PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Absolute Disgrace
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Absolute Disgrace  (Read 127535 times)

Alty365

Re: Absolute Disgrace
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2008, 06:35:14 PM »

Oh, and a special mention for the Police who took nearly an hour to get to the ground and by the time their vans and cars screached up to the ground most of the troublemakers had gone. Absolutely disgraceful.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2008, 06:36:39 PM »

The vast majority fans asked us never to play united after last times events and were ignored will the same happen again????

Highlights the fact of the club putting profits first and foremost b4 the safety of the staff and fans.

Saddest thing for me some of the "united" fans live in Alty .. sad sad people.

Go and kick sh*t out of your own property not ours.
ParkINson's red and white army

Sainthelen

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2008, 06:46:49 PM »

We were there- first game as your supporters!

Yes- it was a disgrace. They were the worst type of low life.
There were many perfectly OK Man-U supporters- families, around,and thay must have felt ashamed to be at all associated with these animals.

I didn't realise they attacked a woman.

It won't put us off coming and supporting, though. Thank goodness, there are not many like that lot.   

Jenga

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2008, 06:47:38 PM »

Not forgetting the tossers in the bar at half time throwing beer and bottles in the air.

I used to have a season a ticket at united when I was 16 - i am 38 now and you can stick the red scum for me.

I said before (weeks ago) I will not be attending on Tuesday for SCUM - My stance still stands and is confirmed even more by todays events.

On one note it is about time we arrange decent friendlies - screw united and screw SCUM.

Alty forever (Season Ticket Holder).

Not to mention the man in the bar beating his kids up - disgraceful - if he does that in public what does he do to them at home?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 06:49:11 PM by Jenga »

altyf

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2008, 07:13:15 PM »

Today was an absolute disgrace to everything related to Manchester United.

It would be too hard to put into words their unbelievable behaviour. What are the stewards supposed to do against those mindless pricks? It is their job to enforce the rules and make sure everyone is safe, it is not to face up to idiots who quite clearly wouldnt listen to a thing they said. I agree something should have been done immedietely after they started beating the Golf Road end but stewards would have provoked them further and caused even more trouble. It should have been the police sorting them out but once again (after the Marcus Hallows incident) the police were nowhere to be seen 40 minutes after getting a call!!!!!

Throwing bottles on the pitch, throwing bottles around the bar, throwing smoke bombs, standing all over the barriers, beating and damaging the golf road end and then invading on the pitch...an absolute disgrace. Thank god we no longer have an affiliation with United in terms of the reserves playing at Alty. They really should be banned from Moss Lane for life. As for the damage to the ground, the metal panels at the back of the golf road are all loose and one fell out completely. The main stand seemed OK after the match (from what I saw). Thankfully the fantastic new toilet and snack bar block seemed to go undamaged aswell.

Greg Young and Colin Little were right to give a couple of their fans a sorting out.

I too hope the game is called off on Tuesday and only wish the game today had been called off earlier. Today could and should have been a great day out at Sheffield FC...instead we were forced to watch a bunch of chavs attack our players, our staff and our ground, not to mention the fact that they ruined the game for many new fans and first timers at Moss Lane.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 07:18:42 PM by Moss Lane Man »

markecky

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2008, 07:15:25 PM »

You cannot blame our stewards.  They attempted to confiscate alcohol which was met with abuse and threats. 

They are volunteers, they aren't going to put there safety on the line.  The police reaction time of 45 mins a major talking point.

And  as for the "United fans", they were wannabe Red Army members on a training day.  No real  lads would go bullying at Alty in a friendly.  Its not done.

I don't want to say anymore as I can't be arsed being criticised but todays events were just awful.

I thank God that Alty fans have the intelligence to not say one provocative word to these people or the scenes would have been far far worse.

I believe there is damage to the main stand and the bar, and the off licence was also looted.  However the poilce have the MUTV tapes so they won't be hard to track.

I wasn't going Tuesday anyway as F C United should never have been allowed in our ground again. I now hope its postponed so others don' have to spend another 90 minutes looking over their shoulders.

altyaltyalty

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2008, 07:19:55 PM »

Their atchuli not FC united stickers, theres people who hate FCUM and still Hate Glazer. Oh yeah and stop crying you mard arses ;D

LOVE UNITED
HATE GLAZER

Your not United supporters, anyone who gives their club a bad name are not very supportive! You are simply mindless idiots who have no interest in football just chaos. Why hate a clubs owner who has provided a team that became champions of Europe last year you dumb git! P**s of back to the hole you came from, your are the scum that you sing about when singing Leeds songs, oh and learn to spell you thick t**t.

