News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 no digrace losing one nil at york

Author Topic: no digrace losing one nil at york  (Read 9753 times)

conf2006

« on: November 05, 2006, 05:13:06 PM »

sounds like we played ok especially first half.york away is one of the games we dont expect to get anything from .lets hope colin coming off was tactical and that others coming back from injury are ok.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: no digrace losing one nil at york
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 05:20:29 PM »

bloody hell its tight now 3 points in it. Happy enough so far though its gonna be a nailbiter!
Come on you red and white........

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 05:26:38 PM »

Bit of a gap now until Crawley on the 18/11. I see in today's NLP that HMRC are taking the Majeed's to court on the 15th. It could be Grays on the 25th next.

conf2006

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 05:29:37 PM »

val owen dropped today ? anyone know ?

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 05:32:26 PM »

Top of page, main site 'doubtful through injury' is what John Laidlar put re Val and today. Nothing further though. As he wasn't on bench sure it was injury. With Bushell back fit we have a replacement though.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 07:28:21 PM »

After the R&D shambles today's performance was creditable. Coburn and Rose were fantastic, the fact we desperatley need a left back was made even more evident by Donaldson.

First half we were the better team even though they had a couple of great chances but we seemed to get caught cold at the the start of the second.

All in all i can't complain about the result or the performance.

13 days to Crawley (perhaps) and another 'must win' game.

First time I've been to Kit Kat but I liked the old ground, but was gald it didn't rain.
Full time and proud of it

Penistone Robin

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 09:07:06 PM »

Strange, i thought Donaldson struggled against Peyton.  He was trying to stretch the play wide and attack Warren, but didn't get much joy so he moved to the other side.  Peyton was caught dwelling on the ball once, but apart from that did alright i thought, outbattling their No.10 on a number of occasions.  I don't think left-back is our weakest position based on what i've seen, i would look for a quick winger first.

I didn't go to Rushden, but i thought it was a good reaction.  The commitment was impressive- winning some good challenges as well as working hard.  

babybrads

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 09:29:11 AM »

how was we going forward the usual?

lem

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 11:35:11 AM »

Donaldson 'struggled' in the first half simply because McEwan had him on the wing in order to accomodate the woeful Stamp upfront with Farrell. His true class came through in the second half when he played more central. This also enabled Farrell to get into the game more and both were fantastic.

I thought you did well going forward in the first half, although the end product did seem a little rash sometimes, I thought you would have benefited from maybe working the ball a bit more. Certainly deserved to be at least two up at half time.

All in all I'd expect (and hope) there to be at least four teams below you at the end of the season. It's nice to be tested and come away with three points because we've dropped them against so many sh*te teams like Southport, Cambridge and St Albans.

brian rooney

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 11:51:21 AM »

We played away from home against one of the best full time teams in the league and for large sections of the game were more than a match for them. The first half was very encouraging, with probably our first XI for the first time in ages. Second half was tougher, much tougher, but nevertheless, only Clayton Donaldson (who was excellent even without having to use his elbows!) stood between us and a result. Last year, York murdered us twice and man for man were better than us in every single position. This time, it was just the one guy who stood out as being better than anything we had, so we have seriously narrowed the gap and injuries apart, should stay up with what we've got.
For the record, I thought Warren Peyton had a very good match v Donaldson and all we were lacking yesterday was a centre forward who could outmuscle an occasionally shaky defence. Peter Thomson? Is he still alive?
All excellent yesterday. More of the same v Crawley. So glad we took the game to York - what a difference to last season.
AltyBri (my MOM = Munroe, who easily controlled Stamp)

JR04

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 12:31:29 PM »

Other than Donaldson, neither team were at all impressive, but one thing I was impressed about with Alty was that they tried to play football. So many times at York in the conference games have been ruined by teams coming with the sole intention of putting 10 men behind the ball, but you lot didn't do that, so credit where it's due.
Without wanting to be harsh (but im going to be anyway!) you were hopeless when we beat you 5-0 last season, but the improvement since then of your team was very noticeable yesterday, and I cant see you having many problems staying up.
All the best for the rest of the season.

brian rooney

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 12:52:19 PM »

I take issue with you over the 'neither team was impressive' comment. I thought you guys looked sh*t hot going forward in the second half and that our defenders excelled themselves keeping you out. Fair enough, up front we weren't that dangerous and some of your defenders looked a bit wobbly, but two good teams, who played well I think!
AltyBri

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2006, 07:00:17 PM »

only Clayton Donaldson (who was excellent even without having to use his elbows!) stood between us and a result. Last year, York murdered us twice and man for man were better than us in every single position. This time, it was just the one guy who stood out as being better than anything we had,
AltyBri (my MOM = Munroe, who easily controlled Stamp)

Donaldson stood out last season and this season, the guy's class to be fair and one of the few players in this league I would look forward to seeing. I just hope York don't lose him for nothing like with Bishop!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team