PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Two new signings announced!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Two new signings announced!  (Read 10772 times)

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Two new signings announced!
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2008, 01:07:11 PM »

He's small, He's quick, He does a lot of tricks, Danylyk, Danylyk!

Always look on the bright side of life - Denham, Denham, Denham, Denham...  ;)
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

Alex

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2008, 01:15:52 PM »

ok since we're suggesting songs how bout: (to the same theme as "johnny goes marching/mincing down the wing")

"A red and white shirt upon his back,
 DENHAM ! DENHAM !
the alty crest upon his chest
 DENHAM ! DENHAM!
We got the lad from the Butchers Arms
he chose moss lane over nene park
CHRIS DENHAM
Alty's Number (insert squad number) - then repeat the tune with just the parts with denham and the last line

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2008, 01:50:59 PM »

They'll deliberatly give him seventeen now.

Alex

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2008, 01:59:25 PM »

im hopefull that he will be twelve (as apart from nine - which he wont get, it ryhmes the best)

Red n White

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2008, 04:54:02 PM »

I am looking forward to watching Denham in the red n white of Alty, certainly an exciting signing. Do we think he has been bought to play right midfield rather than as a striker? Sends out a great message that he decided on Alty over R&D.

I am yet to be convinced about Dale Johnson, he has always looked a bit unfit and slow but maybe Graham feels he can work on this. My question is why did Hyde allow him to go on loan last season? I assume it was down to the player rather than Hyde not wanting him?

Street has good pedigree having been at Crewe etc and hopefully will provide the midfield with a bit of quality rather than just the work rate.

I am suprised by the signing of Danylyk, he has been a good player for Leek in the lower reaches of the NPL, but conference? I am not so sure. He was at Witton for the start of last season but couldn't break into the team so returned to Leek. Is he really going to be able to make the step up if he wasn't good enough for Witton?

If Brownhill does come I think that will be the best signing of the lot and in a position we have struggled with for the last 3 seasons! Fingers crossed. On the subject of Witton players Fleetwood signed the lad Warlow for free, ex crewe only 21 years old, 60+ goals in 2 seasons! Suprised we didn't go for him, would have been worth a gamble. Another of Witton's best players Peers has requested a move could he be worth a go? Sounds like he's a midfielder though so maybe not a priority position for us right now.

I think we need to spend more time looking at the hungry, young up and coming prostects from the Unibond rather than ageing ex pro's looking for an easy few quid.

joe

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2008, 09:27:05 PM »

I am suprised by the signing of Danylyk, he has been a good player for Leek in the lower reaches of the NPL, but conference? I am not so sure. He was at Witton for the start of last season but couldn't break into the team so returned to Leek. Is he really going to be able to make the step up if he wasn't good enough for Witton?

I think we need to spend more time looking at the hungry, young up and coming prostects from the Unibond rather than ageing ex pro's looking for an easy few quid.

You're already writing off Danylyk without seeing him play and then saying we need to be looking in the Unibond for players.
Do we or don't we look in the Unibond for players?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 08:42:19 AM by joe »

sue123

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2008, 10:45:17 AM »

can i just say dont always believe what u read on the leek fans forum ant wasnt given a chance at witton he was more than good enough to play it was because the lad needed to play every week  they had several regular midfield players so he left to rejoin leek town i think u will be surprised at the talent he has lets hope he settles in he deserves the break and im sure he will do the job. GOOD LUCK DANYLYK :::::::::::

Alty365

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2008, 11:11:17 AM »

I've not seen him play but I've just got a feeling about Danylyk. From the sound of things he is just the kind of hardworking midfielder we have needed ever since Eddie Hussin got injured and sadly left the club.

The way I see it, Accrington signed Ian Craney from us when we were a very poor Unibond side and he is a brilliant player. Therefore, I have no qualms about signing a promising young talent from Leek.

Jenga

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2008, 12:33:13 PM »

Sue 123   - T.O.E.S ???

I assume you are his Mrs or Mrs to be or his GF?

Lets hope your right about your assessment of him  ;D

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2008, 12:38:43 PM »

Didn't Adam Yates go from Leek (nearly via us!) to Morecambe and do very well indeed?
Let's give this lad a chance to do the same.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

chris_faz

« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2008, 12:42:08 PM »

Do we think he has been bought to play right midfield rather than as a striker?
Hes a much better player wide right!! He played a lot on the right hand side of 3 strikers or just right midfield. Hes decent on the left as well! He didnt play many games as an out and out striker but was woeful when he did.

Jenga

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2008, 12:42:53 PM »

All players should be given a chance even the old motley crew from last season. In my eyes past performances count for nothing.

It is this season that counts and all players start with a clean slate in my book, even Mr C Little.

Red n White

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2008, 01:32:07 PM »

Maybe I didn't word my last post particularly well, as in general I am pleased with the signings to date! I am not writing Danylyk off by any means, from what I have read on the Leek site they rate him very highly. I was just making the comment that he has already tried to make one small step up from Leek to Witton and he didn't make the grade (but from the sounds of it maybe he wasn't given a proper chance at Witton) so to step up 2 divisions is a big ask. I really hope he does make the step up and I'd much rather see him given the chance to prove himself than bring in a player like whalley or Sedgemore just because they used to play at a higher level.

Hopefully he can prove to be the next Liam Dickinson (obviously different position) who was playing for Trafford Res 3 1/2 years ago and is now its rumoured Derby County will bid £250k for him!

sue123

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2008, 08:03:25 PM »

just a fan his new wife is nicola .Good Luck.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2008, 06:15:35 PM »

What's the correct way to pronounce his surname if you'd be so kind then? :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Two new signings announced!