PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Predictions For York
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Predictions For York  (Read 11893 times)

ioko

Predictions For York
« on: November 03, 2006, 10:49:20 AM »

Anyone dare give a prediction for York? I will be brave. I think we will give a good performance but York seem to have our number so Im going with 3-1 to York with a goal from Little.

Away Attendance: 180

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Predictions For York
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 11:10:53 AM »

Depends on the team - and the way/formation they play.

Response from the Heart ...
They are capable of beating us convincingly if they're on song but I've got a sneaky feeling Joe and Colin will get one each and we'll nick it by the odd goal after withstanding a heck of a lot of pressure.

Response from the Head ...
Either that or we'll get beaten 3-0

Hope the 'Heart' Alty turn up on the day as a good result here - and against Crawley would keep us right up in mid-table until the New Year and boost confidence for the two "Would love to win" games over the hols.

As I always do with the Robins, I'm going with my heart - come on Joe and Col, fire us to a win!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

daisy

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 11:16:39 AM »

We're gonna win 4-1! Woop!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 11:20:44 AM »

Knew you'd say that - and hope you're right!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

ioko

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 11:24:03 AM »

I went with my head. Whilst they have lost Bishop from last year, I have always rated Donaldson a lot and he terrorised us last season. Maybe the R&D result could be used as a positive with players playing for plces and some given a  chance to stake a claim. If so, your right, we could well get a result.

radcliffe alty

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 11:53:30 AM »

The bollocking that GH must have clearly given out after the R and D debacle must surely spur some sort of performance out of the lads.

We need York to be out of sorts a bit - they have been on occasion this season - and we'll need to put in a Halifax/Stevenage-esque performance to get a win.

Would be very happy with a draw.

babybrads

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 11:55:43 AM »

i think we will play ok after past performance but i think 1-1 (away attendace 210)

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 12:27:52 PM »

Pesimistic as ever, I think it will be a 2-0 loss, although it will be a much improved Alty performance.

Away attendance 153 :)

lem

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 03:03:19 PM »

We haven't won a game by more than one goal this season and I can't see things changing. After last years near miss on the play offs, the players seem more under pressure in front of the home fans and this shows. We tend to play well in the first half, but if you can weather the storm you can certainly get a result in the second. We just don't put away our chances- it's got to the point where I don't really get excited if one of our lads is through one on one!

If we could play for ninety minutes then maybe our class would show but for now I'm going to be pessimistic and say 1-1.

pete cewe

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 05:41:55 PM »

if tha taem have a light lunch reckon we could snatch a draw if its a sunday lunch job god knows seriously a clean sheet would be great this was never going to be a points for game ?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 06:22:52 PM »

Can't see us winning to be honest but would be well chuffed with a draw.

Would like to see more than 2/3 shots on target.

Can you park anywhere near the ground or is it 'park and ride' ?
Full time and proud of it

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 08:24:35 PM »

Don't see us keeping a clean sheet - but, for some reason, can't see us losing (!)

Come on you mighty Reds  :D

tonybrads

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2006, 08:56:37 PM »

require a good performance like oxford, then anything can happen. just hope we do better than the fa cup game. i missed it but everyone has said it was a poor game. it not the alty i watched this season by the sounds of you all, just hope they but it behind them and start 2 kick ass again.
cum on alty.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2006, 09:02:43 PM »

We'll get something there. Have faith!  ;)

WA15

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2006, 09:08:56 PM »

I hope for a win, pray for a draw, but expect to lose, I was there last season and anything better than 5 - 0 is a bonus. Alty's attendance will be phenomenal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Predictions For York