News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Yesterday's game

Author Topic: Yesterday's game  (Read 5632 times)

andyc

Yesterday's game
« on: November 19, 2006, 01:35:26 PM »

From what I saw yesterday I think the big problem is we have no width in the team. Bushell was off the pace and clearly not fit enough so why take the captaincy off Lawton and put him out wide. He is an ideal captain who makes himself heard and is wasted on the right. For me it would be Lawton & Chalmers in centre mid instead of Owen & Bushell. Peyton did really well but is wasted at left back and should be left midfield with Scott at left back until we find a proper one. We desperately need a right winger if Potts can't get fit. An idea at home games would be to play O'Neill behind a front two of Little & Thomson/Thornley as he is good at holding it up and won't have the centre half knocking him off the ball so often in this position. At the moment when he drops off it leaves Little on his own with no support as we've got no width to support the attack. We need to be more attacking at home and keep the ball on the floor and not send aimless high balls which Little & O'Neill never win. The Rose/Munroe partnership is the best thing to come out of the season so far.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Yesterday's game
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 01:40:59 PM »

Totally agree with the above.

Also think we could judge O'Neill better if was receiving some quality balls in the box from out wide, rather him trying to hold it up all the time.
Full time and proud of it

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Yesterday's game
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 07:00:10 PM »

Couldn't agree more.
Lawton and Chalmers are the best central midfield couple at the moment - but I would play them either side of Bush in a midfield 3 with Peyton as our wide player from the off and Scotty at Left Back.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Yesterday's game