News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Torquay

Author Topic: Torquay  (Read 4010 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Torquay
« on: May 10, 2008, 06:13:38 PM »

Well, you could say it has all gone wrong for them !
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Torquay
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 06:22:52 PM »

Well, I've no affinity for Ebbsfleet/Gravesend & Northfleet....but I have to say that I was willing them to defeat Torquay this afternoon, principally based on the nonsense regarding that postponed match in Devon last December.

Torquay were just so one dimensional in their play.

Will the likes of Sills, Hargreaves etc hang around if the rumoured financial pruning at Torquay ensues?

Colin Lee must really be looking forward to the prospect of coming back to Moss Lane next season!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

markecky

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 06:24:48 PM »

He might get tw**ted.

Oh no. that was last season.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 06:48:27 PM »

He might be looking for a new job!!!
Won 'F' all.
The lad done well :D

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 10:15:28 PM »

there have been a lot of rumours of financial problems at torquay, the usual promotion or bust . you would think people would learn.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 10:18:52 PM »

Typical big charlie attitude if you ask me, its about time they learn !! I think Mansfield and Wrexham could be different, im sure we'll find out.

Ever since I listened to the commentary from Plainmoor in the league game I thought 'O dear' then there was the postponement of the game in the first place when the pitch looked like a bowling green !

forevertufc

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 12:39:07 PM »

arghhh thanks guys nice to see your happy for us  ;D we have been called big time chalie's with loads of money all season and a week after screwing up promotion we are going bust hmmm confused ,as for money problems no doubt torquay will cut costs for next  season,but as the chairman has pointed out ,we had an fa cup match screened by the bbc +plus the run to the trophy final that has already netted £64,000 with gate and sky tv money still to come and our ave attendance 1000 over what was predicted torquays income for this was massively over what was budgeted for,so whilst i agree we can not spend money again like this season dont get your hope,s up for us going bust just yet ,oh pleased to see you have managed to avoid relegation for the third season in a row thanks to another clubs downfall must be well proud who will save next seaon i wonder :o

Jenga

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 12:47:29 PM »

As has been said before - It is NOT our fault other clubs go bust, it just so happens that we have been the fortunate ones to prosper from it, we cant be blamed for that or the miss management of other football clubs.

Longman

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 01:09:58 PM »

arghhh thanks guys nice to see your happy for us  ;D we have been called big time chalie's with loads of money all season and a week after screwing up promotion we are going bust hmmm confused ,as for money problems no doubt torquay will cut costs for next  season,but as the chairman has pointed out ,we had an fa cup match screened by the bbc +plus the run to the trophy final that has already netted £64,000 with gate and sky tv money still to come and our ave attendance 1000 over what was predicted torquays income for this was massively over what was budgeted for,so whilst i agree we can not spend money again like this season dont get your hope,s up for us going bust just yet ,oh pleased to see you have managed to avoid relegation for the third season in a row thanks to another clubs downfall must be well proud who will save next seaon i wonder :o

Who knows?  Maybe it could be yourselves!? 

Is Colin Lee going to throw his toys out of his pram cos the mighty gulls could only manage a point against the minnows of Alty?

forevertufc

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 01:16:48 PM »

As has been said before - It is NOT our fault other clubs go bust, it just so happens that we have been the fortunate ones to prosper from it, we cant be blamed for that or the miss management of other football clubs.
totaly agree its not your fault,iam just amazed  and irrtated at the attitude  towards torquay from some at altrincham,i and most gulls fans have respect for all clubs including yours ,we have been thanked all season home and away for being one of the first ex-league clubs not to dissrespect this league,we have an average home gate of around 3000 of course their will the odd 1or2 that will
call the bsp tin pot and have a go at clubs ,it does not stand for the majority of fans or the club itself who dont,the issue that some people at alty have with torquay to be honest is self made some people clearly looked for a big time arrogant attitude at torqauy that is not their and never has been,and then turned into a problem between us ,as ive said we have got along fine with every club except yours so with a bit of luck when we meet next season we can can get along with guys aswell ,best of luck enjoy the summer oh happy days

forevertufc

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 01:44:00 PM »

Is Colin Lee going to throw his toys out of his pram cos the mighty gulls could only manage a point against the minnows of Alty?

morelikley cambridge if they fail to go up its them and not us who are shipping money at a great rate,as for c.lee he is a decent bloke in truth,and the proof of what iam saying is that we lost to farsley,no problems with them either club or fans,strange that and their smaller than your club,like i say this problem alty have with torquay is self made

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 01:55:57 PM »

morelikley cambridge if they fail to go up its them and not us who are shipping money at a great rate,as for c.lee he is a decent bloke in truth,and the proof of what iam saying is that we lost to farsley,no problems with them either club or fans,strange that and their smaller than your club,like i say this problem alty have with torquay is self made
It seems to me that Torquay treated Leeds Celtic with more respect than they did with Alty. It's a shame only 2,300 people from Torquay could be persuaded to watch the mighty Alty! Also I'm sure Miss Chamberlain is not another glory hunting celebrity supporter who only turns out for the big games, unlike Frank Sidebottom and Angus Loghran. Finally with Torquay cutting their cloth does mean they will be getting their own stewards and paying for stewards from Plymouth?
They really should be beating teams like us

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 02:07:28 PM »

To be fair it's not just Alty fans who were laughing their tits off all week about Torquay blowing it.

;D

Longman

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 03:07:00 PM »

To be fair it's not just Alty fans who were laughing their tits off all week about Torquay blowing it.

;D

By the way, nice pic, New Order - legends.

altyf

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2008, 05:29:21 PM »

A lot of us are still p*ssed off about the way you called off our match at Plainmoor when there was no water at all on the grass and it looked like a cricket pitch
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Torquay