News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 When will these big clubs learn?

Author Topic: When will these big clubs learn?  (Read 3018 times)

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« on: May 21, 2008, 03:06:25 PM »

Just browsing on the Goats(I mean Wrexham, old habits die hard) Red Passion messageboard. They are already expecting to get 6 points off us by just turning up.
They really should be beating teams like us

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Re: When will these big clubs learn?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 03:09:10 PM »

Good. As that worked for us against Torquay ....

Thing is as fans they should be expecting to beat Altrincham, afterall we got a reprieve after finishing in relegation position and have the smalled budget and hre not exactly well known compared to others in the league... then again they are Welsh !

Hamilton

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 04:39:45 PM »

Good. As that worked for us against Torquay ....

Thing is as fans they should be expecting to beat Altrincham, afterall we got a reprieve after finishing in relegation position and have the smalled budget and hre not exactly well known compared to others in the league... then again they are Welsh !

Flynney seen if their pitch is playable?

Stockportalty

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 09:36:18 AM »

Their pitch is usually pretty good, they do occasionally play internationals on it, we've been to watch wales play there on quite a few occasions.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 01:00:46 PM »

Disturbingly , a couple of kids coming to my office at school (in wrexham) today and asking what colin little was like as they missed out on daryl clare so they have heard they are looking at him.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

bighairedmike

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 03:33:15 PM »

Disturbingly , a couple of kids coming to my office at school (in wrexham) today and asking what colin little was like as they missed out on daryl clare so they have heard they are looking at him.

If anything like that does happen i would imagine we would have to ask for a fee seeing as he is now contracted for 2 years. I doubt he would go anyway though...

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 03:37:23 PM »

wrexham have waited over a hundred years for anyone to think of them as a 'big team' so i imagine they are happy

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 03:37:50 PM »

If anything like that does happen i would imagine we would have to ask for a fee seeing as he is now contracted for 2 years. I doubt he would go anyway though...

On the evidence of his recent comments in the local press, he would if Wrexham appointed GH as their new manager, so that could be their only hope.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

tr

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 05:44:07 PM »

Just browsing on the Goats(I mean Wrexham, old habits die hard) Red Passion messageboard. They are already expecting to get 6 points off us by just turning up.

PMSL Goats Oh how I enjoy the jester divy chat humour.

Yes there are fans who think we will take six points off you  there are also fans who still think you have been relegated. Most of us  realise that we don't really know what to expect other than the teams at the top of the Blue Square are better than those at the bottom of L2, hence sides who get promoted staying up.

TBH we (the fans) will turn up at some  grounds look around and think we should get the points just for coming. don't think BL  and the team will have that attitude though.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team