Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What the hell happened at the end of the game???
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: What the hell happened at the end of the game???  (Read 23554 times)

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: What the hell happened at the end of the game???
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2008, 09:19:45 PM »

Have to say I'm a supporter of GH but I like to think that in situations like this we retain the moral high ground. If Graham did strike first it'll be very disappointing. Sacking is absurd but Graham should be reminded to keep his temper under control. I reserve judgement till we hear his account of events though.
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2008, 09:19:58 PM »

Leave all this to the club,you say Graham Rowley witnessed what went on,so let the board get on with whatever they need to do.
Harold

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2008, 09:21:53 PM »

Well in GH and GB
These men are oviously passionate about the club, and im glad they spoke there mind.
If we had some one else who oviosly showed no emotion then oviosly some of you would complain, stop sitting on the fence

Since when have 'passion' and 'showing emotion' constituted a licence to try to assault someone?

Yet another hugely embarrassing incident involving our manager.

I despair.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2008, 09:22:58 PM »

In the last few matches GH has done a superb job, maybe listened to people and had the team playing with far more zest & threat. He seems to have unearthed another couple of decent loanees. He has had a great history at the club and done well to even get us to this level.

We cannot afford to lose money if we are fined for this - if this is true, and I've no reason to disbelieve the eye witness reports - or get a bad reputation.
However, as much as I am proud that GH has such passion for the club, this behaviour must be reigned in.
My instinct is to give GH the benefit of the doubt, but I am inclined to have a certain degree of sympathy with VofD's argument on this (There, I said it!).

No matter what the cause of the argument or the nature of the behaviour by the Torquay representatives, I hope we have apologised for that incident. No matter what has happened during the match, you DO shake hands afterwards. Even Alex Ferguson was saying the other day, for instance, that his players are told to shake the ref's hand after a match - no matter how poor his performance might have been.

At the very least, this cannot go on. GG must take action.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 09:26:11 PM by Jennifers Dad »

Hodgey

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2008, 09:23:58 PM »

So would people prefer it if we had a manager who just sat there all game and showed no emotion what so ever?  I don't see people complaining about GB's behaviour refusing to shake the other managers hands, which sparked this event.  Ok maybe GH did wrong today in his actions but now all of a sudden people talk about sacking him because of this! Its ridiculous! He just got us a convincing draw against the team second in the table. And well if GH is an embarrassment to the club then God help us because that man does nothing but try his best for our beloved team.  It just seems ridiculous how people complain about not showing passion and then when they do they get slated for it. Do we label Colin Little as an embarrassment to the club when he lashes out at someone (Grays) or Senior (Vics)?  They are all part of this club
I love passion, but if Ferguson waded into Peter Kenyon of Chelski in the same manner he would never manager again. Im not saying sack him I am just pointing out that fact that if you DONT do what he did in football. Even GH would agree with me on this one in reflection, as it was very bad.

Butty

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2008, 09:27:36 PM »

To be honest, I support GH for standing up for this football club. We have a very proud history, of which GH was very much a part of, and opposition staff should respect us, simple as. Quotes such as "the likes of Altrincham" are undermiming the club and should not be used. They show a blatant lack of respect towards a club who are, at the end of the day, after 180 minutes of football, ona level par with them. I don't mind people saying things like that AFTER they have come here and proved that they should.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2008, 09:31:15 PM »

To be honest, I support GH for standing up for this football club. We have a very proud history, of which GH was very much a part of, and opposition staff should respect us, simple as. Quotes such as "the likes of Altrincham" are undermiming the club and should not be used. They show a blatant lack of respect towards a club who are, at the end of the day, after 180 minutes of football, ona level par with them. I don't mind people saying things like that AFTER they have come here and proved that they should.

I appreciate what you are saying, but just because another club does not show respect for us - and it is such a common occurrence we should be used to it! - it does not mean we should be so mean spirited back.  Rise above the provocation (easy to say from so far away I admit) and show who are the better people.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2008, 09:36:24 PM »

Butty,

Standing up for our football club is absolutely fine.

