PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax Debts - Full List
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Halifax Debts - Full List  (Read 47896 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Halifax Debts - Full List
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2008, 04:23:04 PM »

At the risk of being 'peaked' to death, I think we should get on with outr lives as Alty fans and stop focussing on the Halifax situation. I'm as gutted as the rest of you about our relegation and all the fond dreams of the late 60's when we could see league football at Moss Lane in ten years have finally crumbled to dust.
I can't ever see that happening now.
I thought that if we could just hold on in this league and build up gradually, then in the NEXT tean years there may have been a chance - but it's going to be not far short of that before we get back in the BSP.
Not only that, I just can't see Halifax going bump and giving us a reprieve again. It's just clutching at straw and it's not going to happen. I hope I've proved wrong, I truly do.

At the end of the day, I'll still be following the team whatever league they're in and whoever's the manager. For what it's worth, I hope that's not Ken McKenna.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Longman

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2008, 04:27:54 PM »

Most companies are likely to refuse if they are owed upwards of 10,000 pounds.

A lot of companies will feel that by accepting 2.5 pence it means somebody has got away with ripping them off and just walked away. Someone gets to buy Halifax for a fraction of what they should be taking on. By refusing the CVA it gives companies an opportunity to say that they wont give their services up for free again. It will also stop a repeat situation.

From a Halifax point of view they would be better just folding up and starting an AFC club than continue with this vicious circle. A clean slate in a lower division could be a better future.

If they folded and started an AFC club, what would happen to the Shay?  What happens to all the creditors who are owed money?  Does no one get held accountable for all this debt owed? 

Longman

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2008, 04:29:24 PM »

At the risk of being 'peaked' to death, I think we should get on with outr lives as Alty fans and stop focussing on the Halifax situation. I'm as gutted as the rest of you about our relegation and all the fond dreams of the late 60's when we could see league football at Moss Lane in ten years have finally crumbled to dust.
I thought that if we could just hold on in this league and build up gradually, then in the NEXT tean years there may have been a chance - but it's going to be not far short of that before we get back in the BSP.
Not only that, I just can't see Halifax going bump and giving us a reprieve again. It's just clutching at straw and it's not going to happen. I hope I've proved wrong, I truly do.

At the end of the day, I'll still be following the team whatever league they're in and whoever's the manager. For what it's worth, I hope that's not Ken McKenna.

Why do you think it will take us 10 years to get back in the BSP?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2008, 04:30:04 PM »

Indeed.
There's plenty to debate about Alty's future rather than get mired in the Halifax financial morass!

May I ask if there's any particular reason why you would not be inclined welcome Ken McKenna with open arms?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2008, 04:48:45 PM »

Just my opinion, but here goes:

First: Getting back in the BSP
We're going to lose at least 30% of our gates in the BSN. The loss of that income is going to mean we're not going to be able to keep half our team without them taking a cut - also, until the financial madness dies down (if it ever does) we won't even be able to compete, wage wise, with what teams like Hyde are offering.
Let's face it, we had a fantastic end to our first season in the BSN and competed fabulously in the play-offs. We exceeded all our expectations and got into the BSP even finishing a lot of points off the top. Could we ever now fund a team that was capable of winning that league without several years build up to it given that there is not going to be any spending sanctioned which would take us into the red? (something, by the way, I fully agree with)

Secondly: Ken McKenna
The Welsh league is a completely different animal to the BSP or the BSN so it's taking a big risk to put too much faith in the achievements at TNS. Wasn't Davenport at Bangor for a while and he didn't stay long at Southport.
More importantly, the TNS side was heavily subsidised and a full-time outfit. I don't think he's got any experience in running a club on a shoestring like our would have to be - especially in the BSN.
For my money, a better bet would be Graham Barrow (which is why I thought he was being brought here in the first place in the longer term). Someone who, OK, has only had management experince at ful time clubs but has worked with very little money for virtually all his managerial career and who has the good of the club at heart as much as Ken.
Having said all that, I wouldn't be devastated if Ken took over, I just think he's not the man for the job.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2008, 04:49:59 PM »

I think Halifax is part of our issues at the moment though. I just don't feel relegated yet.. yes I had a tear or two on Satdee and also was quiet with everyone for a couple of days and wasn't interested in anything..

This sounds silly but I can't move forwards until after the AGM, I feel like my emotions have been all over the place the last few years and I am not subjecting myself to Conference North Football just yet.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2008, 04:57:56 PM »

I think Halifax is part of our issues at the moment though. I just don't feel relegated yet.. yes I had a tear or two on Satdee and also was quiet with everyone for a couple of days and wasn't interested in anything..

This sounds silly but I can't move forwards until after the AGM, I feel like my emotions have been all over the place the last few years and I am not subjecting myself to Conference North Football just yet.

