News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A Few Thoughts

Author Topic: A Few Thoughts  (Read 7285 times)

ioko

A Few Thoughts
« on: November 20, 2006, 09:19:44 AM »

Came away from Saturday and my overiding thought was that we really do need to win games like that.

- Didnt think O'Neill had a great game but I think it was maginified by the fact that he and Little didnt seem to be on the same page. They didnt link up well at all. He is so short on confidence. Was Col any better on Saturday?
- Chalmers was outstanding again. He and Payton are a genuine threat due to Warrens ability to support attacks     
- We could do with picking up a good right sided midfield player - Robbie Lawton needs to play through the middle - he has far more of an impact there
- Thompson is a monster ("Whats that coming onto the pitch is it a ......") - think he could make a big contribution as we lack size up front and he seems to have a decent touch for such a big man (based on 7 mins admittedly)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: A Few Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 12:34:03 PM »

Generally agree with your comments>

I still believe Colin is not fully fit, and that will effect his game. I hope that he gets his goal touch back soon!

The midfield has an abundance of players at the moment, but we need width and some decent crosses for the frontmen. Joe and Colin are always chasing lost causes. If we had more width it would open things up?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A Few Thoughts