PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Cull begins at Cambridge United
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: The Cull begins at Cambridge United  (Read 13920 times)

markecky

Re: The Cull begins at Cambridge United
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2008, 01:03:33 PM »

Thank christ for that.

I couldn't be arsed emailing you to check my posts before I posted them.

Anyway there less to talk about now...you secretly being part time has now been confirmed so thats one thing we have been telling you about for years sorted.

We just need the shop to "close for a refit" now as we've all predicted.

We'll let you know when it does.

altyf

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2008, 02:32:26 PM »

Look, I think most of us here enjoy having fans of other clubs on here...Vics, Cambridge, Kiddy and York fans are just a few of the people that post quite regularly and it's great to get another viewpoint on issues.

But what is really frustrating is getting told we twist stories and make up facts whenever something happens. As pointed out, this is an Altrincham FC forum and so whenever something happens, it's natural to look for factors that could effect us. After 3 reprieves, it is understandable that fans of other clubs think we are just looking for another escape route, but that is not the case. We can discuss other clubs issues and we can all post our own views and it's becoming ridiculous the amount of critcism we're getting for posting opinions on our own forum! If we are such a joke, why don't you spend more time with your perfect fans whose opinons are all perfectly valid.

Don't call us obsessed when you could quite easily spend your time on your own forum. And Chris, it makes me laugh the amount of times you call us "touchy" when you are the guy being so defensive and taking such offence when we were merely pointing out the goings on at your club and discussing the possible reasons for the clearout.

Narcissist

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2008, 02:36:33 PM »

If i'd have known it would only have taken a quick personal snipe I would have posted that three pages ago and saved us all the frustration.

Longman

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2008, 03:21:51 PM »

Look, I think most of us here enjoy having fans of other clubs on here...Vics, Cambridge, Kiddy and York fans are just a few of the people that post quite regularly and it's great to get another viewpoint on issues.

But what is really frustrating is getting told we twist stories and make up facts whenever something happens. As pointed out, this is an Altrincham FC forum and so whenever something happens, it's natural to look for factors that could effect us. After 3 reprieves, it is understandable that fans of other clubs think we are just looking for another escape route, but that is not the case. We can discuss other clubs issues and we can all post our own views and it's becoming ridiculous the amount of critcism we're getting for posting opinions on our own forum! If we are such a joke, why don't you spend more time with your perfect fans whose opinons are all perfectly valid.

Don't call us obsessed when you could quite easily spend your time on your own forum. And Chris, it makes me laugh the amount of times you call us "touchy" when you are the guy being so defensive and taking such offence when we were merely pointing out the goings on at your club and discussing the possible reasons for the clearout.

We should take it as a compliment I suppose, I think the reason so many other clubs fans' come on here is because it's such an active and well designed forum.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2008, 04:03:58 PM »

Have a goodwin ... ;D ;D ;D

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2008, 05:32:28 PM »

And Chris, it makes me laugh the amount of times you call us "touchy" when you are the guy being so defensive and taking such offence when we were merely pointing out the goings on at your club and discussing the possible reasons for the clearout.

Ahhh but it's not just any old club discussing these things, it's Altrincham fans, who quite a lot of almost feed off other teams possible financial problems like vultures. It's like you're trying to save yourself from relegation before the season has even started! I browse quite a lot of forums, and this one is the only one that can't wait to accuse others of not running their football clubs properly as soon as a couple of players are released or transfer listed.

Even when i've presented the real reason why things have happened, i still get smarmy replies and sly digs doubting my knowledge of my own football club, so maybe i can be forgiven for being a little defensive, or even 'touchy'?

brian1925

« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2008, 05:49:25 PM »

To be fair Chris, we don't have to try too hard to save ourselves from relegation. Other clubs are queuing up to save us from the drop year after year after year... It doesn't really matter if it's Cambridge United, or some other club, you can rest assured there will always be somebody willing to balls things up on our behalf.

Narcissist

« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2008, 06:38:45 PM »

And Chris, it makes me laugh the amount of times you call us "touchy" when you are the guy being so defensive and taking such offence when we were merely pointing out the goings on at your club and discussing the possible reasons for the clearout.

Ahhh but it's not just any old club discussing these things, it's Altrincham fans, who quite a lot of almost feed off other teams possible financial problems like vultures. It's like you're trying to save yourself from relegation before the season has even started! I browse quite a lot of forums, and this one is the only one that can't wait to accuse others of not running their football clubs properly as soon as a couple of players are released or transfer listed.

Even when i've presented the real reason why things have happened, i still get smarmy replies and sly digs doubting my knowledge of my own football club, so maybe i can be forgiven for being a little defensive, or even 'touchy'?

Sorry, but if this is all too much for you then you can stop coming on here to read it all and comment.

Of course we're interested in financial affairs of other clubs, its become an important part of our footballing matters unfortunately. We're not interested because we want them to give us a lifeline, we're interested because we've been there and come back and shown how a club should be run, we relate to it. We're interested because all this financial debauchery means we cant compete on a level playing field unless we spend money we dont have. We're interested because we want it all to stop, we want the league to start punishing the people who devastate local clubs with their actions, we want those people to be stopped.

