Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Since when did the Main Stand at Moss Lane become a creche?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Since when did the Main Stand at Moss Lane become a creche?  (Read 54875 times)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Re: Since when did the Main Stand at Moss Lane become a creche?
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2006, 07:48:52 PM »

I'm sure people would not mind if they had to wait until 2pm to get to the snack bar, just like I'd have to wait til 2pm as I also use that door as soon as I enter the bar to sort things out like the Flags and get the Buckets for the Bucket Collection ready.

As I said I would man that door if needs be but too be honest the need for it to be open prior to 2pm is minimal. I'm sure it could be opened for Ian and Campbell to sort out the Club shop as and when required but if not Ballers and Myself would gladly help.

stevenage

« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2006, 09:14:18 AM »

this would not happen at the main stand at stevenage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stockportalty

« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2006, 10:30:15 AM »

I think most of the people who have posted so far agree that the idea of bringing the children in for games is good for the club- new supporting blood and good for our links with the community. I think the idea of a 'child friendly steward' is a good one, I am not volunteering, I come to watch Alty to get away from talking to kids, I do it every day. It needs to be made clear to the accompanying adults (teachers or parents) that there are ground regulations, health and safety issues and there has to consideration for other people too. Maybe a set of guidelines needs to be drawn up that is issued to visiting groups, not rules, but guidelines that explain that the club is considering everybody's safety and enjoyment, and a copy of these guidlelines be given to each adult so that they cannot say that they didn't know. It is exciting for a child to visit a 'real' football ground and watch a 'real' match, we try and make every effort to help them enjoy it safely, but they and their accompanying adults have got to do their bit too.

Alty365

« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2006, 10:38:43 AM »

I think most of the people who have posted so far agree that the idea of bringing the children in for games is good for the club- new supporting blood and good for our links with the community. I think the idea of a 'child friendly steward' is a good one, I am not volunteering, I come to watch Alty to get away from talking to kids, I do it every day. It needs to be made clear to the accompanying adults (teachers or parents) that there are ground regulations, health and safety issues and there has to consideration for other people too. Maybe a set of guidelines needs to be drawn up that is issued to visiting groups, not rules, but guidelines that explain that the club is considering everybody's safety and enjoyment, and a copy of these guidlelines be given to each adult so that they cannot say that they didn't know. It is exciting for a child to visit a 'real' football ground and watch a 'real' match, we try and make every effort to help them enjoy it safely, but they and their accompanying adults have got to do their bit too.

I totally agree.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2006, 12:39:51 PM »

As an Alty fan based in the South East, I took my youngest son and some of his mates from the school team to watch Woking v Alty as it was his eighth birthday.  All through the build up to the match and during the first half, I got the "It's not like this at Chelsea / Arsenal / West Ham" from the assembled mites in their replica kits.  Which went some way to spoiling my enjoyment of the fixture.

However, as the second half wore on, they became more and more captivated, even starting their own "Alty, Alty" chant from the back of the little wooden stand as we finished more and more strongly.

And then at the end, we all walked onto the pitch AND ACTUALLY SPOKE TO THE PLAYERS!!!!  WHO ACTUALLY SPOKE BACK!!

It's not like this at Chelsea / Arsenal / West Ham I said.  When can we watch Alty next they said.  Now whilst I don't expect these guys to be dedicated Alty fans, they might have been if they were based in the Greater Altrincham Conurbation, and they'l definitely watch us again once or twice and enjoy it.

Sow the seeds wide and far, and you may be surprised by the results!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2006, 01:30:25 PM »

I think this says it all. from www.altrinchamfc.com

After Saturday's game, Mr John Barnett, chairman of the Timperley and District Junior Football League, said that the Featured Club event had been a great success and that his League looks forward to developing further its links with Altrincham FC. Meanwhile, Altrincham FC Schools Coordinators, Dana Laidlar and Karen Rowley, have already received a letter from a representative of Forest Park School, Mr Neil Swift, indicating that the children enjoyed their visit very much. Mr Swift added that, "In typical Alty fashion, everyone at the Club made us feel welcome and it was particularly impressive that the Manager found a few moments to come and say hello. One of the early 'pay backs' for the Club will be the record takings at the catering wagon... There must be some re-stocking to do today

Steve from Sale

« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2006, 06:14:34 PM »

I hereby volunteer as a club steward and also a Junior Football Manager and dad, to be the child friendly steward. Unicorn Athletic are the next visitors V Burton, that is my team as I am their under 16s manager and I also know most of the players at Unicorn. My players are also of an age where in the next couple of years they will be too old for Junior soccer, but young enough to play in the Alty Youth team if they are good enough.

