Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What the hell happened at the end of the game???
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: What the hell happened at the end of the game???  (Read 23557 times)

le bignose

« on: March 29, 2008, 05:44:34 PM »

For those who were still around after the final whislte and witnessed the scenes that unravelled in the dugouts, can you enlighten me on the circumstances to why it happened ............

For those that havent got a clue what im on about, basically a 22 man plus each team offical ''brawl'' errupted and fists were thrown by what i could see ...........

i bloody love passion!!!

ps what a brave, hearty and ''fighting'' spirit we showed today, very proud and even though we didnt get the three points boy did we try get them!! Proud of all the lads today .............. EVEN JOE O'NEIL !!!!

Dougals Dad

Re: What the hell happened at the end of the game???
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 05:49:15 PM »

We think something was said by one of the Torkee bench that did not go down well with the Alty bench.

We suspect the "Big Time Charlie" attitude by the big club. But that is pure supposition at the mo.

le bignose

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 05:53:14 PM »

WANKERS!!

wish Laney and the boys had done them in !!!

But to be fair we did our fighting on the pitch .............. and won the battle even though we didnt get the three points!! We deserved too!!

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 05:54:08 PM »

Not sure what was said to GB, but GH wasn't happy, there was a few words and a bit of pushing, then one of the turkey lads said something and one of the Alty staff responded (not sure who) Alty Tunnel Steward involved trying to keep the peace as was Graham Rowley.

Once calmed down, all of the remaining Turkey players weighed in and it went off again. Ref blew his whistle continously for about 30 seconds then it all calmed down...

GH defintiely involved, but largely the Torquay players that carried it on...

Storm in a teacup, just hope it's a fine only from the 'powers that be' and no point deduction.

The Torquay fans coming out were moaning about poor segregation and having to stand in the open... Told them to expect the same next year, hopefully in sub-zero conditions

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 05:58:12 PM »

According To Paul Buckle the ref sorted it and no one was booked and that was the end of it
Harold

Dougals Dad

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 05:59:08 PM »

Depends if the ref puts it in his report.

CR1

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 07:37:19 PM »

I believe the whole thing stemmed from a (pretty weak) Torquay penalty appeal in the second half and GB kept having a go at the Torquay bench who had half heartedly appealed. They didn't really take much notice of him to be honest.  At the end GB carried on his rant and somehow it all escalated from there. Not sure why he didn't just walk away really. I could understand such a reaction had the incident in question affected the outcome......

Hodgey

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 07:42:01 PM »

I had a box seat in the main stand saw what actually happened. Something was said between Alty and Torkee bench which Torkee then mouthed of to, and Graham Barrow took exception. He then squared up to the small assistant manager bloke. At this point it was handbags at paces as each of the two groups held back their respective hot heads. I saw Mr Barrow walk away but as words continued to be being exchanged, he then walked back for a second argument but never got physical.

GH then had a row with an official who I believe to be the chairman of Torkeee and GH pointed out the their bench were 'mouthing off', he was then told by the chairman to 'grow up'. This continued for about 20 seconds but they slowly squared up and GH obvious upset with being told to 'grow up' wagged his finger in the face of the chairman. The chairman made no physical contact, but GH then grabbed him by the throat. A melay then began as the two teams tried to split up the fight; GH was dragged away and broke free of the crowd. He then turned heel to wade back in and managed to bulldoze three blokes to crack the Chairman with and I have to admit a pretty good right hand. Some person who I cant identify then flanked the crowd to lean across two people to yank the hair (and almost his head) off the chairman in a pintzer movement, Fights and pushing then began in about three places in small groups as the ref blew his whistle all the way through the trouble.

The SADDEST thing about today is a torkeee fan had an epileptic fit in the stand and was in a bad way. The stewards acted brilliantly and treated the guy on the spot and then after they stretched him away. He then wandered back at the end of the game just as the fighting began and I last saw him being treated again as I left. I hope he is ok as he had two fits in 20 mins which must be very bad. It puts things in prospective when you see some poor bloke collapse in front of you. I hope he is ok!

I like passion and Im not afraid to stand my ground if matters get physical but only if my family & friends are being threatened or I truely believe it is right to do so. But if I clocked every person I disagreed with AND especially at WORK!! I would be sacked in a heartbeat.

WHAT IS GOING ON????????????

DT

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2008, 07:50:56 PM »

The young man turned to me and said "I am having a fit", luckily the senior steward was in vocal distance and the young man was dealt with in the correct procedure.

I was present in the bar and took responsibility for the young man from George Heslop who to that stage had accompanied the young man you refer to. The good news is I sat and went though his bets for the day and luckily despite an apparently dreadful day managed to win around £300 on his bets, of course the Torquay ones had no substance!

The sad thing is that a local taxi ripped him off for £25 from the station but the Alty Stewards rallied round to give the young man a lift to the Metro and hopefully safely to his hotel in Manchester... hope he enjoys Droylsden on Tuesday.

