News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Worrying News in NLP

Author Topic: Worrying News in NLP  (Read 3407 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Worrying News in NLP
« on: June 08, 2008, 09:28:46 AM »

Now I know that you shouldn't really believe everything (or arguably anything) you read in the NLP but I do get concerned when I read something that they will be just reproducing rather than creating by the use of their journalistic resources.

What worries me is that the list of released players reproduced in this mornings NLP includes a Christopher Senior who has been made available by Altrincham.

I hope that this is incorrect

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Worrying News in NLP
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 09:53:45 AM »

They have probably got the 'retained' and 'released' lists mixed up !! Nuggets  :(

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 10:52:14 AM »

Now I know that you shouldn't really believe everything (or arguably anything) you read in the NLP but I do get concerned when I read something that they will be just reproducing rather than creating by the use of their journalistic resources.

What worries me is that the list of released players reproduced in this mornings NLP includes a Christopher Senior who has been made available by Altrincham.

Dont forget that they they said last week that greg young was "without a club after leaving altrincham" despite having penned a two year contract a fortnight a go.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 12:53:27 PM »

Yes. We could do with some clarification from the Club on this one.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 01:29:08 PM »

They have probably got the 'retained' and 'released' lists mixed up !! Nuggets  :(

Whilst taking on board what you say BA this would mean that we have retained only Messrs Sedgemore & Senior as they are the only two Altrincham players listed

markecky

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 01:31:49 PM »

From past experience, the PFA list means very little.

Its out of date as soon as it is printed and often contains wrong information. 

Jenga

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 10:31:21 PM »

With little, johnson and the other player to be announced (denham maybe) is Chris likely to be retained or do we need to balance the books?

If he is going i for one would miss him.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 11:15:48 PM »

Why does anyone bother to buy the NLP? How can they still be in business despite all the inaccuracies and general tripe they print? Are they underwritten by a sugardaddy chairman?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 09:24:34 AM »

Yes. We could do with some clarification from the Club on this one.

From the main site;

"The PFA list of released players includes Alty's Chris Senior, though this is apparently just because he has not yet put pen to paper at Moss Lane."

Assuming from this that he will be doing then. Good news!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Jacko

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 01:16:16 PM »

saw chris senior last night in benidorm sounded like he was very much an alty player next season

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008, 01:19:41 PM »

that was a spot of luck Jacko ;)

WiganAlty

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2008, 01:34:14 PM »

And on the inaccuracies of the NLP, taken from their website (article dated 1st June):

"ALTRINCHAM proved that lightning does strike twice as they were handed a relegation reprieve for the second successive season.

Graham Heathcote’s men looked set for a life in the Blue Square North after finishing a point from safety.

But, just a year after surviving the drop following Boston’s double relegation, the Robins were yet again thrown a lifeline through Halifax’s imminent liquidation."

Enough said, methinks.........

Altyant

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2008, 10:04:36 PM »

saw chris senior last night in benidorm sounded like he was very much an alty player next season

Small world Jacko!! Were you stalking him?!!  :D

Longman

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 11:22:18 PM »

Ha ha, what the f*ck!?  That is hilarious!

I can just imagine you sat there by the pool, as you look round you spot little Chris Senior working on his tan in his little trunks.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Worrying News in NLP