PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's Board Meeting
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Today's Board Meeting  (Read 20694 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Today's Board Meeting
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2008, 09:07:08 PM »

This decision is a joke. The clique don't give a toss what the supporters think and are only interested in making sure their mate keeps the safest job in football. I won't be coming to any more games (home or away) or assisting with any more fundraising while Heathcote is in charge. Today's announcement is a two fingered salute to everyone outside the clique and I have had enough of it.

When the board can continue to back a man who has behaved as disgustingly as Heathcote did regularly last season and also back him when he has led us to two successive relegations, still referring to him as a "great manager" and licking his arse at every opportunity then it is beyond a joke. I hope the clique enjoy their club because I want nothing to do with it while they are there.

You can keep it.

How do you propose to support the players/team?

In any way that doesn't endorse and/or finance "Heathcote F.C.".  I want nothing futher to do with the club while that idiot is in charge.

As much as I can very much sympathise with what you say (& why you say it) it would be a shame not to go to support the team. Reduced crowds will not change anything except disappoint & dishearten the players.

But, let's be honest, just what will change things at Moss Lane?

Three consecutive finishes in the relegation zone?
No.

Relentless (and unsuccessful) negative tactics and a prehistoric 'style' of football?
No.

A manager who continually embarrasses the club with his lack of discipline?
No.

A manager who verbally abuses his own supporters and never apologises for his behaviour?
No.   

Jennifer's Dad - just count yourself fortunate that you are exiled in Scotland and didn't have to watch Alty last season, otherwise I suspect that you would feel just as disillusioned as some people on this Forum!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2008, 09:20:20 PM »

At the end of the day we all go for one thing Altrincham fc.

Some of you may be feeling like this http://www.freewebarcade.com/game/damn-birds/
@AltyDaz

AltySi

« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2008, 09:22:23 PM »

It's starting to look like the board and management have lost the majority of the supports backing.

Whilst I will continue to follow and support the team, and I will be renewing my season ticket, I will not be buying golden goals, programmes, putting money in the buckets or attending fundraising events.

Hamilton

« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2008, 09:56:52 PM »

This decision is a joke. The clique don't give a toss what the supporters think and are only interested in making sure their mate keeps the safest job in football. I won't be coming to any more games (home or away) or assisting with any more fundraising while Heathcote is in charge. Today's announcement is a two fingered salute to everyone outside the clique and I have had enough of it.

When the board can continue to back a man who has behaved as disgustingly as Heathcote did regularly last season and also back him when he has led us to two successive relegations, still referring to him as a "great manager" and licking his arse at every opportunity then it is beyond a joke. I hope the clique enjoy their club because I want nothing to do with it while they are there.

You can keep it.

In any way that doesn't endorse and/or finance "Heathcote F.C.".  I want nothing futher to do with the club while that idiot is in charge.

As much as I can very much sympathise with what you say (& why you say it) it would be a shame not to go to support the team. Reduced crowds will not change anything except disappoint & dishearten the players.

No.

Relentless (and unsuccessful) negative tactics and a prehistoric 'style' of football?
No.

No.

A manager who verbally abuses his own supporters and never apologises for his behaviour?
No.   

Jennifer's Dad - just count yourself fortunate that you are exiled in Scotland and didn't have to watch Alty last season, otherwise I suspect that you would feel just as disillusioned as some people on this Forum!

I can see JD's point. Would it not be easier to show your disapproval if you are there.

Will all those not renewing their season tickets be going to the Fan's Forum?

Jezza

« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2008, 03:55:56 AM »

I just hope this season we can be a bit more positive.

Which is basically an attitude I'd like to see in a culture change of the club. we've had so many reminders of look where we were when we came in from the board.....yet weren't we told "The past does not equal the future?"

When Alty were great and they were in the changing room at Birmingham I'll bet Kingy didn't turn round to Ronnie Ellis and say "look, they're full time, top flight, no way we can compete at this level, best we can hope for is a draw....try and contain them"...I bet he said Go and have af*****g go and scare the lives out of them!!!!!!

The last two seasons in the last game we were a goal away from survival......those goals could have been scored ealier in the season.

The 'cote is certainly experienced at our level .........now is the time for him to put the last 3 years experience to good use!!!

I remember and keep going back to the vauxhall motors game where he played pottsy alone up front and I said at that time the 'cote could be a great manager if just put more confidence and belief into his team selection...for the rest of that season he said "this league is about scoring goals" and that philosophy led to an attractive season where we did overachieve and got success....it is the philosophy and belief that drives a club's fortunes on the pitch I reckon.

I do sympathise with those who are angry and respect their feelings.....I wonder if the club do and how they going to overcome this?

Perhaps the cote is gonna stubbornly go out there and give us a season to remember? let's bloody hope so!

Narcissist

« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2008, 08:03:56 AM »

We've all said at some point that the buck stops here and its no more Alty. If you succeed you're probably the strongest man ever.

Ive never felt like this. And I hope I never will. Im grateful at being exiled in many ways because I fear i would be at breaking point by now.

Alty365, this is a bit harsh. Im sure you will go back on those words come next season, at least I hope you do. A club needs its fans most following relegation. Sometimes you have to look over the board and over the management and players and remember that what you actually care about is the essence of having a club and following it through thick and thin.

Ive said this many times but for me I can still feel good when I think that our only problems now are on the pitch. After 10 years of uncertainty its a welcome change to not worry about losing the club completely.Definitely not a time to walk away, even if temporarily.