Despite some of the nonsense that went on today, thank goodness Alty retains its heart, passion and pride....enough said
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 07:55:35 PM by DT »

Jenga

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2008, 08:04:15 PM »

I had a box seat in the main stand saw what actually happened. Something was said between Alty and Torkee bench which Torkee then mouthed of to, and Graham Barrow took exception. He then squared up to the small assistant manager bloke. At this point it was handbags at paces as each of the two groups held back their respective hot heads. I saw Mr Barrow walk away but as words continued to be being exchanged, he then walked back for a second argument but never got physical.

GH then had a row with an official who I believe to be the chairman of Torkeee and GH pointed out the their bench were 'mouthing off', he was then told by the chairman to 'grow up'. This continued for about 20 seconds but they slowly squared up and GH obvious upset with being told to 'grow up' wagged his finger in the face of the chairman. The chairman made no physical contact, but GH then grabbed him by the throat. A melay then began as the two teams tried to split up the fight; GH was dragged away and broke free of the crowd. He then turned heel to wade back in and managed to bulldoze three blokes to crack the Chairman with and I have to admit a pretty good right hand. Some person who I cant identify then flanked the crowd to lean across two people to yank the hair (and almost his head) off the chairman in a pintzer movement, Fights and pushing then began in about three places in small groups as the ref blew his whistle all the way through the trouble.

The SADDEST thing about today is a torkeee fan had an epileptic fit in the stand and was in a bad way. The stewards acted brilliantly and treated the guy on the spot and then after they stretched him away. He then wandered back at the end of the game just as the fighting began and I last saw him being treated again as I left. I hope he is ok as he had two fits in 20 mins which must be very bad. It puts things in prospective when you see some poor bloke collapse in front of you. I hope he is ok!

I like passion and Im not afraid to stand my ground if matters get physical but only if my family & friends are being threatened or I truely believe it is right to do so. But if I clocked every person I disagreed with AND especially at WORK!! I would be sacked in a heartbeat.

I hope your wrong about the course of events I really do. There is NO excuse to be honest.

Hamilton

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2008, 08:50:40 PM »

I hope your wrong about the course of events I really do. There is NO excuse to be honest.

If this is true then I must agree with Jenga: no excuse. I doubt GG was there, but he will have to have a serious look at these events (if they are as described).

VofD

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2008, 08:55:22 PM »

"Staying Up" is correct in his precis of events, except that it was not the Torquay Chairman that Heathcote had a go at, but the Chief Executive Colin Lee. I believe this all kicked off  after comments between a Torquay director and Graham Barrow over the melee towards the end of the match when Torquay thought they should have had a penalty, and that Graham Barrow refused to shake hands at the end with the opposition managers. Then of course Heathcote and his son had to get involved and that was when Heathcote Senior squared up to Colin Lee, and all hell broke loose. Altogether, there must have been about 30 + people having a go at each other at the same time!!!!!

Director Graham Rowley was caught up in the middle of all this, and witnessed everything.
So, after another afternoon of Heathcote cursing and swearing his way through this match ( AND REMEMBER WE ARE SUPPOSED TO  BE A FAMILY CLUB TRYING TO ATTRACT FAMILIES) we then have these utterly disgraceful scenes at the end which will probably result in the club being fined substantially by the League.
Are the Board going to issue a statement of condemnation over the management team's actions, or is it going to be another example of no matter what Heathcote does or says, HE IS THE RIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB. This is yet another episode in the long line of embarrassments that this man has brought upon our club, and irrespective of what point we have reached in the season and what our future might be, it is my view that the Board should now release him off his duties with immediate effect, and not make this club any more of a laughing stock than they already are.

penfold

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2008, 09:06:22 PM »

Well in GH and GB
These men are oviously passionate about the club, and im glad they spoke there mind.
If we had some one else who oviosly showed no emotion then oviosly some of you would complain, stop sitting on the fence

JT

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2008, 09:09:03 PM »

So would people prefer it if we had a manager who just sat there all game and showed no emotion what so ever?  I don't see people complaining about GB's behaviour refusing to shake the other managers hands, which sparked this event.  Ok maybe GH did wrong today in his actions but now all of a sudden people talk about sacking him because of this! Its ridiculous! He just got us a convincing draw against the team second in the table. And well if GH is an embarrassment to the club then God help us because that man does nothing but try his best for our beloved team.  It just seems ridiculous how people complain about not showing passion and then when they do they get slated for it. Do we label Colin Little as an embarrassment to the club when he lashes out at someone (Grays) or Senior (Vics)?  They are all part of this club

Hodgey

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2008, 09:10:15 PM »

The young man turned to me and said "I am having a fit", luckily the senior steward was in vocal distance and the young man was dealt with in the correct procedure.

I was present in the bar and took responsibility for the young man from George Heslop who to that stage had accompanied the young man you refer to. The good news is I sat and went though his bets for the day and luckily despite an apparently dreadful day managed to win around £300 on his bets, of course the Torquay ones had no substance!

The sad thing is that a local taxi ripped him off for £25 from the station but the Alty Stewards rallied round to give the young man a lift to the Metro and hopefully safely to his hotel in Manchester... hope he enjoys Droylsden on Tuesday.

Despite some of the nonsense that went on today, thank goodness Alty retains its heart, passion and pride....enough said

Im glad to hear he is ok and £300 up. He must of thought he had still not come round properly as he staggered directly into the trouble!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team