News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Creepy Crawley Signing

Author Topic: Creepy Crawley Signing  (Read 6838 times)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Creepy Crawley Signing
« on: November 15, 2006, 09:05:12 AM »

Crawley have signed striker Ryan Peters on one month's loan from League One side Brentford

Oh what it would be like to be owing money left , right and centre and being able to loan players from League One clubs, although this player did have a months loan at Gravesend in December 2005 making 1 sub appearance

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Creepy Crawley Signing
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 09:18:50 AM »

no cash lone deal meaning no wages are to be payed and no fee happens when a reserve is needin som match fitness oh hell look @ what we have done a couple of times this year i.e pottsy

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 09:21:04 AM »

Thats fair enough then. I forget there are nice clubs who allow players to go for free (liek ourselves :o) )

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 11:31:41 AM »

Is it just me or do other people think that the longer this saga goes on - and is allowed to - the greater the discrepancy between the treatment of Crawley and that of Scarborough?

I can't help thinking that if the geographical situations of the two clubs had been reversed, their treatment might have been too.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

notso - ctfc

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 09:13:13 AM »

You can't yet compare Crawley with Scarborough. Boro' were in administration for 2 years or more whilst Crawley have 'only' been there for a few months.

You are right however that the situation is crap. The sooner the Majeeds get out and give the club (there'e not much left to sell now!) to a decent new owner who has a passion for football, the better.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 09:52:12 AM »

You can't yet compare Crawley with Scarborough.

I think a lot of people do compare it though.

However, from my own point of view, I would never wish another club into oblivion and so I sincerely hope you can sort things out, get rid of those who are spoiling your club, and get back to supporting it at home as well as away.

For whatever reason, Moules et al seem not to be putting any unsurmountable obstacles in your way so 1 fairy godfather = survival I think.
Will you find one?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Jim Baker

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2006, 12:44:51 AM »

We have a goalkeeper (Hamer), two midfielders (Bulman & Bostwick) and now two forwards ( Rendall & Peters) on loan. All of whom I expect to start on Saturday. Our subs bench will consist of 16/17 year olds from a local school team. Each and every player has had his contract broken and are therefore is available for nothing. It will be interesting to see how many players we can have on loan before it forces a rule change.

If we make it until the end of the season I'll be gobsmacked. I'm just hoping we can get out of the relegation places before we go tits up so everybody knows the blame lies at the feet of the two pillocks who profess a love for our club.

I can't make the game Saturday but after that game I wish Alty good luck. I have had a soft spot for your club ever since I watched you beat Telford 1-0 in the Trophy final one or two years ago.

Jim Baker

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2006, 11:44:03 AM »

I have had a soft spot for your club ever since I watched you beat Telford 1-0 in the Trophy final one or two years ago.

Must have been 2 other teams! Our only 1-0 win in the Tropy final was against Runcorn; Telford have never been beaten 1-0 in the final ...

But thanks anyway (after today!)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Creepy Crawley Signing