutted for the fan who keep going and supporting the team, gutted for Liam King who (AGAIN) was the best player on the pitch by miles, Gutted for Coburn for having to YET AGAIN pick the ball up out the net cos of defensive error, GUTTED For Senior for having watch whilst Shotton was pushed upfront before he was given a chance.

We CAN NOT be negative at this stage of the seasons, draws are probably not good enough for us. We need to attack teams, problem being at the beginning of the season its ok to see if we can hold out and then hit teams on the break but now after all these games (and it NOT WORKING) we will find it hard to break down any team that goes ahead against us. These teams practice defending 1-0 leads whereas we get a Thursday to do everything...

Sorry but its simply not good enough, I'm not going to have a go at individual players or officials at the club but its about time people had the balls to stand up and be counted and show how much they want Alty to succeed. If you are not up to the fight or can not do the job then fake injury, get sent off , walkaway, do anything so you are not influencing what is happening on the pitch.

Sorry but rant over... For now.

Oh and as a note the fans yesterday were stilling singing and supporting til the final whistle.... PLAYERS look at Crawley, FGR and Grays support (or lack of it)... Well I can tell you thats what the atmopshere is like at EVERY Conference North ground .. Where would you rather be ???

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2008, 01:29:23 PM »

I think the crux of the matter is that draws won't keep us up now. In some ways I have sympathy for GH in that when we are 4-4-2 we look very vulnerable and 4-5-1 appears to be the only way we can look at all secure (it unfortunately means we don't look like scoring etiher).

In that sense I would say that we are really missing Val Owen protecting the defence this seaon, that much is now apperent. In fact, we're missing Lewis Chalmers to be honest and even to a lesser extent Steve Bushell.

That we are missing a player (altho a legend) who is now 36 or so is a sad indictment ofour planning for this season.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2008, 06:51:49 PM »

not really the place for it but, thanks to the london alty fans for letting me hang around with them yesterday. despite the game i had a good day and reminded myself why i used to do it. thanks

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2008, 08:20:48 PM »

Jim got your PM, sorry we didn't meet up. The "alternative South London Crew" tend to be a bit hardcore as regards the drinking day even if there were only 2 members yesterday.  Still feel like crap after hitting the sack about 2ish.

Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 You get what you deserve