Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Meanwhile over in happy valley Northwich......

Author Topic: Meanwhile over in happy valley Northwich......  (Read 8424 times)

Jezz

« on: November 18, 2006, 05:46:07 PM »

Northwich fans describing today's Vics miserable defeat at Forest grass Rovers as a Shambles!! and call for Burr's head the loyal lot.

They must be bricking themselves about Boxing Day.

sh*ttest team in cheshire?......hmmmmm

PS hint for Graham and Dalton....even the Vics fans describe their defence as pedestrian at best...pace will be the key!

conf2006

Re: Meanwhile over in happy valley Northwich......
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 05:49:28 PM »

pace will be the key!

so dave pace is going to play for us ?

we could do with some pace up fronr ourselves, great goal from lewis today , average performance, draw fair result

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 11:36:32 PM »

Before we worry about that game we need to accumulate a couple of win's, we are descending closer to the bottom 4, and were all being told we should not worry.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 10:39:23 AM »

I agree. Is anyone else worried that we're only 2 points off a relegation place with 1 win in 8? It's all very well laughing at Northwich & Macc but we desperately need to start playing well and getting some wins. Just because we have a better squad than last year shouldn't mean that we shouldn't be extremely wary about our position in the hope that 'we're too good to go down'.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 10:50:08 AM »

So do I, totally. I really don't wish to put a negative slant on anything but this season is about 46 league games, not 2 over the Xmas period. Games like yesterday are the ones we should be looking to get the points in.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Jez

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 02:45:19 PM »

calm down everyone we'll be fine.....oh and correct me if I'm wrong but we did get a point yesterday against those easy pushover full time Crawley?

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 03:32:23 PM »

I love Northwich, mainly for reasons such as this:

Pre-match: It will be a surprise if we don't take at least two hundred to FGR.

Post-match: Great support, easily two hundred plus Vics fans.

FGR opinion: Where on earth were the two hundred Northwich fans? There were about seventy, and that's being generous.

When they only took thirty to Aldershot and Crawley where do they get these ideas from that they will take two hundred plus to FGR?

Sad in a way.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 06:20:11 PM by Jimmy Hill »
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2006, 06:08:12 PM »

I agree. Is anyone else worried that we're only 2 points off a relegation place with 1 win in 8? It's all very well laughing at Northwich & Macc but we desperately need to start playing well and getting some wins. Just because we have a better squad than last year shouldn't mean that we shouldn't be extremely wary about our position in the hope that 'we're too good to go down'.

I really don't think that anyone holds the opinion that 'we're too good to go down'. I just assumed that the reason there is not constant talk of potential relegation is that it is blindingly obvious that we are going to be in a relegation battle, a sort of tacit recognition of our position and potential position in the table if you will.

With this in mind only being two points off the bottom four isn't especially noteworthy as this is where we all expected to be anyway. This coupled with the fact that just a couple of results can radically alter our league position means it is no surprise that people aren't getting too worked up just yet.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2006, 07:05:07 PM »

I think we're doing OK actually.

We've got more points than games played, a game in hand over three of the teams around us and a few of them still to play.

We're not going to set the world on fire this season, but we've improved on last year and if we maintain our points per game ration, we'll be fine.

GH himself was aiming for 15th place, I believe, at the start of the season and I don't see any reason why that won't happen.

An away win before Christmas would be nice and take a lot of the pressure off which a few fans are starting to feel but, overall, I think we're going to be fine.

Keep the faith.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team