PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Cull begins at Cambridge United
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: The Cull begins at Cambridge United  (Read 13944 times)

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The Cull begins at Cambridge United
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 07:21:30 PM »

Dustin The Turkey

Thats gotta be the best username on here !  ;D

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 08:18:47 PM »

Isn't this the person who was so nice and friendly to us on this site last year when his club were in the sh*t?
Funny how he's gone all facetious now they've had a good season.
As someone else said earlier, what a tw*t.

Erm... was i? I was under the impression from Hughesy and co. that i've always been a T**t.  ;D

Anyway, i'm glad i've got on your tits, touchy.

Keep scraping the barrels of other clubs financial problems, whatever makes you happy love.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 08:53:10 PM »

Why are you struggling though after the season you've had Chris?

At the very least it sounds as if the cup and play off runs had been budgeted for. It's a very strange state of affairs.

Are you still paying rent for the Gissa Job Stadium?

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2008, 09:42:26 PM »

Yes. Due to the (alleged) criminal activity of some former directors, we are paying a property developer £200,000 a year rent for the Abbey Stadium for the next 50 years!

The reason we have a lower budget this season is simply to try and live within our means and hopefully break even, which admittedly came second to promotion this season just gone.

The £110k for Scott Rendell, £50k a year stadium sponsorship, the FA Cup run to Wolves and 25% gate receipts of this years play-off final paid for last season's big push for promotion. Realising we might not be so lucky this time round with the player sales and cup runs, they've cut the budget so not to overspend.

The rumours of financial ruin are the birthchild of bitter fans of other clubs who have a dislike for Cambridge. In fact i believe it all started due to a throwaway comment by the Woking chairman. I didn't realise he was such an expert on other teams finances!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2008, 09:45:40 PM »

For a club to have had such a successful season and yet have to lose/sack so many personnel indicates there are serious problems.

However, Chris, as long as you are happy to ignore your own club's issues and come onto the forum of a club that knows how to run itself then that is very flattering. But it looks to all of us that you should pay a little more attention to your own club.

BTW: we have no dislike for Cambridge, just for people who have no concept of reality.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 09:47:42 PM by Jennifers Dad »

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2008, 10:11:21 PM »

Jennifers Dad, what a perfect lesson in how to be very patronising. I couldn't have done better if i tried myself.

Anyone would think Altrincham have never had financial problems nor embarrassed themselves with poor administration skills with regards to say.... player registration? (Ooops, there goes my patronising effort!)

On a serious note, may i ask how you seem to know so much about my club than what i do? I have close ties within CUFC, including helping out with the official website and running an unofficial website, meaning i get to know most of the ins and outs of my football club before things come to light, as any 'conferenceforum' reader would tell you. I'd be amazed if you knew more about it than me!! Anyone who knows me would tell you should their be anything dodgy or amiss going on at Cambridge, i would be the first dissenting voice on any forum, pushing for the truth.

But then again, you don't know anything about that, do you?

Dougals Dad

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2008, 10:16:39 PM »

Jennifers Dad, what a perfect lesson in how to be very patronising. I couldn't have done better if i tried myself.

Anyone would think Altrincham have never had financial problems nor embarrassed themselves with poor administration skills with regards to say.... player registration? (Ooops, there goes my patronising effort!)

On a serious note, may i ask how you seem to know so much about my club than what i do? I have close ties within CUFC, including helping out with the official website and running an unofficial website, meaning i get to know most of the ins and outs of my football club before things come to light, as any 'conferenceforum' reader would tell you. I'd be amazed if you knew more about it than me!! Anyone who knows me would tell you should their be anything dodgy or amiss going on at Cambridge, i would be the first dissenting voice on any forum, pushing for the truth.

But then again, you don't know anything about that, do you?

Yes we have - So we know the signs!

cheeky trucker

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2008, 10:21:38 PM »

Chris, Alty are the oracle on all other non-league clubs, did you not realise that? ;D    By concerning themselves about everyone else's potential shortcomings (real or imagined) they don't have to worry about their own.

Check out the new deal in the Alty club shop, outsized home shirts that comfortably accomodate the massive chips on each shoulder ;D

Hamilton

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2008, 10:28:03 PM »

Chris, Alty are the oracle on all other non-league clubs, did you not realise that? ;D    By concerning themselves about everyone else's potential shortcomings (real or imagined) they don't have to worry about their own.
Check out the new deal in the Alty club shop, outsized home shirts that comfortably accomodate the massive chips on each shoulder ;D

So why are you on our forum?

cheeky trucker

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2008, 10:30:24 PM »

Er, have I commented on your shortcomings?       Next question? ::)

Vics Chick

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2008, 10:40:52 PM »

...probably for the same reason as why I'm on your forum...we have an old joke in Northwich...if you want to know anything about Vics, just ask an Alty fan.    ::)

Hamilton

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2008, 10:42:47 PM »

Er, have I commented on your shortcomings?        Next question? ::)

We have none!  ;)

Hamilton

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2008, 10:43:48 PM »

...probably for the same reason as why I'm on your forum...we have an old joke in Northwich...if you want to know anything about Vics, just ask an Alty fan.    ::)

Because we are omniscient

Vics Chick

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2008, 10:47:07 PM »

Er, have I commented on your shortcomings?        Next question? ::)

We have none!  ;)

Chris Senior...he's a shortcoming!   ;)

cheeky trucker

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2008, 10:48:31 PM »

And GH has plenty of shortcomings ;D       Although he's fair, but humble ::) ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Cull begins at Cambridge United