Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Since when did the Main Stand at Moss Lane become a creche?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Since when did the Main Stand at Moss Lane become a creche?  (Read 54859 times)

babybrads

Re: Since when did the Main Stand at Moss Lane become a creche?
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2006, 10:27:27 AM »

i dont see why people moan about noise is that why all the older aged people go to the main stand to get away from the singing and shouting?? thats what i think 

football is not about silence (WOULD MAIN STAND MOAN IF 100 PLUS FANS FROM OTHER POPULAR SIDE COME SAT DOWN SINGING AND SHOUTING ) It would be funny to see the reaction then....

every1 has a choice where the want to go in the ground and you cant tell people dont make lots of noise can you, but you can enhance the messing about and running around or whatever for safety reasons
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 10:29:04 AM by babybrads »

Alty365

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2006, 12:24:10 PM »

I find it laughable that people think it is the responsibility of stewards to control children and make them behave in an appropriate manner. As far as I'm concerned it is the parents of children who are responsible for their behaviour. My Dad started bringing me to Alty games when I was about 5 years old and I stood with him and behaved throughout the match. I was not allowed to leave his side and was certainly not allowed to go running around misbehaving. Had I behaved in such a fashon he would simply not have taken me again.

In respect of comments about the potential legal consequences of kids falling and hurting themselves I would suggest it might be wise to have a few signs put up which clearly indicate that parents are responsible for the behaviour of their children and the club cannot be held liable for any injuries sustained as a result of inappropriate behaviour.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect parents to control their kids.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2006, 12:27:09 PM »

I agree, that the parents or guardians of the children should ensure better behaviour.

Jenga

« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2006, 12:48:34 PM »

In respect of comments about the potential legal consequences of kids falling and hurting themselves I would suggest it might be wise to have a few signs put up which clearly indicate that parents are responsible for the behaviour of their children and the club cannot be held liable for any injuries sustained as a result of inappropriate behaviour.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect parents to control their kids.

I think you will find that due to the litigious state of the country (following closely behind North America) that if anyone injures themselves on someone elses property or by a third party person then there is a case to persue a claim for compensation for injury and/or damage.

If you put up a poster as a disclaimer this would not hold water in the eyes of the law. All it may do is deflect a claim, and bear in mind it would need to be posted outside the ground prior to payment to enter. Anyway, the law will see it as Tort of Negligence. Altrincham Football owe a duty of care for all people on their premises. If that duty of care is broken, and as a result, injury or damage occur then there is clear grounds for a claim. Putting up a poster does not protect you from Common Law situations.

The stewards are therefore there to help assist in providing that safe environmnet. If a child falls the club could be sued for not ensuring the children are kept safe. Silly yes it is, the parents should do it, but that is how the law sees it.

It would therefore benfit the club to keep all the children in one place to minimise the risks to them and to other people. The family stand is the place for this.

If sponsors object then there is a problem as it is the sponsor stand as well.

A difficult one for sure, but I do hope we continue to bring these children to boost support and think about the future.

I hope the legal side of this post didnt bore you too much and provided you with an insight into how difficult the Stewards job is.

markecky

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2006, 12:55:54 PM »

I've not even mentioned the kids debate so would be grateful to be left out of that one.

I raised a point, explained it and then gave a what I thought to be a solution.  I wasn't aware thata steward had to be there at all times.

However I still believe my point was valid that the door onto the ground does not need to be open until 2:00.  No one has a reason to go through it until then.

And just beause someone is a volunteer, does that mean that we dare not criticise or offer comment?   i was regularly criticised as chairman of SAFE on various points.  I still look forward to being criticised if the coach hits no traffic on a  five hour journey and gets there a 45 mins earlier than I (or the AA autoroute) believed possible.  The term disgusting has even been used.

To me asking a steward to steward a bar door (where a steward apparently has to be) isn't that extreme.

The bar is a lifeline to the club and we should be doing all we can to maximise revenue not find ways of not doing so.

Alty365

« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2006, 12:59:52 PM »

Totally agree about the bar.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2006, 01:35:14 PM »

George Heslop as Yoda, perhaps?!

