News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Steve Brundrett RIP

Author Topic: Steve Brundrett RIP  (Read 6785 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Steve Brundrett RIP
« on: November 11, 2006, 12:29:55 AM »

I don't really know if this is the right part of the forum to post this but I'm sure that if it isn't then some kind soul will move it somewhere more appropriate.

I just thought that I had to post to express my sadness at the untimely demise of Steve Brundrett.

Steve just seems always to have been there when I've been at a first team match at Moss Lane. He was a really nice guy who never had a bad word for anyone, would offer to help out with whatever he could, however he could and really really only ever wanted the best for Alty.

I know that the minutes silence thing sometimes seems to be 'overused' for want of a better phrase but I really think that Steve's memory is totally deserving of such a gesture at the next home fixture.

As I say, I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum, or even the wrong part of the right forum. I'm sorry if this is inappropriate or if people disagree with my post but Steve was one of the good guys, no hidden agenda, no politics - just an Alty fan from head to toe.

I hope you end up where you belong Steve and whilst you're up there look favourably on us.

(Not religious but) God Bless

Phil

Unemployed Coalminer

Re: Steve Brundrett RIP
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 10:21:54 AM »

I'm really sorry to hear that. Very sad news indeed.

markecky

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 11:12:09 AM »

Steve always said hello to me when ever I passed him on the popular side.  He loved it when we had won and he'd let you know if he thought someone was rubbish as well.  Always remember him being the first to donate to the SAFE raffle at Christmas and being keen to know who had won his prize.

Thoughts go out to his family, he'll be sadly missed at Moss Lane.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 02:02:13 PM »

Ver sad news :( I knew of Steve from when he sold his flat in Sale about 7/8 years ago through the estate agents I worked at. Nice chap.

Alex

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 02:19:18 PM »

very sad news. r.i.p.  steve you shall be missed

Mark M

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 04:51:44 AM »

Steve was always first to respond to a request for help or a donation of a raffle prize with STAR and was on the phone donating a book for this years up coming STAR raffle within seconds of me updating the STAR site asking for prizes.
Very sad he'll never be on my answering machine again with an eager offer of help.
A loss to the club sadly missed.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 07:12:34 PM »

I have received this from Mark Maddox via Email.

----------------------------------------------------

Just a quick email mate, can you please pass my condolences on to Steve Brundrett's family,
I remember Steve as being a big Alty fan.

cheers mate Mads

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 09:28:58 PM »

Like a lot of Alty fans I only know people by face rather than name. I think I know who Steve was but I'm not sure. I'll find out against Crawley I guess. If it's the lad I'm thinking of and I'm wrong he'll be surprised at getting a big hug from me on Saturday. But he's still one of us and it's a real loss.

I did notice in one of my programmes the other day that Steve Brundrett sponsors £1 a goal and 60p a clean sheet. WOuld anybody be interested in paying on Steves behalf for the rest of the season? I would throw in a few pound to cover it if anyone wants to join me. Like I said, if you don't really know someone maybe this would be a nice way of letting Steve and hios family know that he's not forgotten. Anyone?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Steve Brundrett RIP