PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Creditor Update
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Creditor Update  (Read 42968 times)

Dougals Dad

Re: Creditor Update
« Reply #120 on: May 05, 2008, 12:08:24 PM »

i think the whole of you are giving yourself little respect.

football should be played on the pitch not off it.
the teams that go down are the teams that come in the bottom 4. that includes yourselves which means you should go down.

i think it is horrifying that you want a club to go out of business.

you had your luck now face the facts that you deserve to go down.

You, along with all your other mates on here, are as thick as f**k. Wanting a team to be kicked out for being a farce is not the same as wanting you to go bust. Have you got that now? Do you understand? Do you need this message in audio format just to clarify the point properly?

Jesus Christ these Halifax fans are thick!

If you took the time to read/were able to understand our posts you would realise that if the creditor's do not agree to the 2.5pc then the club will go bust.  Not get relegated/kicked out.  Bust.  So by hoping the 2.5pc proposal fails you are hoping we go bust.

A few of you will come on and say sh*t like 'For the millionth time, we do not want Halifax to go bust'.

If that were the case, you wouldn't be hoping for a reprieve.  I'm afraid in this situation you can't have it both ways.

Yes, of course you will only want the best for your club.  In this instance that means a reprieve.  I understand that.  I can't deny that I wouldn't be the same in your situation.  BUT by wanting a reprieve you are wanting us to go bust.  f**king understand that and admit it.

You might not be want us to go bust in the sense that no football fan likes to see a club die.  In an ideal world, you might wish that clubs managed their finances better and there would be no need for any of this mess (and Alty would then obviously storm the league).  You might suggest that clubs which don't manage their finances properly are hindering clubs like Alty and not be happy with that.

But, for the purposes of this excercise, the only way you will get your annual reprieve is if we go bust.

So do you want your reprieve?  Then you want us to go bust. 

One very big precedent you are missing: Boston United.

They did not go bust and now, thankfully, seem to have sorted out their finances. However, last year, the Conference relegated Boston because of their financial mismanagement i.e. were not happy that their finances were appropriate for the BSP.

Thusly, we CAN hope for a reprieve for us and we CAN hope you don't go bust.

However, it is a shame to football and the football authorities that these debates can take place in the first place.

Halifax are a decent club, decent manager, players & supporters - just crap ownership.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 03:43:05 PM by Jennifers Dad »

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 05, 2008, 02:22:02 PM »

Also we lose 30,000 a week, but we have no commercial side ti0 speak of, when the take over is completed and the stadium finsihed off by the council, then i fully expect the turnover at the club to increase by more than 30,000 a month.

SDU, I'll believe the take over getting completed when I see it, until then it's 'imminent'

Likewise the stadium, the amount of deadlines that has missed is incredible.

Things aren't as bad as you think, you've been losing £30k a month, not a week!  ;) Altho, if that is the case and you have no commercial income is there not a wagecap issue. I do appreciate you've tried to off load Young, Toulson, Stamp, Belle etc though.

terraloon

« Reply #122 on: May 05, 2008, 02:25:54 PM »

I have been reading this thread with interest over the last few days and as a neutral I have to say my symapthies here are with Alty

No matter which way you look at this Halifax have been playing at either BSP or FL when they could not afford too

Now if Halifax had over spent and donations had been made to bail them out then fair dos but to offer 2.5 p in the pound is an insult  at the very least to me and all other taxpayers.It is all to easy to suggest that the downside is to put them out of business but at least it may stop further debt being incurred

Well done to Alty for balancing the books aand if you do survive due to others debts or indeed grounds not being up to it well thats certainly not your fault and something that none of you should even waste a minutes sleep over

louise1925

« Reply #123 on: May 05, 2008, 02:30:08 PM »

Thanks terraloon. This debate has been so polarised between Alty and Fax fans, it is interesting to get the views of a neutral, irrespective of which view they side with!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 05, 2008, 02:39:49 PM »

At least we know we will be playing football next year.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 05, 2008, 03:19:59 PM »

Personally I would like to see a season when everything is sorted before the AGM. Almost every season there seems to be a problem about clubs in the league. It wasn't too long ago when no-one got relegated because the teams that won the feeder leagues were denied promotion. I think it was the season that Hucknall won the Unibond. Is there going to be a season when we win the Conference by default because all the other clubs have gone broke? ???
They really should be beating teams like us

Longman

« Reply #126 on: May 05, 2008, 03:51:02 PM »

I have been reading this thread with interest over the last few days and as a neutral I have to say my symapthies here are with Alty

No matter which way you look at this Halifax have been playing at either BSP or FL when they could not afford too

Now if Halifax had over spent and donations had been made to bail them out then fair dos but to offer 2.5 p in the pound is an insult  at the very least to me and all other taxpayers.It is all to easy to suggest that the downside is to put them out of business but at least it may stop further debt being incurred

Well done to Alty for balancing the books aand if you do survive due to others debts or indeed grounds not being up to it well thats certainly not your fault and something that none of you should even waste a minutes sleep over

I guarantee we won't be losing sleep over it if we do survive!  The message is run your club properley or face the consequences.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 05, 2008, 05:28:37 PM »

Thanks terraloon. This debate has been so polarised between Alty and Fax fans, it is interesting to get the views of a neutral, irrespective of which view they side with!

I'm impartial, and I hope Altrincham stay up!  ;)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 05, 2008, 05:45:30 PM »

SDU, congratulations on a sensible post. At last a proper reply on the subject, not just crazed crap we have had before.