You've hit the nail on the head, I feel exactly the same, its okay sayin we're clutching at straws but we've seen whats happened the last few years. I just don't feel we've been relegated yet. Even more so Farsley seem to be keen on a reprieve too from some sources !!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2008, 05:05:03 PM »

I sincerely hope you're all correct. No one would be more chuffed than me if we stayed up.

Apart from anything else, I've got a couple of litres of Merlot I'd planned to drink (or at least try to get through) after last saturday evening if we survived. Drinking them now would just stick in my throat.

I'll keep them for the AGM eh?  ;)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2008, 05:26:13 PM »

What a great bunch of fans we are,all we seem to want to do is get someone fired from their job after they brought us back upto the BSP,helped get rid of all the clubs debt,so now its thank you very much now p**s off,find yourself another job as we dont want you anymore.gosh we are lucky we dont have bosses that think like our fans do.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 05:58:18 PM by hsmith1 »
Harold

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2008, 05:48:02 PM »

Pardon ?

I am not gettin into this debate fully yet until after the meeting they all have but your point means that he should be manager until he dies and also that no manager would ever get sacked\leave cos I reckon that 90% of managers would have had some form of success somewhere?

Ok on flip side if you were a company that competed with 24 other complanies and you came in the bottom 4 every season and had unhappy customers would you say some sort of management change would be required?

It would hardly be "p*ss Off" on a knee jerk reaction, I never count the first relegation of the last THREE as not our fault but over the last two seasons we have declined on the pitch.

And this finances and safe footing thing does my head in... The BOARD OF DIRECTORS have done that not the manager ... at what other club would they thank the manager for 'clearing debts' ????

Ok maybe I got a little bit into the debate already .......
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 05:52:52 PM by gazwarrington »

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2008, 06:10:52 PM »

I would shout for his head if i thought he was a bad manager and not good enough,i think his main mistake was not having faith in loan players,but after this season i think that may have changed,i hope so,but then again he may have a few bob to spend.I dont like players not contracted,look at Lewis.
Now we have the team of the two Grahams i would love to see how a season together works out and if the reprive does come and the two Grahams dont get the results where will we be,oh yes going down to BSN.I dont feel like we have been relegated either yet.
But at the end of the day its up to the board and not us.I will still be an Alty fan no matter who is the manager.
Another thing i am slowly discovering Alty fans in Devon and Cornwall,saw someone at Weymouth and reckonised them at Crediton on Monday so had a 10 minute chat over the game.We might just end up with a west country supporters group. ;D
Harold

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2008, 06:13:42 PM »

What a great bunch of fans we are,all we seem to want to do is get someone fired from their job after they brought us back upto the BSP,helped get rid of all the clubs debt,so now its thank you very much now p**s off,find yourself another job as we dont want you anymore.gosh we are lucky we dont have bosses that think like our fans do.

Gary makes a VERY valid point. What do you propose exactly? We stick with the same manager until he leaves this mortal coil because he did the business for us in the past? That makes no sense whatsoever. This has alreday been discussed in great length on another thread and this is not the place for it here. I refer you to my post there. Nobody is rubbing their hands with glee over this. There are also other factors to consider besides on-pitch performances. You could look at the flip-side of this and say how many other clubs would stick with the same manager after three successive relegations and some highly embarrassing sideline antics?

Most people probably feel torn on this issue, I know I do, but times change and people move on in all walks of life.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2008, 06:16:53 PM »

According to my Crawley Town supporter mate at work, Crawley got away with 0.5p to the £
The over 25% needed to vote against Halifax worries me as that indicates the Taxman does not have the clout to wind up Halifax.
Another food for thought is that local businesses listed may not want the bad publicity of being part of winding up the local Football Club.
I have a nasty feeling Halifax are going to get away with this just like the example set in letting off Crawley from a similar situation and only relatively recently.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2008, 06:18:47 PM »

Gary makes a VERY valid point. What do you propose exactly? We stick with the same manager until he leaves this mortal coil because he did the business for us in the past? That makes no sense whatsoever. This has alreday been discussed in great length on another thread and this is not the place for it here. I refer you to my post there. Nobody is rubbing their hands with glee over this. There are also other factors to consider besides on-pitch performances. You could look at the flip-side of this and say how many other clubs would stick with the same manager after three successive relegations and some highly embarrassing sideline antics?

Most people probably feel torn on this issue, I know I do, but times change and people move on in all walks of life.

100% agree

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2008, 06:24:31 PM »

Right back on topic,I have cut and pasted this from the Halifax forum(hope this is ok Gary if not just delete it)The HMRC will usually only turn down a CVA if any of the other creditors are paid in full. The only creditors now classed as "preferential" are the football debts, because the FA insist all football creditors are paid in full. As we have no football debts, the HMRC are unlikely to contest the CVA offer so we "should" be OK. In theory anyway.
Harold
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax Debts - Full List