FSCUM
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: FSCUM  (Read 20353 times)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: FSCUM
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2008, 08:45:17 PM »

I'm still chuckling about the so called Wimbledon fan who stumbled across this thread on an Altrincham forum at 6 this morning, despite AFCW being promoted via the play offs yesterday and there being no posts for hours on their own usually seriously busy forum.

Don't get too carried away by your conspiracy theory. If you look at the FCUM forum, you will find AFCW fans are regular visitors, and pleanty of Wombles have been on congratulating FC on promotion.
There is a link to this thread on that forum.

Yes ok but having just visited the AFCW forum there has been no mention of you lot at all, so who is kidding who now? Perhaps you might like to post a link on here to the posts you refer to and also enlighten us to the name of the AFCW forum because if you don't know it we will see.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Jmfp

« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2008, 09:04:54 AM »

I am totally disallusioned with this whole discussion. I use to go and see Altrincham in the 60's, as a 13 yr old and as a season ticket holder sit in the main stand, I remember how friendly the club was - and how I was looked after. I wasn't allowed to go and see Manchester United - because my parents thought there was too much trouble - little did they know about the seventies. I moved away from Sale, and only went to odd games at Old Trafford. The Glazzer situtaution convinced me that Man U was not the club I remember. Since being a member of FC from the start, I have really enjoyed my footie - great club's to go too and great opposition supporters. It saddens me that some iddiots have soured a potential good relationship with a club I have fond memories of, I didn't go to the friendly last seson, so don't know what happened. I did recently go to Garforth town where some so called LEEDS idiots turned up - scaring old & young, so I do know how some of you must feel.

I would say to you all give FC fans another chance - I personally would like to see us ground share, giving my money to ALTY, rather than to BURY. I hope all those that say the will boycott the game against FC will change their minds - and have a great day. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE - do come.

John FC, and old ALTY fan. ;D     

basil falty

« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2008, 01:55:06 PM »

Sorry mate, if Glaser meant utd where  not the club you remembered then you should have remembered alty and helped us out with your support- FCUM are not born out of non league principles they will no doubt be a league club soon and their support are ex league fans that will contain a fair few arrogant up for it nutters-

If FCUMs fans had gone and supported their local team ie Droylesdon ,Alty, Staleybridge, Bury ,Stockport etc they would have enjoyed it better

FCUM are not the same as AFC Wimbledon- either stick with Utd or support your local team and keep them in existance

markecky

« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2008, 02:16:14 PM »

Sorry mate, if Glaser meant utd where  not the club you remembered then you should have remembered alty and helped us out with your support- FCUM are not born out of non league principles they will no doubt be a league club soon and their support are ex league fans that will contain a fair few arrogant up for it nutters-

If FCUMs fans had gone and supported their local team ie Droylesdon ,Alty, Staleybridge, Bury ,Stockport etc they would have enjoyed it better

FCUM are not the same as AFC Wimbledon- either stick with Utd or support your local team and keep them in existance

doctorsax

« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2008, 04:30:51 PM »

Yes ok but having just visited the AFCW forum there has been no mention of you lot at all, so who is kidding who now? Perhaps you might like to post a link on here to the posts you refer to and also enlighten us to the name of the AFCW forum because if you don't know it we will see.

???
I think you need to re-read what I said. I said the Dons fan aill have picked up this thread by visiting the FC forum, which svereal of them have done. Here's the link:

http://fcumforum.org.uk/mainforum/viewtopic.php?t=87373&highlight=wimbledon

I would echo some of the other posters on here, and say that what happened in the past has been dealt with, and we should move on. To tar all FC fans with the same brush due to the stupid actions of one or two individuals, is ridiculous.

doctorsax

« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2008, 04:33:50 PM »

So you'd have been happy if 2,500 fans of us had turned up at Alty, and said we wanted to run the club our way? That was the whole point of FC - peoploe who opposed Glazer and the other ills of top-level football A) wanted to stay together and B) wanted "our club, our rules", as the slogan of the time said.

Can't see why you have a problem with that, given the REAL problems which are wrecking football.

basil falty

« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2008, 07:58:40 PM »

I know where your coming from with the fan run club and being ripped off following man utd, but the problems are-

your 2500 could be spread across local clubs supporting  clubs with avg 100 years of history and real connection with the local towns keeping them going

The FCUM connection to Utd is very thin- you can have the colours etc but man utd have the history- you are  a brand new team and the players etc are in the main playing for the money- I except some may be Utd fans- but the idea will be diluted as you progrees up the leagues buying new players to compete and more than likely being the big spenders

But the main thing is each promotion denies teams with long historys the chance of promotions and potential progression up the leagues

basically I'd like a proud club like alty to get any locals that are fed up with premier league footy to come along- if we could avg 1500 wed be over the moon

timperley

« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2008, 08:26:45 PM »

I know where your coming from with the fan run club and being ripped off following man utd, but the problems are-

your 2500 could be spread across local clubs supporting  clubs with avg 100 years of history and real connection with the local towns keeping them going

