PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's Board Meeting
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Today's Board Meeting  (Read 20712 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Today's Board Meeting
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2008, 01:36:51 PM »

Perhap my attempt at flippancy was misplaced, Brian and Alty 365.

It's the only thing left at the moment.
The club WILL go down and so wil gates and income.
I don't know what the answer is, but I don't think it's getting rid of GH.
Seeing so few victories over the last few years and having so little to cheer about except minor triumphs over Droylsden and Vics has been a very better pill but we've not got to start chucking the baby out with the bathwater.

Personally, I don't think the club should have made the decision over whether GH continued as manager until we knew for definite which league we will be in next year. If we get a reprieve, then probably there would have to be some severe changes in the outlook of the management if we are to move forward. I, like many others on here could never see that happening.

A prime example of the lack of will to be competing in the BSP is the lack of a reserve team. If we can't afford to buy players, where else are they to come from other than if they're other team's cast-offs who are prepared to play for less at Alty.

It seems to me that the management would welcome a move to the BSN as that is in their comfort zone and THAT is the bitterest pill of all to swallow for someone who has dreamed of seeing us compete in the league forthe last 43 years.

I've hated saying all this as I think this acrimony and back-biting blame game is of no use whatsoever but it's all just blurted out.

Having said all that though, I don't think I could ever say that I'd never go again under any circumstances (apart from my ability to afford it). I don't really think you meant it either, 365, or at least you won't do when you've had a bit more time to digest things.

Have a goodwin by way of apology!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

louise1925

« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2008, 01:41:46 PM »

Good post Saughall Robin. There are so many things going on at the moment that I'm in danger of going to the nut house! Getting relegated. Possible reprieve? GH. Being swallowed up by FCUM. My God, why can't life just be dull. This is worse than a death sentence! Think I'll just take up rugby or something!

Alty365

« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2008, 01:47:14 PM »

Fair play Saughall you make some good points there. I have no axe to grind with any supporters, we're all perfectly entitled to disagree. I'm just feeling very disillusioned at the moment and the FCUM farce isn't helping one iota.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2008, 04:57:39 PM »

If the bathwater is stagnating and a putrid smell of failure is starting to fill the room as the baby struggles to come up with anything new, then I think YES, throw the baby out with the bathwater. It IS part of the problem. Nowhere else in business or any other walk of life would failure be so soundly endorsed....and that is what it is, FAILURE.

I've made all of the points before, about how we all appreciate how difficult it is on a shoestring  budget, being part-time, how much GH has done for the club in the past, how much he loves the club, etc, etc, but sometimes that just is not enough. They are all excuses, sure there is some validity in there, but they are still excuses. I am not going to say any more on this as I find it all rather disturbing and all we end up doing on here is going around in circles. I hope as many of you as possible can get to the fans forum and voice your concerns (I wish I could).

My main worry, as I've stated elsewhere is that the fans will turn and it will all get VERY nasty if things do not look good on the pitch in the first few weeks of next season. This is a massive gamble by the board and I hope for their sakes it works out, but I fear this is only prolonging the inevitable (I do SINCERELY hope I'm wrong).

There is nothing worse than seeing a man who was one time a hero being lambasted from every quarter and fans calling for his head from the terraces. It happens. I never thought I'd see Irish fans calling for a managers head and being really vindictive, but it happened to Stan Staunton and it is VERY sad to see.

It's going to be a LONG summer.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's Board Meeting