The fans were here long before GH was even a player and they will be there long after he and the board have gone. The board can have their time now, they kept the club going for us after all, but there will be a time when that is forgotten and they have to listen to the fans again.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2008, 08:50:23 AM »

I honestly don't think GH can do this. It would mean having to change a mindset created after 3 years of struggling and 'firefighting'. 3 years later we're still told that 'we can't compete' against Oxford/Torquay etc, yet we've seen that these teams are not infallible and in fact weren't Oxford beaten by Northwich, Weymouth and Droylsden? GH is passing his negativity onto his players and onto us.

We've never played attractive football under GH and never will. He isn't skillful enough as a manager or a coach. Maybe Graham Barrow was brought into help with this, but that's another matter altogether.

DarrenH

« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2008, 09:02:06 AM »

One of the main issues for me is the constant "what a good job we have done" statements and "we are part time and can't compete" philosophy.
No one is denying that the board have done a great job in putting the club on an even keel but lets give up already with this back slapping and self congratulating and make football and not business decisions.
There has to be a realisation that the fans do care, thats why there is so much frustration.

footiefan

« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2008, 09:12:31 AM »

I honestly don't think GH can do this. It would mean having to change a mindset created after 3 years of struggling and 'firefighting'. 3 years later we're still told that 'we can't compete' against Oxford/Torquay etc, yet we've seen that these teams are not infallible and in fact weren't Oxford beaten by Northwich, Weymouth and Droylsden? GH is passing his negativity onto his players and onto us.

We've never played attractive football under GH and never will. He isn't skillful enough as a manager or a coach. Maybe Graham Barrow was brought into help with this, but that's another matter altogether.

Cant agree with that comment. When we won the play offs we played some great stuff

VofD

« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2008, 09:40:53 AM »

You can keep it.

No.

No.

No.

No.   

I can see JD's point. Would it not be easier to show your disapproval if you are there.

Will all those not renewing their season tickets be going to the Fan's Forum?
Paying to be there and voicing disapproval = being given a tirade of abuse from the manager and being threatened. >:( >:( >:(

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2008, 10:10:59 AM »

You can keep it.

If that's how you feel, I think you should change your sign-on name. Don't you?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2008, 10:27:27 AM »

Circumstances dictate that I cannot get to games anything like as often as I wish these days but as a supporter of 30 years plus (ex-season ticket holder) and someone who follows the fortunes of the club closely I thought I'd give my two penn'orth. Whatever his failings, GH is Alty through and through and I believe should have a role at the club - it is whether that is as manager that can be justifiably debated. I have witnessed both sides of his devotion to Alty - when he was a player a fan on the terraces gave him a bit of stick and as he held off 2 opposing defenders by the corner flag he argued (somewhat abusively) about how he and his teammates had won 2 leagues titles for fans like him and they should get behind the club. On another occasion, during his time in charge with John King, I called into the ground during the summer to renew my season ticket and on my way out as I let on to him he insisted I be shown around the ground to see all the new improvements that were being made at the time - his pride in being part of Altrincham FC was (and still is) undeniable. Given the team's playing record over the past 3 seasons, the time probably is right to let someone else have a go at managing the playing side of things but we should not underestimate what GH has given to Alty for most of his adult life. Those who work at the club day in day out know the value of of people like GH which is why full support will always come from there. We should be careful not to hound out someone who, after all, is an intrisic part of OUR club.

Paul.

louise1925

« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2008, 10:39:09 AM »

I sympathise with the comments made by Alty365 and can understand where he is coming from. The reason he is considering not renewing his season ticket is because he cares about the club deeply, so in that sense I feel you are being a tad unfair Saughall Robin. I am considering taking the same course of action, but not because GH has been retained as manager, or because of the undoubted clique which exists at the club - I can live with those things. A cumulation of factors have resulted in my general disillusionment ranging from the lack of ambition to compete on the field of play, the apparent fear of change which exists at the club and the despicable decision to play FCUM (the most obvious example of the way the Board have shown two fingers to it's 'workers'). In short, I'm fed up. Perhaps that makes me a part time fan, though I've supported Alty for 20 years, home and often away, through good times and bad? No, like Alty365 I care too, but there is only so much we as fans should be willing to take.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2008, 10:57:23 AM »

I think the board and GH take the fans' support for granted. I can't see the fans of any other club being as understanding as we are. If you have a look on the Torquay board, fans are calling for the manager's head because of their failure in the playoffs. We on the other hand, are retaining a manager who has managed to get us relegated 3 seasons on the trot.

As Brian says, there is only so much we can take. I fear that next season, if results start going the same way as in previous years, the fans will start to turn against GH on the terraces - something which he hasn't been subjected to (bar the odd person in the stands). Our patience can only be stretched so far.

Alty365

« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2008, 11:16:51 AM »

I should point out that although I go to as many games as I can and have been a regular season ticket holder in the past, I have not had one for the last couple of seasons due to not being able to get to 90% of home games. However, three members of my family will not be renewing their tickets (one of whom has watched Alty for more than 40 years) and I will have to think very hard during the summer about whether I will pay to attend games. The way I feel right now I will not, but in fairness to Narcissist's post above he is probably 100% right that I will feel differently by July/August. It doesn't mean I like what's going on one bit but what else am I going to do with my Saturdays?

As for the post about changing my sign on, this is irrelevant because my love of Alty will always remain exactly the same. My issue is with "Heathcote F.C." not the Alty F.C. that I know and love.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's Board Meeting