As for anyone who attended this game and now is left with a bad impression of Alty, especially the first time visitors please see through the fact that this is not a usual scene, we have an extremely friendly club, the decision to play FCUM may have been a risk and even more so judging by today, but as for United i don't recall anything like this from last seasons United game, only the FCUM game. You can't blame the club for wanting to play a United side hoping for a name and a good attendance, not to mention a good work out for our lads, i can guarantee if we did not play them one year, but they played every other local team we would have people moaning "why don't we get to play United and reap the benefits".

Rant over......for now!

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2008, 07:24:03 PM »

Fair enough the stewards couldn't do much towards the end, but fans were running on the pitch at half time and I was looking at the stewards at the chequers end and they were not paying attention. At the beginning of the 2nd half when the fans were spread across both ends, again I was watching the stewards and they were either chatting or watching the match.

Why wasn't the alcohol confiscated at the gates? Bags could have been searched. It happens at other grounds.

I don't think there was anyone in the ground surprised that this happened. I think the board need to take a look at themselves and admit they have made a huge mistake and should not have dismissed the fans' concerns about the FCUM match (after all they are the same fans).

markecky

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2008, 07:25:02 PM »

We have never had an issue with United before.

These people were not true United fans, they were not even true United hooligans.

Alex_c

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2008, 07:25:50 PM »

so your blaming Fc united fans? ::) ::)

timperley

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2008, 07:29:02 PM »

Their atchuli not FC united stickers, theres people who hate FCUM and still Hate Glazer. Oh yeah and stop crying you mard arses ;D

LOVE UNITED
HATE GLAZER

Your not United supporters, anyone who gives their club a bad name are not very supportive! You are simply mindless idiots who have no interest in football just chaos. Why hate a clubs owner who has provided a team that became champions of Europe last year you dumb git! P**s of back to the hole you came from, your are the scum that you sing about when singing Leeds songs, oh and learn to spell you thick t**t.

As for anyone who attended this game and now is left with a bad impression of Alty, especially the first time visitors please see through the fact that this is not a usual scene, we have an extremely friendly club, the decision to play FCUM may have been a risk and even more so judging by today, but as for United i don't recall anything like this from last seasons United game, only the FCUM game. You can't blame the club for wanting to play a United side hoping for a name and a good attendance, not to mention a good work out for our lads, i can guarantee if we did not play them one year, but they played every other local team we would have people moaning "why don't we get to play United and reap the benefits".

Rant over......for now!

I'm not atchuli an FC fan I'm just wondering why they are getting the blame for somthing a differnet team has done when you cant prove ALL of them were FC fans

tameside

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2008, 07:31:27 PM »

sorry to hear about your troubles today.
For the record myself and 350+ other  FC fans were all at kettering today, and i feel that its not right to blame any FC United of Manchester involvement with todays events.
Regarding tuesday lots of people at the game today are looking forward to tuesdays game, please remember there are genuine supporters out there. I know how you feel because every fc away the local inbreds turn up to cause trouble ie fleetwood, and garforth ( leeds) are2 examples were knobs turn up.
Hope you all enjoy the game better than todays , good luck for the coming season
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 07:36:44 PM by tameside »

markecky

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2008, 07:31:52 PM »

Me?

I reckon there was a few FC fans among them.  Not blaming FC United though before your forum goes into overdrive.

The rest were just tagging on to 10-15 bigger lads who were up for it.  Some 14 yr old scruffs were quite comical.

Timperley...sorry but £10 says you are Timperley Red from the FC United forum so drop the bollocks.

Alty365

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2008, 07:34:44 PM »

I don't think the board are to blame in any way for today's events. We played United many times before FC Utd came on the scene and they were always good games played in a warm and friendly atmosphere. These hangers-on who came today are nothing to do with Manchester United in my view, they were FC United fans out to cause trouble and seriously misbehave.

I also echo the view that our stewards, as volunteers, can only be expected to do so much in these situations. I think it would be unfair to expect them to compromise their own safety by meeting these thugs head-on. The bottom line is the Police reaction was disgracefully slow and there is absolutely no doubt that if they had turned up when they should have done a lot of this trouble would have been avoided.

Once again, nobody at Altrincham F.C. is to blame in any way for today's disgraceful events.

RocketDan

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2008, 07:36:52 PM »

i take it the match wasn't segregated?

it probly should have been.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Absolute Disgrace