Whatever will be will be.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

altyf

« Reply #129 on: May 05, 2008, 06:02:07 PM »

There are unfortunately people out there who take a look at skysports news and say "oh look alty have been reprieved again, the lucky cheats"...these are of course the people with no knowledge of how well run our club is and people who don't understand that the real cheats are the teams getting kicked out. As mentioned on many occasions, if we had spent the same amount of money as other teams did we would have accumulated more points, and so I'm sick of hearing that we should just accept we're not good enough for the BSP and should take relegation on the chin.

1st season- got enough points to stay up despite being part time...unfairly deducted 18 points, Accringtons f*ck up
2nd season- finished with a terrific 51 points, i think most people had accepted we tried our best but would have to face BSN...Boston in financial mess and we were rewarded for being run properly (still can't see where we cheated?)
3rd season- Why should we turn down a reprieve or accept we're not good enough...we would be good enough if we'd spent as much as Halifax...but we want to have a club in 10 years time

It's becoming a bit of a joke now some of these comments from the Fax

aldershot1234

« Reply #130 on: May 05, 2008, 09:12:49 PM »

Im saying my final piece. Your argument is strong but the point of football is to not finish in the relegation zone to stay up. Now in truth it has become a joke about how many times you have and could be reprieved. C'mon you know it yourself your simply not good enough. You should stay up by merit and not by finances. OK Halifaxs situation is stupid and I can agree but it has not been achieved over 1 year. A lot of this money has accumulated over the past 10 years and to be honest we have not been an vastly overspending club. We havnt for years bought players through mssive transfers. We have spent more than we make but then again tell me many businesses that don't. Many football clubs do it!!!!!! Simply our results on the field have not been good enough and a sharp fall in attendances and income can show this. I hope that Halifax stay stay up because we ARE a GOOD enough team to be in this league and even a 10 point deuction couldnt relegate us. I also hope that this farce of a league relegates you to the division which you honestly should be in and in a few years you may be good enough to play in the bsp once again. As for Halifax, If the AGM relegates us fine, I can handle it. However I certainly won't be happy with you retaining your place in this league. You honestly don't deserve it

Dougals Dad

« Reply #131 on: May 05, 2008, 09:37:34 PM »

Im saying my final piece. Your argument is strong but the point of football is to not finish in the relegation zone to stay up. Now in truth it has become a joke about how many times you have and could be reprieved. C'mon you know it yourself your simply not good enough. You should stay up by merit and not by finances. OK Halifaxs situation is stupid and I can agree but it has not been achieved over 1 year. A lot of this money has accumulated over the past 10 years and to be honest we have not been an vastly overspending club. We havnt for years bought players through mssive transfers. We have spent more than we make but then again tell me many businesses that don't. Many football clubs do it!!!!!! Simply our results on the field have not been good enough and a sharp fall in attendances and income can show this. I hope that Halifax stay stay up because we ARE a GOOD enough team to be in this league and even a 10 point deuction couldnt relegate us. I also hope that this farce of a league relegates you to the division which you honestly should be in and in a few years you may be good enough to play in the bsp once again. As for Halifax, If the AGM relegates us fine, I can handle it. However I certainly won't be happy with you retaining your place in this league. You honestly don't deserve it

Its a conundrum:

In footballing terms you do, indeed, deserve to stay up & we don't
In financial terms the opposite is true.

What happens on the pitch should decide who is relegated or not, but if you spend someone else's money with no apparent intention to pay it back then action has to be taken.

It is embarrassing we keep getting these reprieves, but I am sure you would not turn them down if you were in our position.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 05, 2008, 09:53:45 PM »

Its a conundrum:

In footballing terms you do, indeed, deserve to stay up & we don't
In financial terms the opposite is true.

What happens on the pitch should decide who is relegated or not, but if you spend someone else's money with no apparent intention to pay it back then action has to be taken.

It is embarrassing we keep getting these reprieves, but I am sure you would not turn them down if you were in our position.

Exactly.  This argument will go round in circles, there is no winner from this.  If being reckless off the pitch helps you on it then there is a clear connection.  If we stay up it is because Halifax went bust.  Where is the incentive for a club to pay its way?  If we had finished 3rd bottom no doubt Farsley would be asking the same as us.  It ain't the fault of the Halifax fans.  Is it Alty's fault?  Why should our other repreives have any bearing on what happens to Halifax?  Who is denying we have been crap?  Who wants to see a club go bust?

Peake me to death for this, but maybe both of us should get relegated. Then nobody can point the bloody finger anywhere.

Hamilton

« Reply #133 on: May 05, 2008, 09:58:42 PM »

Exactly.  This argument will go round in circles, there is no winner from this.  If being reckless off the pitch helps you on it then there is a clear connection.  If we stay up it is because Halifax went bust.  Where is the incentive for a club to pay its way?  If we had finished 3rd bottom no doubt Farsley would be asking the same as us.  It ain't the fault of the Halifax fans.  Is it Alty's fault?  Why should our other repreives have any bearing on what happens to Halifax?  Who is denying we have been crap?  Who wants to see a club go bust?

Peake me to death for this, but maybe both of us should get relegated. Then nobody can point the bloody finger anywhere.

Peake? Have a Goodwin!

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 05, 2008, 11:01:43 PM »

We have spent more than we make but then again tell me many businesses that don't.
You know, most businesses actually make a profit. The ones that don't eventually go bust - except in football it seems  ::)
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Creditor Update