PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Maybe....maybe...just maybe..would you?
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Maybe....maybe...just maybe..would you?  (Read 8423 times)

alty snapper

Re: Maybe....maybe...just maybe..would you?
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2008, 08:30:55 AM »

Happy to help with any input with the photography.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2008, 09:52:59 AM »

Say someone did it, say someone spoke to the STAR board and then agreed to mothball it..say someone  started a pure and simple  supporters association.

One aim..to raise money for your club.  No politics..no shares....just fundraising.

It would go two ways.....

If it fell on the same five people to do everything it would fail

If twenty people did a little bit who knows....

We'd need new people, old faces..everyone.  Could it work?

This was raised exactly two years ago. STAR would cease it's fundraising role and just maintain (and hopefully protect) it's shareholding. and a new supporters association would be set up for the purpose of fundraising. I seem to recall the board were all for it at the time. What happened?

Stockportalty

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2008, 01:39:25 PM »

I was talking with the membership secretary of STAR in bed last night (I am married to him!!!!), and all this talk of mothballing STAR was discussed about at the AGM I understand, and that this could possibly take place fairly soon. Maybe before you get all these fantastic ideas going, a proper decision needs to be made, with the STAR board, so that people who are STAR members know where they stand, and don't think they are going to contributing to two different organisations, and so that we can all be working together for the club.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2008, 02:10:43 PM »

ps i'll go topless

i will pledge money for that not to happen

Ashley Alty

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2008, 02:43:54 PM »

Say someone did it, say someone spoke to the STAR board and then agreed to mothball it..say someone  started a pure and simple  supporters association.

One aim..to raise money for your club.  No politics..no shares....just fundraising.

It would go two ways.....

If it fell on the same five people to do everything it would fail

If twenty people did a little bit who knows....

We'd need new people, old faces..everyone.  Could it work?

This was raised exactly two years ago. STAR would cease it's fundraising role and just maintain (and hopefully protect) it's shareholding. and a new supporters association would be set up for the purpose of fundraising. I seem to recall the board were all for it at the time. What happened?

A STAR SGM was held with this as a motion, there was a long debate and the motion was defeated.  The Club Board spoke against it also.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2008, 09:22:28 PM »

Tricky to help out with young family and livin gin Bath but this looks like a really good idea.  How about asking the board what they would like us to raise money for - they stay in control of things and what ever we do would fit in their plans but we have a specific target to aim for.  Once we've achieved a particular challenge we go back to the board and ask for the next one.

We've heard a lot about new toilets/floodlights etc. This supporters trust could be used to pay for things in the ground like this, an extended bar etc, therefore leaving the board to concentrate constant income from gates etc to use on the playing squad. Therefore killing 2 birds with one stone so to speak.

Or a few pigeons
@AltyDaz
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Maybe....maybe...just maybe..would you?