PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shocking news
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Shocking news  (Read 6611 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Shocking news
« on: April 15, 2008, 09:00:07 PM »

Police appeal after 'attack' on Market Dave
By Hannah Al-Taraboulsy
Comment | Read Comments (10)

Market Dave
POLICE are appealing for information after a man was found collapsed in Altrincham.

A passer-by who was walking along Huxley Street near Homebase had found the unconscious victim, David O'Kell, known locally as Market Dave, lying in the bushes.

Officers attended and Mr O'Kell, 67, was taken to Wythenshawe Hospital with a head injury. He was later transferred to Hope Hospital where he remains in a serious but stable condition.

Inquiries later established Mr O'Kell was earlier drinking in the Railway Pub in Broadheath.

Mr O'Kell is unable to tell police how he sustained his injuries and police are now keen to trace anyone who may have seen him at about the time he collapsed to establish what happened.

In particular, officers want to speak to three youths who were seen running along Princess Street from the direction of Huxley Street at about 11.00pm on Wednesday April 9.

Detective Sergeant Andy Reynolds, from Trafford CID, said: "At this stage, we do not know what happened or how the victim sustained his injuries.

"We want to hear from these youths because they could be valuable witnesses and they may be able to help piece together what happened that night.

"The victim has suffered quite a serious head injury and we are anxious to know what happened. I would appeal to anyone who can help to come forward."

Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call 0161 856 7652.

1:46pm today

http://www.thisistrafford.co.uk/display.var.2198135.0.police_appeal_after_attack_on_market_dave.php
@AltyDaz

Butty

Re: Shocking news
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 09:04:05 PM »

Is it just me or are the Police stupid? They want to speak to the running youths because they could be witnesses. Did it never occur them that the guilty run?

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 09:04:11 PM »

Random attack or attack because of who he is ? Disgusting really, hence why I NEVER am alone when i've been drinking and on way home.. hope he pulls through !!

markecky

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 09:04:33 PM »

These people should be found and beaten out the Orange Tree.

I hope the Altrincham underworld is investigating.

There are somethings you just don't do.....

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 09:06:12 PM »

They say that as to see if they get in touch, the police know they probably did it but as to not cause alarm they say they would like to speak to them 'to help them with their enquiries' you'd be suprised how many people fall for it !

HeyAlty

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 09:44:35 PM »

How could they do that to a legend in the altrincham area. Whoever did it must be well hard a group of people attacking a defensless 67 year old and maybe a bit mentally ill old man

Barney

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 09:54:44 PM »

Is it just me or are the Police stupid? They want to speak to the running youths because they could be witnesses. Did it never occur them that the guilty run?

I'm not being funny or anything, but they're hardly going to make an appeal to the youths to come forward as suspects are they? They are "witnesses" untill they, if they, arrive at the police station that is.

Dreadful news though, all the best to Market Dave.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 10:21:32 PM »

COME ON DAVE,,GET WELL SOON.
"IT'S MARKET DAY TODAY"
HE IS A LEGEND OF ALTRINCHAM.

Narcissist

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 07:27:46 AM »

I hope they string up the little pricks and let everyone in alty kick seven bells of sh*t out of them to see how they like it.

Three big men, very hard. Beating up an old man who still works his socks off.

It makes you want to leave the country!

Get well soon Dave, the best thing about alty is all its characters. Dave is by far one of the biggest!

Jezza

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 09:00:30 AM »

whoever attacked the legend that is Market Dave needs a serious beating...hangings too good for them.

Cowards!

Get well soon market!

Ashley Alty

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 04:07:16 PM »

message on the "all hail market dave" website that he died last night - can anyone verify?  SAM website hasn't been updated with this very very sad news

A legend

le bignose

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 04:31:15 PM »

ive just heard that he has past away!! And i hope its just a rumour and what i write below can be ignored BUT ............ if not then ..........

This saddens me as i only live round the corner on the estate from where the incident took place!! ive heard who ever did it did it and robbered him as well!! three words ...... you f**king cowards

These f**king bastards need the sh*t kicked out of them and left for dead.

Ecky sums this up by saying ............. somethings you just dont do!!

Another quote was "alty is made up of characters" and unfortuately we have just lost another one from these gangs of lads no one has control over!!

Its just sad sad news .............

We have lost "mr Altrincham"!!!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 04:53:54 PM by le bignose »

Hodgey

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008, 05:25:56 PM »

I nearly ran him over on Hale Road last week when he just pushed his cart out in front of me. But you cant get angry as he always had right of way in my eyes !. Sad news if he has died as this is now a murder case, and I would quite happy see hanging brought back for the sh*thouses who beat him up!

Narcissist

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2008, 07:42:29 AM »

I hope this is wrong. I sincerely hope this is all a big mistake.

If not then RIP Dave. I dont know anyone from Alty who can't raise a smile when thinking of you. That says something.

Frosty

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2008, 08:00:42 AM »

I am informed he is very much alive!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shocking news