News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The support of the people of Altrincham

Author Topic: The support of the people of Altrincham  (Read 3192 times)

DT

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 26, 2008, 08:57:59 PM »

I am posting this using DT's login I must confess that I am Mrs DT (as most of you know me) can I just say that tonight I am disgusted at the abuse we have received from the inbreeds of Timperley, may I thank our local landlord for showing the match and the Tracey's were out in our Alty shirts, my son and I were first hailed by a half wit with one brain cell screamin "Chelsea  Chelsea" until he realised we were wearing Alty shirts says it all really doesn't it! at the end Mr T and I then had to endure a barrage of abuse from dare I say it an "alleged" prawn sandwich eater, and an episolon  he obviously had flown back from the match on his Lear jet, now I must admit to being a bit of a United Fan but I am so proud of Alty and DT and I will still be there next season  but we have no chance of getting people to come to matches when they are all intermarried and half wits!

Dougals Dad

Re: The support of the people of Altrincham
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 09:05:31 PM »

I sympathise. The Alty kit is similar to the old Rangers away kit and, living in Scotland, I have had abuse from Celtic fans (until they realise their error).

There are many very stupid, prejudiced & ignorant people out their who may be fans of their clubs (many when things are going well) but not of football. Some of the messages on here from fans of other clubs on here tonight are sourced from ignorami, who have gone beyond rivalry and into stupidity.

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 09:52:52 PM »

Mrs & Mr DT - You are my auntie & uncle. Fair play for going out and watching it!!!

End of!!

starjammer

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 10:00:40 PM »

Sorry to hear all that. Unfortunately, your aggressor is probably not the only one who thinks that supporting a 'big' team, is somehow a reflection on him  ::) - and Timperley, like everywhere else has plenty of thick heads, like him.
Most of not all, Alty supporters are true football fans, who love football, and are loyal to their local team, and despite today, have lots to be proud of - unlike the thickhead you encountered today. Wish I'd been there!  ;)

Narcissist

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 10:08:00 PM »

Dont worry, said idiots are probably now expressing their well thought out opinions to some other poor victim. Big guys dishing it out to a family on a saturday night. Im sure they spent the rest of the day pursuing other major hooligan activities.

Silkyman23

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 06:45:38 AM »

Sorry to hear all that. Unfortunately, your aggressor is probably not the only one who thinks that supporting a 'big' team, is somehow a reflection on him  ::) - and Timperley, like everywhere else has plenty of thick heads, like him.
Most of not all, Alty supporters are true football fans, who love football, and are loyal to their local team, and despite today, have lots to be proud of - unlike the thickhead you encountered today. Wish I'd been there!  ;)

Driving to the Macc game yesterday, half listening to the Manyoo match on the radio, I drove past more than one person out and about in his manyoo shirt.

Such big fans that they didn't even watch the game!

Alty Blue

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 09:18:25 AM »

I now live in Timperley, but have lived in Alty most of my 43 years, and have supported The Robins for most of those years, and do not appreciate being called an Inbreed. I know DT well, and he knows me, and he would not call me that. Then to say you also like the rags.....need I say more.

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 09:30:02 AM »

Watching the match in the railway there was a surprising number of closet Alty fans who seemed to be off home after the Utd match and then said"oh bloody hell...Alty are on tele......brilliant!....what league are they in again?"

I met a few famous Alty regulars who like me had shamefully saved their money in the sure knowledge that if we'd travelled down all excited we'd discover ten minutes in that Halifax were 3-0 up.....as I said...shame on us!!!

There was one half wit who decided to chant "Come on  Weymouth" but overall the support was good from the pub landlady and the regular locals.....a quite vocal chant of "Heathcote out" at the end was met with bemusement though!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team