PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax Debts - Full List
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Halifax Debts - Full List  (Read 47877 times)

Alty365

Re: Halifax Debts - Full List
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2008, 07:20:51 PM »

What a great bunch of fans we are,all we seem to want to do is get someone fired from their job after they brought us back upto the BSP,helped get rid of all the clubs debt,so now its thank you very much now p**s off,find yourself another job as we dont want you anymore.gosh we are lucky we dont have bosses that think like our fans do.

Typical of the kind of sycophantic drivel we have come to expect from the pro-Heathcote clan. Let's all live in the past and make no effort to move the club forward.

Hamilton

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2008, 07:28:29 PM »

I'm not going to say HSmith is right - or that you are, but GH did move the club forwared from Unibond to Conference and did it on one of the lowest budgets in each league. I don't know if sticking with GH is the right thing (I'm in 2 minds when I normally have problems with one), but I think that retort was a little harsh.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2008, 07:31:30 PM »

BMW Financial Services (GB) Ltd, Europa House, Bartley Way, Hook, Hampshire, £12,125.69
Company car?

Coach Options, 768, Manchester Road, Castleton, Rochdale, £5,690
Another coach company left out of pocket.

St John Ambulance, South and West Yorkshire, Healey Road, Ossett, Wakefield, £1,316.
Always nice to shaft a charity.

I think Mr. Bosomworth the guy who's taking over is a BMW dealer so the first bit is gone.

I'm sure the coach company were over the moon at them offering free travel to Droylsden

St.Johns Ambulance get shafted all the time by football clubs in admin and as Bob say's on page 1, the way that they were done over by Bradford was a disgrace given tehir conduct on that fateful day in May 1985. An excellent piece about it in David Conn's boo 'The Bueatiful Game' for more reading.

With regards to the % of creditors. Over 50% have to agree to the CVA, if the guys taking over (Bosomworth and Ham) who hav ebeen funding the club for the past year have been putting money in as 'loans' rather than the investment it would have been they will be owed more than half the debt and get to accept the cva. So they get back 2.5p of the money they were prepared to lose anyway. Nice.

Also, are you sure Crawley only paid 0.5p in the pound, I think you mean 50p in the pound.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2008, 07:32:54 PM »

Alty 365 is probably pissed off with the idea that Alty fans are heartless. The support and understanding given throughout the past 3 years has been remarkable and wouldn't have happened at many if any other clubs. This is taken for granted sometimes and to be honest it does stick in the throat a bit.

Alty365

« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2008, 07:33:55 PM »

I'm not going to say HSmith is right - or that you are, but GH did move the club forwared from Unibond to Conference and did it on one of the lowest budgets in each league. I don't know if sticking with GH is the right thing (I'm in 2 minds when I normally have problems with one), but I think that retort was a little harsh.

Nobody is denying that GH has done great things for this club, both as a player and a manager. However, everyone has a shelf life and we can't ignore this fact just because of good things he did in the past. It doesn't mean we are forgetting the good contributions he made but it is time now to make changes. To keep him because of things he did three or more years ago would be over-sentimental and very bad for the club.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2008, 07:47:12 PM »

I have had my say you know my views,so am going to leave it there.At least the club is on sound ground,unlike Halifax,Rotherham and a few others by all accounts,jus keeping my fingers crossed now
Harold

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2008, 08:27:33 PM »

What a great bunch of fans we are,all we seem to want to do is get someone fired from their job after they brought us back upto the BSP,helped get rid of all the clubs debt,so now its thank you very much now p**s off,find yourself another job as we dont want you anymore.gosh we are lucky we dont have bosses that think like our fans do.

In terms of clearing the debt, that is primarily down to the board who made sure there was a strict budget in place.  Graham managed within that budget and fair play to him for doing that, but there is nothing to say he is the only man capable of working to a budget and it does not make him untouchable.

The fact that Graham did a fantastic job getting us to BSP does not mean he is somehow fireproof.  To suggest he is not suitable now does not mean there is no recognition for his past achievements.

I personally think that he has exhausted his potential as manager here.  Again, that is no reflection on him personally or being ungrateful for what he has done.  Football can be a harsh game, nobody is bigger than the club and that applies to every club in the country including here.

As for Halifax, I think they will pull through.  I really do...  The fact that we are the ones up for a reprieve (however random that is) is, I fear, going to work in Halifax's favour.

Also, I echo Ballers' comments about The Beautiful Game.  It is the most fascinating book about football I have ever read.  If anyone thinks "speculate to accumulate" or "live the dream" is worth a go, read that book.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 08:31:30 PM by Bob »

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2008, 08:33:10 PM »

No Alty manager achieved more success for the club than Tony Sanders......but it didn't guarantee him the job for life.

Who was more synonymous with Altrincham FC during much of the late 1970s, the 1980s and most of the 1990s than John King?
However, in March 1998, he realised that his time at Moss Lane was up and resigned honourably.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Geoff

« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2008, 10:15:14 PM »

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but shouldn't the ultimate blame for this sort of thing lie with footballing authorities - either the FA or individual leagues.  Surely they could set out some rules for financial management - e.g. debt cannot exceed a certain percentage of turnover.  Football Clubs are businesses and therefore must produce accounts.  A series of scaled sanctions/actions could be applied well before the need to deduct points/boot out of a league
I suppose authorities may be against it as it would reduce monies pumped into football - dodgy billionaires couldn't pump money through debt etc
Maybe it'd break some EU directive or something
Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 10:17:42 PM by Geoff »

baldrick

« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2008, 10:30:14 PM »

I don't think the league has the authority to tell a club how much they can borrow. The best way to stop this sort of thing is to forget about points deductions and relegate them two divisions. But while people/businesses are silly enough to keep lending them money they can't complain when they get screwed.

Hamilton

« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2008, 10:32:10 PM »

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but shouldn't the ultimate blame for this sort of thing lie with footballing authorities - either the FA or individual leagues.  Surely they could set out some rules for financial management - e.g. debt cannot exceed a certain percentage of turnover.  Football Clubs are businesses and therefore must produce accounts.  A series of scaled sanctions/actions could be applied well before the need to deduct points/boot out of a league
I suppose authorities may be against it as it would reduce monies pumped into football - dodgy billionaires couldn't pump money through debt etc
Maybe it'd break some EU directive or something
Any thoughts?

Such things have been mentioned & you are exactly right. The clubs should not get into these messes and the FA/Conference etc should not allow them to.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2008, 11:31:21 AM »

Whatever happens next season is there any chance that samples of the DNA of Val Owen, Rod Thornley and Eddie Hussiin have been sent to one of the UK's top cloning laboratories?

decman7

« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2008, 10:42:56 PM »

they ow my a £5er lol ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax Debts - Full List