PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Witton Albion
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Witton Albion  (Read 7095 times)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Witton Albion
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 08:39:59 PM »

Serious question? You have a salt museum ;D
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

steveo_macc

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 11:12:00 PM »

alty, northwich and witton should merge together, MIGHT reach the dizzy heights of 2000 in your attendances ;D

Stockportalty

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2008, 09:33:37 AM »

Where do clubs get these rich chairmen from? Down here Truro have one he is ploughing millions into them to try and get them into the football league,Next season they are in the southern league after 2 promotions in 2 seasons

I've talked about Truro before, they have 1 game to play this season and have 100 points having lost only three games and drawn 4 or 5, their goal difference is incredible. The table of the league they are in is on www.football.mitoo.co.uk, they are champions of the Toostation Western Premier league. Their Chairman wanted to go 'full time' this season but decided not to, it was a bit  too early. But, if you think about it, what other teams are there round about, their nearest 'league' club is Plymouth, its a fantastic opportunity for someone with money to get a name for himself. Good Luck to them, it will be interesting to see where they find their level, as we know FCUM have not found it as easy this season.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2008, 11:25:48 AM »

alty, northwich and witton should merge together, MIGHT reach the dizzy heights of 2000 in your attendances ;D

i've just been to www'domesdaybook.com and there's clear evidence that the population of macclesfield is descended from a union between a roman centurion and a woolly-backed hill-dwelling domestic farm creature.

markecky

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2008, 12:07:50 PM »

We could throw in the leagues worst supported team as well for good measure.  You can keep your hooliagans though that you picked up this year..we don't want them.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2008, 12:16:03 PM »

You wouldn't be talking about a league club that got a massive 1378 through the gates for a game this season ...

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2008, 10:46:12 AM »

re truro. i spend half my life in cornwall, in st austell so i sort of follow whats going on. it is a real opprtunity for them to go at least as far as the conference as they have no competition at all, and indeed they have blown away the competition with embarrassing ease. there is certainly scope for them to regularly get 3000 crowds. what they are trying to do is what the cornish pirates have done in rugby and become the pinnacle club of a local pyramid, feeding talent and support from all over the region. whether this model will work in football i dont know, as i cant see st austell people or falmouth people supporting truro.
they decided not to go full time this year when their plans for a training ground and eventually a new stadium were blocked. you can see the logic in not going the whole way until everything is in place.
for years there has been no ambition in cornish (and d*von) football with clubs happy to stay in the same league year after year and not move up the pyramid. truro have changed all that and now the next tier of cornish clubs are playing in a southwest league. in the end though truro are another club with a sugar daddy and if he gets bored and leaves they will be back in the local leagues in no time

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2008, 10:49:48 AM »

Geographically they would need serious financial injection to continue just to deal with the travelling and hotels required to compete in a national league.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2008, 12:03:52 PM »

thing is over half a million people live in cornwall and there isnt a league club. from truro its an hours drive to plymouth assuming clear roads. there is a chance of sustainability in a way that a lot of the other clubs dont have. i dont see their isolation as being that much worse than torquay for example
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Witton Albion