PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Frank Sidebottom doing Pre Match and Half Time entertainment at York..discuss
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Frank Sidebottom doing Pre Match and Half Time entertainment at York..discuss  (Read 16182 times)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Not all exposure is welcome. He all but hi-jacked Match of the day (twice I think), Halifax and Tottenham. The BBC exposure of this made the club look ridiculous as far as I'm concerned.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

teasybeaver

Not all exposure is welcome. He all but hi-jacked Match of the day (twice I think), Halifax and Tottenham. The BBC exposure of this made the club look ridiculous as far as I'm concerned.

You have to agree with this! It was just shameful for Alty fans. You put up with mugs at work giving you loads because they support Man U (and obviously that makes them some kind of super fan because they live within 40 miles of the ground and are really proud of telling you that they actually went to 6 games last season and one was in the league), they've got their own channel. when we finally get a chance to show people we have the best fans in the world (some of whom don't dribble on themselves regularly) that fragile headed freak pops up and then you just get abused on your next shift!

I'm not holding back here, this club has suffered massively at the hands of profile seeking money grabbers in the last decade or two. I'm not saying thats what Frank is but he's got his own agenda and its up to the fans to speak out and protect the club against embarrasment!

Anyway this entire rant is mainly to vent frustration at the fact that my first Saturday off in ages an York move the game to Sunday!

Sydney Alty

In fairness to Frank, I'm pretty sure that it was the club who asked him in the late 80's to stop turning up to games. They did give some reason, but I can't recall what it was. So maybe you can't blame him for not turning up on a freezing Tuesday at Guisely. (Perhaps he was in the crowd anyway, minus his paper-mache head.)

I also remember the referee asking him to leave the pitch once, as Frank was standing directly behind the goal at the golf road end during the middle of a game.

grovesred

It turned out to be a good night in the York City Social Club - it was nice to see a sprinkling of Alty fans there, contributing to the banter.

Take a look at York Minstermen's online review.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

It turned out to be a good night in the York City Social Club - it was nice to see a sprinkling of Alty fans there, contributing to the banter.

Take a look at York Minstermen's online review.

Love the thought of a load of York/Grimsby etc fans singing "The only team for me, is Altrincham FC"  ;D

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

I would rather Sidebottom than some celebrity fans you get, think of the problems Exeter had.

Honestly, do you know any celebrity fan who does watch a team regularly home and away, especially in the non league?

I think coming to a few big games is probably comparable with other "City fans who have a soft spot for Alty".

JohnnyInTheBridge

OK.... which would you rather have....

Frank, Little Frank and Denise or..........

Liam Gallagher, Noel Gallagher, Eddie Large, Rick Wakeman and Bernard Manning......

Thought so...... Consider yourselves lucky...

Iiiii Fank yoooooouu !

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

I always thought Little Frank was a euphemism.

"You're goin home on an organised football coach"

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Frank Sidebottom doing Pre Match and Half Time entertainment at York..discuss