Im sorry, im just not having people coming in here telling our fans that we're desperate for other clubs demise, and making out we love it all. You just dont get the point!

altyf

« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2008, 06:42:10 PM »

So we have a very lively forum, with our history, surely you can understand where this interest in yours and other clubs comes from? We were minutes from going out of Business but unlike many other clubs we genuinely did work ridiculously hard over the years to bring us back into the black. It's quite clear you don't like to be patronised  ;) but it is the truth...we did it at the risk of playing with low finances and could still be stuck in the Unibond looking at our playing budget. After three repreives and what can only be described as a bizarre 3 years back in the BSP, surely we cannot be blamed for taking an interest in the goings on at other clubs. It's not like our club is trying to put other clubs in the sh*t like FGR etc, we're just discussing as fans. We're not taking an interest because we want you to be next years rescue package, we're interested because we actually did do it the proper way and unless others do the same, this league will continue to make a fool of itself.

I didn't mean to have a go at you, but we can't be accused of being "touchy" when you have just admitted it is your attitude. I'll be honest, I don't have a clue whether your club is sacking people because they could be in trouble or because they genuinely do want to start again. But as you are a fan of Cambridge, it can be very easy to dismiss the possibility of financial difficulty. I deeply hope you're not in trouble but from 17th to the play-off final in one year suggests you may have spent beyond your means like so many before. You will now tell me that it is all down to a good manager and all the money/sponsorship you received this year of course  :D

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2008, 07:07:23 PM »

Sorry, but if this is all too much for you then you can stop coming on here to read it all and comment.

Of course we're interested in financial affairs of other clubs, its become an important part of our footballing matters unfortunately. We're not interested because we want them to give us a lifeline, we're interested because we've been there and come back and shown how a club should be run, we relate to it. We're interested because all this financial debauchery means we cant compete on a level playing field unless we spend money we dont have. We're interested because we want it all to stop, we want the league to start punishing the people who devastate local clubs with their actions, we want those people to be stopped.

Im sorry, im just not having people coming in here telling our fans that we're desperate for other clubs demise, and making out we love it all. You just dont get the point!

Very sensible and pertinent comments.
I agree 100%.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2008, 10:56:10 PM »

But thats the thing, you do have certain select fans who do love it when another team goes to the wall. You only have to read the conferenceforum for five minutes to see that. Plenty of snidy comments and digs at other teams, and it smacks of desperation and is nothing short of cringeworthy. If those fans could forward their point in an understandable, similarly eloquent way as you have done above, then maybe myself and others wouldn't think that.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2008, 09:06:08 AM »

Probably going to get Peaked into oblivion for this but I can see that to some people a small minority of our fans may appear to have a slightly 'holier than thou' attitude toward other clubs.

Not all clubs release players or have financial problems because of rampant overspending, we don't know everything about all the other Clubs in BSP and whilst I'll admit that every club has its morons when a normally sensible fan of another club comes on here and advises us that, so far as they are aware the problems are either not financial or if they are financial then they're not a result of irresponsible spending I think that we should extend to them the courtesy of accepting what they say.

We seem to get steamed up enough when people post things about us that we believe not to be true.

Jezza

« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2008, 10:24:18 AM »

Can't see what is wrong in the fans of one team commenting on the make up of another team they will be playing next season espedcially when that team has just had a succesful season, just missed out on promotion and offloads a load of it's players where you'd expect that club to strengthen..........................

Confguide is full of Grays will be next, big time charlie club fans upset coz they can't compete with a pub team.

But with such a history of clubs going to the wall I think you can't help musing who will be next every time a club shows the signs...one of which is a slashing of their playing squad.

Hopefully this is just Cambridge cutting their cloth and spending within their means to avoid being next in which case I salute them and surely they should be applauded.

Having been reprieved 3 times....c'mon.....we are going to look on with bemusement as yet another club is bound to hit the wall come May next year.

Having had our problems and come through them we are the dreaded committed ex smoker shaking our head and saying when will they learn from ours and others mistakes.....I'm sure fans of the other fallen clubs will likewise be incredulous every time another club makes exactly the same financial mismanagement with all the usual signs.

Narcissist

« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2008, 10:30:56 AM »

We seem to get steamed up enough when people post things about us that we believe not to be true.

We also get steamed up when people slate our away support. I think people were jumping down Vessey's throat for this, not his correction of fact on this thread. I applaud Camebridge for their approach. In many ways I wish alty would throw the sink at staying up for a season and then pull in the reigns if it doesnt work out.

I think people view our pride in the way Altrincham FC is run in the wrong way.

Besides we are holier than them. We are Altrincham FC, divine intervention is the only remaining explanation for 3 reprieves.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2008, 03:23:10 PM »

Its threads like this that highlight to me how important it is that we perform better on the field this season and stay up on our football merit and not because of other teams woes.

I still believe however we cant be held accountable as a club if other teams risk there own survival chances by spending more than they get in revenue.

Its pretty simple maths really Revenue into the club = Outgoings spent by the club

If only football was run like that at every level we would see real competition.
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Cull begins at Cambridge United