News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ALTRINCHAM/TORQUAY

Author Topic: ALTRINCHAM/TORQUAY  (Read 2649 times)

forevertufc

ALTRINCHAM/TORQUAY
« on: March 30, 2008, 02:45:48 PM »

i am a torquay season ticket holder and am posting this topic in peace,i was not at the game yesterday but have heard their was a bad incident after,and have now read a wide number of views, it would appear that we may in some way have dissrespected your football  club,as a proud fan of torquay i find that shamefull and would like to say sorry,in our defence we have had many message's of thank's for the upmost respect we have shown all season from both clubs and fans from the  bsp ,maybe the pressure of expectation got the better of us,thats no excuse and does not make it right,regardless of who's fault it was i would like to think we can move forward without a bitter taste,maybe even a spirit of freindship that way we both obtain the moral high ground and football is the winner,the way it should be,hopefully i can post something like later on torquay.net .i dont  know what kind of response i will get from both sets of fans hoping for a good one ,anyway i would like to wish you and your all the best of luck and hope you stay up thanks
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 02:59:43 PM by forevertufc »

forevertufc

Re: ALTRINCHAM/TORQUAY
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 05:47:06 PM »

hi again i was hoping a few altrincham fans might come forward and except  my apologies,i have posted on the torquay site and so far i have had 4 good and 1 bad reponse
i will link it over to site and hopefully it will show that not all our fans are arrogant thanks once again

Hamilton

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 05:49:03 PM »

Your comments are welcome.

The "Goodwins" by your name show 4 nods of approval

louise1925

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 05:53:53 PM »

The game itself was played in the proper spirit. The afters have (hopefully) been dealt with. No reason for the fans of either side to become embroilled in a slanging match. Good luck for the rest of the season Torquay.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 06:08:58 PM »

I agree, time to move on, and the+6 or +7 Goodwins beside your name show that people appreciate what youve posted

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 06:24:40 PM »

NO NEED TO APOLOGISE.
THE INSTIGATORS ARE THE ONE'S WHO NEED TO APOLOGISE!!
NOT THE SPECTATORS,OR THE PLAYERS.
LET'S JUST REMEMBER THE GAME
A GOOD BATTLE ON THE PITCH, BY TWO FULL HEARTED TEAMS.
A FAIR RESULT.

Hodgey

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 06:40:47 PM »

I agree the football was played in the right spirit and Torquay had a lot of support in the Main stand and I never heard anything but friendly banter. I have witnessed a lot worse also from the opposition bench i.e Crawley Town.

But the response from the Alty & Torquay management suggests this is all best put behind us, and I hope both sets of supporters do also

forevertufc

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 07:10:02 PM »

thanks guy's ,i agree it is time to move on ,i just wanted to show you and other fans viewing that we were not all arrogant,and try to bring a spirit of freindship from this regretable incident,below you will find the link to my topic on the torquay board were you will see that most of the replys are good one's,but like most we have the odd 1-2 that like to spoil things just ignore them.
http://torquayunited.talkboards.net/YaBB.pl?num=1206885664

Northumbergull

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2008, 09:33:29 PM »

Handshakes all 'round from me!

Northumbergull

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008, 09:45:31 PM »

I was in the main stand and everybody appeared to enjoy the game, is the supporter that had the fits ok? The stewards looked after him twicw, hope he is ok?

Good luck for the rest of the season.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2008, 11:03:24 PM »

As an Alty fan based in London  who has a Gulls supporting workmate I find all this a bit difficult. Torquay where always one of the smallest league clubs, but are now on the up, that police dog must have had some free steaks, but as of now we share the same territory.

So, no more Billy Big Stuff from Torquay please, and we need to forget the humility/pride bit about how small we are as once we were as a club probably bigger and better than them. Lets play football and hopefully win and prove our status in this league. The same division they, Cambridge, Exeter, York, and Halifax currently share with us, little old Alty.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ALTRINCHAM/TORQUAY