News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Derby

Author Topic: The Derby  (Read 13938 times)

alty!

The Derby
« on: November 17, 2006, 08:55:52 PM »

This season will be my first Alty v Vics game.Will the atmosphere be firey or  is it  a more friendly atmosphere.You know alot of good banter and playing for pride etc.

basically what im saying is if it will be a good game where both sets of fans will be very much behind their tam and will be witnessing good football or are we going in the direction of an Oxford/fc united style game where more stewards are needed.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The Derby
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 09:08:05 PM »

somewhere inbetween.

tonybrads

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 09:36:04 PM »

it will not be like oxford it will be like a derby game very passionate. i have been watching derbys between us and them for years i have only seen 1 fight in 25 years. so dont worry its all  gob

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 09:43:13 PM »

I wonder if the players realise the passion that the older supporters have grown accustomed too!

Have any of them played in a derby game before?

I suppose it is the same for both sides?

I think the fans will play a large part in this game?

alty!

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 09:46:43 PM »

no im not worried,looking forward to it very much

roll on moxing day

alty!

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 09:59:58 PM »

sorry, Boxing day ;D me being clumsy

conf2006

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 10:02:49 PM »

good atmosphere buts just a warm up for macc next season ,not seen trouble with vics or macc but has come close

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 10:10:13 PM »

Remember significant trouble with Vics, unfortunately Alty lead one night in about 76 or 77, but never much since.

Had aggro at Macc a couple of times but again we're talking late 70's.

The Witton cup final at Drill Field was a bit weird, nener really got to what started there?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 10:17:42 PM »

SW, remember things getting "lively" with Vics in late 70s....always remember giving Dave Ryan tons of stick and he always had a blinder against Alty!   Late 70s aggro I remember Scarboro in the trophy semi and Runcorn away in the trophy semi in '78, although it seemed to be Leeds and Liverpool fans more than Boro and Runcorn fans..

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2006, 11:38:50 AM »

When our third one goes in, in the 22nd minute, they'll be too sick to cause any aggro!

As far as the Alty fans are concerned, nothing is further from our minds. We go to watch the team and support them to the hilt.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

teasybeaver

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2006, 01:45:11 PM »

Its all about football, but there's still fire in the belly. Wouldn't take the little beavers in the golf road as i expect some awful comments to be made, mainly about the goalkeepers mother being involved in the distribution of controlled substances on Northwich market. It will also be noted that she is very economical in her portions!

No fighting, it doesn't actually prove anything. I do enjoy the banter though, there's some funny people in our band of chanters, never seen anyone match us for wit and humour, ecky has quite literally had me in fits pointing out some of the quirkier fashion victims locked in the chequers end!

Roll on boxing day, we're going to have a storm!

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2006, 09:21:45 PM »

Its all about football, but there's still fire in the belly. Wouldn't take the little beavers in the golf road as i expect some awful comments to be made, mainly about the goalkeepers mother being involved in the distribution of controlled substances on Northwich market. It will also be noted that she is very economical in her portions!

No fighting, it doesn't actually prove anything. I do enjoy the banter though, there's some funny people in our band of chanters, never seen anyone match us for wit and humour, ecky has quite literally had me in fits pointing out some of the quirkier fashion victims locked in the chequers end!

Roll on boxing day, we're going to have a storm!

I disagree with anyone slating the keepers mum just horrific ;D
Come on you red and white........

thegazelle

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2006, 12:09:39 PM »

Can remember a few scuffles with vics in the late seventies including the terrrible sight of a vics fan badly injured by a brick which added the reality to the song from there on in. Another memory was when the goalfroad didnt actualy run and and actuallly saw off a bunch of mods from Northwich, in fact northwich must be about the onlyn team we didnt run away from.!!!!! however we did once take the shed
at middlewich !!!!!!
Still got scars from Boxing day or new years day 79? at Macc won 5 -1 and got battered for the celebrations. 13 pints of stones in the moss before i got on the coach for a 3 o'clock kick off may have had something to do with it
Happy days
where are all those supporters now SW?

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2006, 12:48:59 PM »

Well Gazelle who knows, all prob living respectable lives with mortgages?

I remember Frickley "taking" the Golf Rd.................Jeez!
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

thegazelle

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2006, 11:28:41 AM »

No they didnt actually take it
but foxy got his usual good kicking; b y the snack bar as we were changing ends at half time, if i recall correctly. He was the unluckiest guy ever to attend football matches can remember him amongst others being on the receiving end at runcorn and the same day as me at macc . mind you where there is no sense there is no feeling.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Derby