News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ****SUPPORTERS ASSOCIATION UPDATE****

Author Topic: ****SUPPORTERS ASSOCIATION UPDATE****  (Read 3517 times)

ALTY SUPPORTERS

« on: May 12, 2008, 10:32:54 AM »

Thank you to all the people who have been in touch so far to show your interest in the possible setting up of a new fundraising supporters association. Please keep your emails/pm's coming in as we really want to get as many people involved as possible in order to maximise the success of any future fundraising efforts. In particular we would be interested to hear from any people previously involved with SAFE/STAR who would be able to share their experience and knowledge, both of which would be invaluable.

Please send your name and if possible a contact telephone number to the following email address:

altysupporters@gmail.com

If at all possible, please try to indicate how you would be able assist and in what sort of capacity, eg. "I have a lot of free time and would like to join the committee" or "I am very busy at work and would help occasionally when time will allow". It's just to get a better of picture of where we're at before moving things to the next stage.

We look forward to hearing from you.

ALTY SUPPORTERS

Re: ****SUPPORTERS ASSOCIATION UPDATE****
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 10:32:00 PM »

BUMP

seasonticket

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 09:23:06 AM »

How does this Supporters Association fit in with the STAR organization, is it going to be a seperate set up?
We do not want warring factions in the camp. That only causes more problems.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 10:07:07 AM »

Could we call it FC STAR ?
Bernard Taylors barmy army

markecky

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 10:24:14 AM »

How does this Supporters Association fit in with the STAR organization, is it going to be a seperate set up?
We do not want warring factions in the camp. That only causes more problems.

We don't have enough people to make warring factions.

As I understand it the plan is for STAR to be mothballed and all efforts to go a new organisation if it came off.  There would only ever be one in a club our size.

We just need a leader in my opinion, someone who can pull it all together and start the ball rolling.

Someone who gets things done without fuss..

I know who I would want to do it Flynny but its not fair to suggest people when you can't do things yourself.

seasonticket

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 02:01:09 PM »

Thanks for that Mark. Now my dodgy memory has been jogged, I think someone did mention something about mothballing STAR.
In which case it sounds like a good idea. If as you say somebody could get it off the ground. I would certainly support such a group.

ALTY SUPPORTERS

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 02:35:18 PM »

The situation as things stand is that we now have a list of about 25 people who are willing to help and/or support a new supporters association if it were to be set up. These range from local people who would potentially be able to have a more "hands on" approach, to exiled fans who could help (in whatever capacity possible) from afar. I have compiled a list of these people, along with their contact details, and I believe what is required now is one or more people with the time and ability to work with these willing individuals, form a committee and really take this forward.

Among the people who have pledged their support (to some extent or another) are ex-players, various ex-committee members of SAFE/STAR and a wealth of other enthusiastic people who are all capable of playing a massive part in the success of any future supporters association. 

Anybody who feels that they might want to do this can take huge encouragement from the amount of people who are backing this idea. There is support from fans literally up and down the country and together we can make this a real success.

If you feel this is for you please get in touch either via the forum or by email:

altysupporters@gmail.com

GH is a legend

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 05:51:28 PM »

Sorry I don't mean to rude but if your asking for our contact details, can you reveal who you are?

Alty365

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 06:33:01 PM »

Sorry I don't mean to rude but if your asking for our contact details, can you reveal who you are?

If it makes you that uncomfortable just don't send your contact details. It really is that simple.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team