The FCUM connection to Utd is very thin- you can have the colours etc but man utd have the history- you are  a brand new team and the players etc are in the main playing for the money- I except some may be Utd fans- but the idea will be diluted as you progrees up the leagues buying new players to compete and more than likely being the big spenders

But the main thing is each promotion denies teams with long historys the chance of promotions and potential progression up the leagues

basically I'd like a proud club like alty to get any locals that are fed up with premier league footy to come along- if we could avg 1500 wed be over the moon

Two things:

1) you have some fair points and i agree with some things you say but also disagree

2) Love your user name ;D 8) ;)

doctorsax

« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2008, 09:15:15 PM »

Basil
You have completely ignored the two points I made, being that
A. We wanted to stay together, not spread out and support various teams with whom we had no previous connection or affection.
B. We wanted "our club, our rules" - as I said, would you have been happy at a load of Utd fans turning up at Moss Lane amd demanding Alty did things their way? I thought not, and I don't blame you.

As for United's history, we see it as our history, as well as that of MUFC. We are Utd fans after all.

Pickle

« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2008, 11:25:39 AM »

Christ, are you David Icke? They've been on our forum you plantpot. Put it this way - i've never heard anyone else mention any hint of trouble when we've played down at Kingsmeadow. Who knows, maybe you're nothing but a plant who has come on here to spread scurrilous rumours about FC United? Good this conspiracy theory lark, innit?

These clubs with 'long histories' have had a long long time before FC United of Manchester came along to progress up the leagues. Are you suggesting that new clubs shouldn't be allowed to enter non-league football? We have as much right as any other club in the non-league to be where we are

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2008, 11:32:07 AM »

Except you still haven't got your own ground.

Pickle

« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2008, 11:34:18 AM »

Except you still haven't got your own ground.

And? We shell out more cash to Bury FC per game to use their place than if we had our own ground, so whats your point?

I'm looking forward to playing our cup games at your ground next season anyway

DarrenH

« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2008, 11:52:05 AM »

Are we being possibly a little short sighted. This is linked into a lot of the other current threads.
Yes there was an incident at the last friendly. Yes FCUM acted after the incident. End of matter.
As a club we need to attract more revenue, to fund a bigger playing budget, to climb up the league etc etc. To not play FCUM who will no doubt bring a good number of supporters with thim does not make business sense.
Surely we should be welcoming them with open arms. If they wanted to play at ML on a regular basis why not. Take their money and use it wisely instead of moaning on about having no money to fund the playing staff etc etc.
No doubt many of you will disagree !!

Jezza

« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2008, 01:11:47 PM »

Can't see why you have a problem with that, given the REAL problems which are wrecking football.

I can't see why you can't see you are creating a whole new mini Utd with the all same problems you left for.....you'll all have to sit down, pay a premium home and away to watch your side and kick off times will be changed to accomodate policing and TV.

Then you'll find you struggle to compete at BSP level and decide to go public...................

On your rise to the conference you don't care how many clubs are trampled or lose out in your wake.

Can't you watch a club without dictating everything??? and what do you dictate?.... if a few fans don't like a FCUM manager or player you have no say.....give it a poor season and watch the infighting.

And your arrogance of aren't we doing everyone a favour is breathtaking and misguided.

I'd rather get money from city reserves frankly....I don't think I'm alone.

doctorsax

« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2008, 01:38:44 PM »

I can't see why you can't see you are creating a whole new mini Utd with the all same problems you left for.....you'll all have to sit down, pay a premium home and away to watch your side and kick off times will be changed to accomodate policing and TV.

Then you'll find you struggle to compete at BSP level and decide to go public...................

On your rise to the conference you don't care how many clubs are trampled or lose out in your wake.

Can't you watch a club without dictating everything??? and what do you dictate?.... if a few fans don't like a FCUM manager or player you have no say.....give it a poor season and watch the infighting.

And your arrogance of aren't we doing everyone a favour is breathtaking and misguided.

I'd rather get money from city reserves frankly....I don't think I'm alone.

Don't really know where to begin with this one, other than to say that it's getting tiresome having to counter the same old, badly-thought-out arguments.

The whole point of FCUM is that WE, the supporters/owners, have the say. Of course there will be infighting, there already has been to some extent, but we are adult enough to thrash it out and then vote on it, and then mature enough to mjove on if things don't go your way.
If that means we take decisions which mean we struggle at BSP level, so be it. We have loved it at NWCL and Unibond levels, and there arte plenty more than happy to remain here. The obsession with "rising up the leagues" tends to be among non-FC fans.
Who are these clubs we are "trampling" on exactly? I don't see it that we are doing everyone a favour at all, but most clubs we have come up against see us as a godsend simply in terms of revenue. If they get something out of it as well as us, that's great. I don't see where arrogance comes into that.
"Can't you watch a club without dictating everything"  WTF are you on about? What are we dictating? The future of the club we own?
I'll stop here because you seemed to be getting delirious.

It's nice to see quite a few Alty fans on here happy to draw a line under the incident of a couple of years ago, as well as the blinkered hatemongers.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FSCUM