Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What the hell happened at the end of the game???
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: What the hell happened at the end of the game???  (Read 23683 times)

man in the stand

Re: What the hell happened at the end of the game???
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2008, 04:27:46 PM »

We've been down this route before sadly. Remember that tussle between GH and the ex-alty directer that made the back page of the Messenger.   :-[   At the time we need to concentrate on survival this isn't helping at all.

I wonder whether the managers' technical areas should be moved further apart like the players' entrances?

Dougals Dad

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2008, 04:34:06 PM »

We've been down this route before sadly. Remember that tussle between GH and the ex-alty directer that made the back page of the Messenger.   :-[   At the time we need to concentrate on survival this isn't helping at all.

I wonder whether the managers' technical areas should be moved further apart like the players' entrances?

Maybe Chipping Sodbury for the opposition!

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2008, 04:42:32 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/osgood5 Found this post by a Torquay fan it does not catch all of it.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 08:28:28 PM by Darren »
@AltyDaz

citybauy

« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2008, 04:47:44 PM »

Thanks for your kind comments and Exeter fans have always been pretty good.

Your club on the other hand.....

In answer to your question, yes you do charge for the transfer to the stand (Alty's trip last season) when it took 20 minutes for the stewards to decide that a thunder storm was a good enough reason to let us under cover.
and no it did not work out for us in the end transfering to the terrace.  I wrote to the club as suggested by your stewards to complain about the away end being closed and the extra £2 we all had to pay.  I have not even had an acknowledgment from Sally Cooke.

It's a shame your fans are let down by the club you support.

Well sorry about all that, it is obviously out of our remit as fans, but as a fans owned club it is down to us to instigate change. Rest assured that my feelings on how you were treated were well advertised on our own forums. You shouldnt have to, but can I suggest writing again? Or e-mailing a few others? That way they will have to address the issue and with a bit of luck this wont happen again. Good on you all for standing your ground literally and forcing the stewards to see sense.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2008, 07:41:56 PM »

Firstly can I say how totally embarrassed I was by the actions of certain people yesterday after the match.

Secondly can I say, speaking as an ex Safety Officer how entirely proud I was of the Stewards yesterday in dealing with a number of trying circumstances.

The first being the away fans with respect to the weather. All away fans were advised on entry that the terrace was uncovered but that they could sit in a covered area if they paid the difference. I don't see this as being any different from how I'm advised Alty fans are treated away (except that at certain ground the option is not offered) I was out reading the Turnstiles in the diagonally opposite corner to where the Torquay fans sat in the FAMILY stand and I could hear the foul language from where I was. It is a family stand and contained children and sponsors and to my mind and also the minds of people who witnessed the scenario the Stewards who requested that the language be moderated acted in an exemplary manner being firm yet polite.

The second was in the response to the Torquay supporter who was taken ill. I have been at bigger venues staffed by paid individuals who have dealt with issues such as this far less well. Special mention must be made of the Club Doctor who was, as he always is, absolutely superb. However this gentlemans illness was not the only time that the interaction of the stewarding staff etc was worthy of merit.
After the post match conflict the gentleman in question was very badly traumatised by what he had seen but time and care was spent by the staff (particularly Darren and Ian from the stewarding staff and George Heslop) to take care of him, to keep him safe and to ensure that he got back to his hotel safely.

Can I also say that if you are the Taxi Driver who ripped him off £25 for a ride from Alty Station to the Ground I seriously hope you lose your licence and your livelihood. If you know said driver then I'm sure that the Licensing Officer at Trafford Town Hall would love to know who they are.

Finally, as I've said I'm mortally embarrassed by the actions of certain people in the aftermatch fracas. I'll say no more at present other than I know what I saw and it sickened me. However the Stewards (volunteers remember) who moved quickly, and at some risk of personal injury, to try to break up the melee and calm things down are worthy of honourable mention and praise  which they seem not to get enough of in my humble opinion.

Hamilton

« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2008, 07:51:23 PM »

We don't doubt that, but maybe that could be put on the Torquay forum.

Congratulations on the exemplorary conduct of the Alty stewards.

Northumbergull

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2008, 08:57:29 PM »

AltyTunnel Steward

Contrary to your version of events, here are some thoughts from one of our fans:

All away fans were advised on entry that the terrace was uncovered but that they could sit in a covered area if they paid the difference.

"As I've said in a different thread, this did not happen!"

...exemplary manner being firm yet polite.