However, there are several ways of doing that but trying to assault an opposing team's Director of Football is NOT one of them, regardless of what may have been said after the game.

Alty had just achieved a highly creditable and deserved draw against the team who are second in the league.....only for the behaviour of some members of the club's staff to tarnish that result after the final whistle.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 09:39:30 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

le bignose

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2008, 09:36:37 PM »

taken from the recent comments of our own chairman (off main site)............. says alot after today i think

''The authorities don't do enough to punish the offending clubs. Added to that we have players mouthing off to referees from the Premiership downwards. It's all symptomatic of a lack of discipline and respect throughout the game. I love it at Altrincham FC, it's a lovely club and the people are great, but it is this wider aspect of football that really gets me down. I am really sick inside about what goes on and if I leave the football world, that will be the reason why''

Wonder what GG actually feels about it all ...............

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2008, 09:38:41 PM »

taken from the recent comments of our own chairman (off main site)............. says alot after today i think

''The authorities don't do enough to punish the offending clubs. Added to that we have players mouthing off to referees from the Premiership downwards. It's all symptomatic of a lack of discipline and respect throughout the game. I love it at Altrincham FC, it's a lovely club and the people are great, but it is this wider aspect of football that really gets me down. I am really sick inside about what goes on and if I leave the football world, that will be the reason why''

Wonder what GG actually feels about it all ...............

I don't believe that Mister Goodwin was present at Moss Lane this afternoon to witness the post match debacle.

le bignose

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2008, 09:41:31 PM »

maybe a good thing but regardless it still shows how he feels about teams and clubs showing the correct behaviour within the game

i personally think he will be somewhat pee'd off to be honest ............ and why wouoldnt he !!!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2008, 09:43:49 PM »

I think Graeme Rowley will fill him in. GR is a decent man and I am sure he will be peturbed by these scenes

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2008, 09:45:02 PM »

I think Graeme Rowley will fill him in. GR is a decent man and I am sure he will be peturbed by these scenes

Well, he certainly had a good view of them!

Dianne

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2008, 09:48:54 PM »

Just got back from Altrincham---what a place and what some people up there!! From the performance point of view very disapointing not to come away with three points. We created enough chances, crossing was very good but it was just the finishing that again let us down. As for there equaliser it was down to our mistake in the penalty area.
I have to comment though on the stewards and organisation. 5 minutes before kick off the heavens opened and one of the stewards started letting us into a covered seating area. There were about 100 seats with only a boys football side sat there. All of a sudden the stewards were having an internal meeting that we shouldnt have been allowed in or at least charged £2 each.
From then on we were being controlled by the Bernard Manning twins---we couldnt stand, couldnt move around and language had to be watched (which was fair enough with kids about). The guy next to me got given a verbal warning for shouting "he should be booked!!" (????)--the steward was convinced he had sworn and kept on and on reprimanding him. The next minute these stewards were laughing and giggling and then back to acting like Hitlers!!!--I think a medical team should be sent up there as the mood swings are very concerning. Towards the end even some of  the locals were getting quite moody and again the stewards were involved but supporting them on this occasion. I missed the initial start of the fight at the end but  can confirm every player,member of staff and officials were involved. By the time my little legs had made it to the tunnel area and camera phone had been started I only caught the last bit on film. Some of the Gulls fans were saying that one of our guys had been hit badly..does anyone know anymore????
So in conclusion if you know anybody who has no brain cells and wants to wear a yellow jacket suggest you contact Altrincham FC.
Come on you yellows!!!!!!!!! 

This is from the Torquay site, the start of some interesting reading on how they view us ( as if we didn't know already )

Dougals Dad

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2008, 09:52:20 PM »

I would imagine we can take some of those comments with a pinch of salt. Our stewards have been praised by so many so often previously.  I daresay there is some rsentment to not beating "A team like Altrincham."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What the hell happened at the end of the game???