PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 York 1 - 1 Vics
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: York 1 - 1 Vics  (Read 8034 times)

Hamilton

Re: York 1 - 1 Vics
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 09:52:56 PM »

I think Vics will still be in the mix - there was nothing tonight that made me think they are good enough & they have some tough games.

Weymouth beating Farsley is a must.

Longman

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 09:53:22 PM »

We can discount Vics from any relegation issues.  Thats what £10,000 a week gets..congratulations to them on staying up.

For me we want Weymouth to beat Farsley on Saturday and get out of it.  Then they have nothing to play for last game.

We are then in a three way fight with Halifax and Farsley.

Why are you so sure Vics will stay up?  I admit they are in great fornm and have 3 games in hand on us, however they are still 5 points behind us!

Altyant

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2008, 10:11:39 PM »

Vics were not brilliant, but York didn't seem interested in the 2nd half!

CRAP!

It really amazes me how often sides like York, Cambridge, Stevenage etc seem interested agianst us, but not the other sides around where we are

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2008, 10:11:54 PM »

as someone said on another thread (about FGR) at this stage of ther season those not going for the playoffs or fighting relegation cannot be trusted to put up much of a fight

louise1925

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2008, 10:22:37 PM »

I'm afraid Ecky is right. Vics have spent an absolute fortune to attract players to their club and they will probably stay up. All we can do is concentrate on our own games and pick up as many points as possible. An extra player or two before the end of March loan deadline might make a difference.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2008, 11:47:55 PM »

They may lose Darryn Stamp back to Halifax according to John Laidlars site (injuries to Campbell and SHaw at Fax).

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2008, 11:20:09 AM »

They may lose Darryn Stamp back to Halifax according to John Laidlars site (injuries to Campbell and SHaw at Fax).
I'm surprised Halifax and the Vics can afford Stamp's wages when he was rumoured to be earning £1600 a week when he was Stevenage.
They really should be beating teams like us

DarrenH

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2008, 11:32:44 AM »

It's the same old boom and bust thing thats mentioned on numerous threads on here.
To me it shows that these clubs are really in massive trouble if they do get relegated. We all know they cannot sustain these salaries long term in this league never mind the BSN. Again we should be thankful that even IF we do get relegated we have the financial stability to continue.
Whats the sense in Vics staying up and then having to cut their playing budget in half to stay afloat and having a season with lower attendances, again, and more losses. Anyone with half a brain knows you cannot continue to throw good money after bad.

As for the rest of this thread lets keep our chins up. As long as we keep grinding out results we can still survive. Please keep the faith !!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2008, 11:33:38 AM »

Simple answer is they can't but Vics can always go into admin AGAIN and Halifax are on that route now... Then again if the get away with it you can't blame them...

Wage cap, what wage cap !!!

Vics JUST getting over 600 for recent games will put them back in a fincancial mess.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2008, 11:47:47 AM »

Yes. That and the fact they want the wheels to come off at Vics to improve their own chances of staying up!  ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2008, 02:04:15 PM »

Yes. That and the fact they want the wheels to come off at Vics to improve their own chances of staying up!  ::)

Yeh, er they can't recall Young and Toulson can they?

Also, would you pay Stamp £800 between now and the end of the season to play for Alty? Anyone?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2008, 04:16:57 PM »

Also, would you pay Stamp £800 between now and the end of the season to play for Alty? Anyone?

Theoretically, I suppose they could recall Toulson as I believe he is on loan until the end of the season.
However I thought we had signed Young permanently - I could be wrong though (I quite often am) - I'm sure someone will correct me if I am.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Longman

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2008, 05:15:48 PM »

Theoretically, I suppose they could recall Toulson as I believe he is on loan until the end of the season.
However I thought we had signed Young permanently - I could be wrong though (I quite often am) - I'm sure someone will correct me if I am.

It is my understanding that Greg Young is a permanent signing.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2008, 05:21:19 PM »

Thanks Longman.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2008, 05:37:43 PM »

Thanks Longman.

And, to whoever, thanks puzzlingly for the 'Peake' !  ???
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 York 1 - 1 Vics