PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 HALIFAX TOWN APPEAL DISMISSED
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: HALIFAX TOWN APPEAL DISMISSED  (Read 5588 times)

markecky

« on: June 11, 2008, 04:27:09 PM »

Getting news from the meeting that the appeal has been unsuccessful so its BSP next season.

rafo

Re: HALIFAX TOWN APPEAL DISMISSED
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 04:31:41 PM »

Yes

I Have Just Had It Confirmed As Well.

Looks Like Boston Could Be In For A Late Night Though..................  ::)

Rafo

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 04:34:32 PM »

Wonder what took all the time?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Jenga

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 04:37:35 PM »

Apparnelty the Halifax board had to scrap around to find 10p to use the toilet and it took this long before raising the funds so the meeting had to be delayed for an usually extended comfort break.

What is annoying is that i remember the toilets being 1p (time to spend a penny).

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 04:42:21 PM »

Apparnelty the Halifax board had to scrap around to find 10p to use the toilet and it took this long before raising the funds so the meeting had to be delayed for an usually extended comfort break. What is annoying is that i remember the toilets being 1p (time to spend a penny).

Not funny AT all, mate.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Jenga

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 04:46:38 PM »

Apparnelty the Halifax board had to scrap around to find 10p to use the toilet and it took this long before raising the funds so the meeting had to be delayed for an usually extended comfort break. What is annoying is that i remember the toilets being 1p (time to spend a penny).

Not funny AT all, mate.

It is a little bit funny.

Longman

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 05:01:29 PM »

Fooking get it, Conference football for Alty next season!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 05:07:59 PM »

From the Halifax site:

"Heard directly from a good source that the decision will not be made until AFTER the Boston hearing....Hope yet."

:o

alty snapper

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 05:14:02 PM »

Town appeal 'fails'

HALIFAX Town's hopes of playing Conference football next season appear to be over.
Courier Sport understands that the club has failed in its appeal to the Football Association against expulsion from the league.
No one at the FA could confirm the reports but the club is expected to release a statement this evening.
Halifax Courier

Alty365

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 05:15:11 PM »

From the Halifax site:

"Heard directly from a good source that the decision will not be made until AFTER the Boston hearing....Hope yet."

:o

The decision has been reported on both our website ad the Halifax Courier website. I really can't see the above being true.

Alty365

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 05:16:27 PM »

And why would you have one appeal lasting nearly 6 hours and then go "just hang on lads while we deal with Boston and we'll get back to you after". That would be ultra-bizarre!

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 05:23:22 PM »

That comment over the 10pence not funny,lets remember that Halifax have helped us out with players in the past.I for one wish them well in the future.Pity we could not have got the win at Muff and then it would not have come to this from our point of view.
Harold

Alty365

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 05:24:18 PM »

"Halifax had hoped the FA would put them in Blue Square North"

I think this explains why it took such a long time to resolve things today. No doubt there was a lot of pleading and arguing of their case during the course of the afternoon.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2008, 05:24:42 PM »

It does seem bizarre but I must be getting a bit gullible with all the conspiracy theories flying around.
My thoughts were that perhaps they were considering demoting Halifax to the BSN if Boston were demoted out of it but down to the Unibond otherwise.

I'm probably over-egging things and worrying about nothing as usual.

From the look of things over the past few weeks, most of the Halifax fans  think the 'consortium' will pull out if they go out of the Conference altogether and they will have to form a fans club.

For my own part, I'm VERY relieved for Alty indeed but gutted for the Halifax fans.
I know how bad I felt when WE almost went bump and wouldn't wish that on any fans (perhaps not even Vics).
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team