Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today is ... 'Joe O'Neill WILL Score Day ' !
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Today is ... 'Joe O'Neill WILL Score Day ' !  (Read 14139 times)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Re: Today is ... 'Joe O'Neill WILL Score Day ' !
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2006, 07:59:22 PM »

And is there a divine right that says Alty cannot have two players capable of scoring more than ten goals a season

I was merely saying that how do you know that Joe won't score 10 goals this season ?

I was also originally saying that to have 2 'Prolific' goalscorers would be very lucky. We are part time and can hardly afford players of such ability, yes granted we may unearth a gem from the Youth or local leagues but doubt they would last as season if that prolific. Its rare (but not unheard of) at any level that a football club has 2 goal machines on the books.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 08:01:00 PM by gazwarrington »

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2006, 09:22:47 PM »

I think we all know Joe is not a goalscorer....however,if he gets the service,he will get us into really good positions.Last season,we had Colin trekking back to near the halfway line to get the ball to his feet.When Col feels ok with his foot again (I think he was a bit wary about it yesterday,hence why he didn't shoot when he normally would),we will probably see what we were seeing at the start of the season.Which was Joe laying it on for Little who would be put in great positions.I think someone mentioned the perfect example of this last week...Exeter where Joe held the ball,fed Colin,whose shot was well saved,but Lawton came in for the tap in.

In summary,O'Neill is one of the first names I have on my teamsheet,just for his all round game.If we are looking desparate in front of goal,we can always bring on Thornley or Thomson.

While we're on about players,Lawton MUST start in the middle,he is wasted on the right.When fully fit,my midfield would be Lawton and Bushell in the middle,with Chalmers on the left and Potts on the right (well,I did say fully fit).
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2006, 11:32:24 PM »

I agree with the previous comment that we need more width!!

If we had tried Potts for the last half hour we might have got more efforts on target or crosses.

Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today is ... 'Joe O'Neill WILL Score Day ' !