"Screaming at ALL the fans like children did nothing but escalate the situation." 

And, as for the brown nosing post from the Excretia fan, well, he would say what he said about us, wouldn't he (AND he's lying about what his team's fans say about you!).

Cheers

Northumbergull

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2008, 09:14:48 PM »

Living just outside of Exeter and working with god know how many Exeter fans,also being an Ex Exeter Harrier,i for one know what the Exeter Fans say about Alty and have always welcomed there views.While we ahve struggled in this league for the last 3 seasons now Exeter has always been great and supportive of Alty.I have worked with a Torquay Fan(big Leigh) and the only time i have ever heard an Exeter fan and a Torquay fan agree is when they talk about the other Green Slime(Plymouth)other than that there is no love lost.
So please dont try and muddy the waters Northumbergull.
Can i say from a personal point of view i was glad to see Torquay relegated,as it gave me another game down here where i could watch Alty.Maybe that was a bad thinking on my part,if this is how Torquay thinks of us.
Harold

Northumbergull

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2008, 09:24:40 PM »

hsmith1

As you say, "there is no love lost", so not surprising 'citybauy' said what he said!

I'm not trying to muddy any waters, just asking for Alty fans to take thoughts from an Excretia fan about TUFC with a pinch of salt.

At the end of the day, I hope Torquay and Alty fans can patch up any differences.  Remember, it was our players and management doing the fighting, not ourselves.

Northumbergull

« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 09:26:38 PM by Northumbergull »

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2008, 09:40:33 PM »

Well, I'm no Hercule Poirot....but I am sensing a common denominator here....
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2008, 09:50:11 PM »

Northumbergull i enjoyed going to Plainmoor,i have often sen Torquay training at Newton Abbot racecourse,so was pleased to go to the game,in fact i followed Paul Tidsdale from Kingskerswell to the ground as he was scouting us.I ahve nothing against Torquay fans,infact at plainmoor felt very relaxed.
Harold

Butty

« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2008, 10:00:19 PM »

To be honest, I know from several experiences Tunnel Steward is a very reliable person who passes on correct information. Please don't doubt him as you are probably(almost certainly) wrong.
Full credit to all our stewards, for the way they handled everything.

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2008, 10:03:43 PM »

Whatever Torquay fans are saying right now is possibly justified. We lost all moral high ground the moment the first punch was thrown. As much as I can't abide the 'teams like Altrincham' comments, some of those fans who travelled here today must be applauded for travelling all that way to stand in the rain and watch what must have been, for them, a disappointing 1-1 draw. If it had ended there they might have left Moss Lane with a new found respect for us 'part timers'. As it is I fear we have sowed the seeds for an animosity that has no place in non league football.

I thought it was a discraceful turn out...considering some of their fans were being arrogant saying "the lowest we ever take is 200 on a tuesday, we'll have 300 easy!" and the fact they are going for the play-offs made it a poor support for me. And to then bring under 200 was terrible...raining or not, they were lifeless. It may have been a disappointing draw for them but at the end of the day, we, (a part time team who have spent most of the season in the relegation zone) took 70 on a Tuesday expecting an absolute battering!

I quite agree that their turnout was poor - but that's hardly the fault of the Torquay fans who did make the journey!  ::)
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

derbygull

« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2008, 10:46:27 PM »

yes i agree gulls turnout was poor but considering  Torquay is a long way from most grounds in this league ie. Stafford last week then Alty, Droylesden on tuesday it can become a touch costly, Good for me  though as i live in derbyshire.
Getting back to yesterday, fair result in poor conditions, i think you get fans of all kinds at any club, i attended on saturday had amiable conversations with several Alty fans, shame about the fracas at the end it was totally unwarranted as the game had been played in good spirit.
Good luck for rest of season

Hamilton

« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2008, 10:53:02 PM »

STATEMENT FROM THE BOARD OF ALTRINCHAM F.C.
The Board of Altrincham FC has issued the following statement regarding events after the final whistle on Saturday:
"Following the incident that occurred at the end of the game on Saturday the Club have sent a letter to Torquay United Football Club to apologise for their part in the matter. The game was equally important for both clubs and emotions were running high. The Club do not condone this type of incident and hope that it does not sour the good relations that we have generated between the clubs this season. The Board of Altrincham Football Club are undertaking investigations into the causes and appropriate action will be taken once concluded".

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What the hell happened at the end of the game???