I also know many other teams and players from other Junior clubs so I am more than happy to cover the area of the family stand if the club wish me to do so.

By the way, if there are any doubters still amongst you about this scheme, as a Junior manager this is one of the best ideas the club have come up with. Three or four of my own team have enquired about going to Alty youth when they are 17-18, so this can only be of great benefit to the club, albeit more long term. There are a wealth of great teams and players in this league at all the clubs, one or two possibly premiership standard, certainly future conference players. The club are only trying to tap into this, but I really applaud both Timperley and District and the club for this scheme. All big clubs want to do is pinch all your best players whilst giving nothing back, Alty are doing a great deal to make this mutually beneficial to us and them, THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE.

So before you complain about kids running around and spending all their money at our tuck shop, you could be slagging off the next Kingy/Showler/Rogers/Bushell or Coburn.

Believe me I have been involved in Junior soccer for 6 years now and if you . If you need a good keeper for the future, look no further than my younger son Alex, a current ballboy who would love to join his favourite team as a youth when 17!!

You may not see the benefits as yet, but you will in time to come. A few of Alty's local players are from Timperley and District. While we are on the subject, Danny Higginbotham and Danny/Chris Adams are both ex Unicorn Athletic Juniors; what more evidence do you need.

Steve from Sale
Club Steward and Junior Soccer manager - Unicorn Athletic under 16s

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2006, 07:56:18 PM »

By the way, if there are any doubters still amongst you about this scheme, as a Junior manager this is one of the best ideas the club have come up with. Three or four of my own team have enquired about going to Alty youth when they are 17-18, so this can only be of great benefit to the club, albeit more long term. There are a wealth of great teams and players in this league at all the clubs, one or two possibly premiership standard, certainly future conference players. The club are only trying to tap into this, but I really applaud both Timperley and District and the club for this scheme. All big clubs want to do is pinch all your best players whilst giving nothing back, Alty are doing a great deal to make this mutually beneficial to us and them, THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE.

You may not see the benefits as yet, but you will in time to come. A few of Alty's local players are from Timperley and District. While we are on the subject, Danny Higginbotham and Danny/Chris Adams are both ex Unicorn Athletic Juniors; what more evidence do you need.

Quite, it's not strictly true that all the big clubs take the talent, when I played in the TJFL u17/u19s league a few (9 Christ :o) years ago there were a number of players not taken on by league clubs who've gone on to do ok for themselves at semi pro level. Of the top of my head I remember playing against Mike Moseley (Witton), Dave Tickle, Tony Coyne (Mossley), Demis Ohandjanian (Macc), Damian Whitehead (Macc), Andy Halfpenny (Kidsgrove) also our own Rod Thornley (yes!) - we do of course cater for the lads whoo don't get in at league clubs at 16 so as you can see, even if you've not heard of all those lads there is a bit of talent out there.

Unemployed Coalminer

Suggestion for main stand stewards' uniform
« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2006, 10:19:45 AM »

Alty365

Re: Suggestion for main stand stewards' uniform
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2006, 11:03:42 AM »

Actually looks a bit like you with long hair Mr Mineworker!   ;)

Unemployed Coalminer

Don't be cheeky
« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2006, 12:48:00 PM »

man in the stand

« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2006, 07:51:08 PM »

I was also in the stand last saturday and wasn't disturbed by the noise or the running about though to be fair I was away from the stairs..

I'm happy to see new supporters of all ages but perhaps the kids need to be in an area of the ground where they can run about without causing too much disturbance
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Since when did the Main Stand at Moss Lane become a creche?