Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wanted players for the new season - opinions and wishes?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Wanted players for the new season - opinions and wishes?  (Read 13495 times)

louise1925

Re: Wanted players for the new season - opinions and wishes?
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2008, 05:35:00 PM »

The trouble is...most teams are prepared to do just that.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2008, 05:37:19 PM »

Just lost out on an 'achievable' target in Southport left back Paul Barrett. He has signed for...guess who? Northwich!

Not sure if we were after him but fair play to Maamria, we spent most of last season scrathing around for a left back. In the past week he's given a 2 year contract to his current left back Ryan Brown, signed Richie Sutton (Stafford's left back) and now if Brian is correct this left back from Southport.

Come on Dino, play fair, share the wealth.  :)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2008, 05:39:36 PM »

northwich can sign only so may players, its sad if we cant compete with bsn clubs financially for players despite money for craney , chequers etc

radcliffe alty

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2008, 06:55:17 PM »

This MUST be the season where speculation for accumulation is required on the playing side. Nothing daft, but if it doesn't happen we'll almost certainly be on here this time year wondering if we'll get a 4th reprieve. After 3 seasons, it's got to be clear to the board that the playing side needs an injection of improvement.

Will be interesting to see what happens....

samba

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2008, 07:22:41 PM »

My honest belief is this season is make or break.  We have the prep time and can really go for it, and finish out of the zone. If we don't I wouldn't be surprised if we don't make it to 4th bottom.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2008, 07:35:42 PM »

This MUST be the season where speculation for accumulation is required on the playing side. Nothing daft, but if it doesn't happen we'll almost certainly be on here this time year wondering if we'll get a 4th reprieve. After 3 seasons, it's got to be clear to the board that the playing side needs an injection of improvement.

Will be interesting to see what happens....

totally correct and we need to see it to show there is some ambition, hopefully a statement will come once the situation is confirmed.

Vics Chick

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2008, 07:51:55 PM »

Just lost out on an 'achievable' target in Southport left back Paul Barrett. He has signed for...guess who? Northwich!

Not sure if we were after him but fair play to Maamria, we spent most of last season scrathing around for a left back. In the past week he's given a 2 year contract to his current left back Ryan Brown, signed Richie Sutton (Stafford's left back) and now if Brian is correct this left back from Southport.

Come on Dino, play fair, share the wealth.  :)

Ryan Brown's a wing back and Richie Sutton is a right back. Other than that your post is quite correct!  :)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2008, 11:42:12 PM »

Browns a full back then.  ;)

Is Sutton the lad who played at right back against us and also moved into the centre of defence, he was moderate but better than hte lad who was at left back for Stafford. He was gash.

SammyH8

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2008, 11:56:31 PM »

Longman did you play with a guy called Johnny Howson at this 6 a side thing with the mysterious left back! Paul Barratt i guess? I can reveal all because he has accepted vics as posted in another thread.

Longman

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2008, 02:08:37 PM »

Longman did you play with a guy called Johnny Howson at this 6 a side thing with the mysterious left back! Paul Barratt i guess? I can reveal all because he has accepted vics as posted in another thread.

No mate did'nt play with Johny Howson.  Yes I do play with Bazza (Paul Barratt) now and then, he plays for our six a side team occasionally.  I also play with Lee Mannion, who you may recall was at Alty, he's coaching the kids at Crewe now.

I'm going to give Bazza some serious stick about signing for the green slime.  :P

louise1925

« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2008, 07:24:51 PM »

Another realistic transfer target, Southport's midfielder Liam Blakeman has just signed for Telford because he wanted to stay part time! Shame that, I'd have loved to have seen him at Alty.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2008, 09:19:58 PM »

Another realistic transfer target, Southport's midfielder Liam Blakeman has just signed for Telford because he wanted to stay part time! Shame that, I'd have loved to have seen him at Alty.

On another Forum, a Southport supporter claims that Blakeman will be on a part-time wage of £600 per week at Telford.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Alty365

« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2008, 09:22:05 PM »

On another Forum, a Southport supporter claims that Blakeman will be on a part-time wage of £600 per week at Telford.

Good to see lessons being learned there then!

Foz

« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2008, 09:40:43 PM »

Indeed, It just shows the difficulties that the club face at the moment in recruiting new players.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2008, 10:27:14 PM »

Indeed, It just shows the difficulties that the club face at the moment in recruiting new players.

£600 ? That's Colin Little's left leg... ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wanted players for the new season - opinions and wishes?