Many youth players trained i have!!!!!

on another note the stewards do a great job there is no doubt about it and the kids to be fair i personally feel that gettin it anounced that running down the steps is forbidden by rafo before the game and at half time would help, the stewards can only do so much before they sound like arses and to be fair we all know none of them are. perhaps directing families to the family stand and when they come through the turnstiles or signs would help, kids though at the end of the day will be kids and be it parent/ steward/ who knows they will ultimately still do as they wish but we do need to remove the club from any blame by stating that the club is not to blame for any injuries

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2006, 01:44:01 PM »

I've not even mentioned the kids debate so would be grateful to be left out of that one.

I raised a point, explained it and then gave a what I thought to be a solution.  I wasn't aware thata steward had to be there at all times.

However I still believe my point was valid that the door onto the ground does not need to be open until 2:00.  No one has a reason to go through it until then.

And just beause someone is a volunteer, does that mean that we dare not criticise or offer comment?   i was regularly criticised as chairman of SAFE on various points.  I still look forward to being criticised if the coach hits no traffic on a  five hour journey and gets there a 45 mins earlier than I (or the AA autoroute) believed possible.  The term disgusting has even been used.

To me asking a steward to steward a bar door (where a steward apparently has to be) isn't that extreme.

The bar is a lifeline to the club and we should be doing all we can to maximise revenue not find ways of not doing so.

Sorry Ecky but could you please highlight for me where any comment has been made which suggests that we do not try to maximise revenue.

re the Bar Door, in a utopian scenario there would indeed be no necessity for anyone to go through that door before 2.00pm but sadly we do not live in Utopia (although Alty is a very close second I must admit) hence to maintain the needful levels of security and control a steward is positioned on the bar door.

Many apologies if i misconstrued any of your other comments as being related to the 'kiddygate' debate

:)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2006, 01:59:15 PM »

I try to get to the bar for 12.30 on a Saturday and would watch the door (as I sit near there anyway) until 2pm or when a Steward turns up ?

I would watch it all the time but feel the bar takings would be effected and defy the point of the bar being open early :o)

Gaz

markecky

« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2006, 02:12:45 PM »

Why does that door that leads to a restricted area until 14:00 need to be open with a steward on it?  No one has any reason to go through it. Why can it not be locked?   Its creating work.

Or will I be told to lock it myself if I want it locking?

Alty365

« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2006, 02:16:08 PM »

I think it's fair to say the benefits of the bar being open far outweigh the disadvantages. Perhaps a degree of "self-stewarding" (along the lines suggested by Gary) in cooperation with the much appreciated matchday stewards  is the way forward. I also liked the earlier suggestion by Ecky whereby all official guests could be given a little badge showing making it easier for stewards to identify potential turnstile dodgers.  

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2006, 02:29:22 PM »

Why does that door that leads to a restricted area until 14:00 need to be open with a steward on it?  No one has any reason to go through it. Why can it not be locked?   Its creating work.

Or will I be told to lock it myself if I want it locking?

Ecky,

As you know I have a huge amount of respect for what you have done and continue to do for the Football Club....however I really cannot see where this exchange is taking us to. A decision has been made by the Football Club that a Steward will be positioned on the Bar door, is that not sufficient grounds for the steward being there?

There does sometimes seem to be an inordinate amount of criticism of the Stewarding staff in general and of myself and my posts in particular rather than just accepting that things seem generally to operate in a wholly satisfactory manner at present

I do hope that I don't detect a hint of sarcasm or criticism in your last paragraph above as iIreally do think that you would be letting yourself down if it were ???

??? ???

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2006, 02:41:07 PM »

Again IF the club would like me to I would watch that door until 2pm, if they prefer an official steward then fair enough but seeing as we are all volounteers I can not see why there would be a problem with this ?

I'm sure if I'm late then I can ask an other fan to watch, I'm sure myself and the lads who sit near the TV can self police that door for an hour and a half ?, or as was said not open it until 2pm ?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 02:42:38 PM by gazwarrington »

Gumbo

« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2006, 02:50:05 PM »

Can't believe you're moaning about kids at Moss Lane. Get a life. I'll be taking my neice to Old Trafford if she's not welcome at Moss Lane.

>:(  >:(  >:(

Alty365

« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2006, 02:52:29 PM »

Can't believe you're moaning about kids at Moss Lane. Get a life. I'll be taking my neice to Old Trafford if she's not welcome at Moss Lane.

>:(  >:(  >:(

It's not kids that anyone objects to. It's the failure of parents to control their kids which is the issue here.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Since when did the Main Stand at Moss Lane become a creche?