PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Absolute Disgrace
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Absolute Disgrace  (Read 126942 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Absolute Disgrace
« Reply #165 on: July 21, 2008, 09:46:45 AM »

Alright,

Im a Leigh Genesis (RMI) fan, and ive had a good read of all 11 pages of chatter on this subject.
Firstly i think its every alty fans right to be annoyed by the events that happened at the game, as any fan would be if away fans kick off inside their ground and ruin a football match.

From hearing what happened, it sounds pathetic and its exactly what we dont need in football these days. Unfortunately it is also what is plaguing higher end football. So it is no shock that trouble starts when a higher profile and league club turn up is it?

Leigh hosted the first FCUM game in their history and it was a momentus and enjoyable day for everyone. Since that day i havent heard of much if any trouble from FCUM fans at any games. So i dont think its on to immediately point the finger at them. It makes much more sense to suspect MUFC fans, they are bred in the background of premier league football where a bunch of T**ts can hide behind the pysique of their club. With the close (even if unwanted) connection of clubs in everyones mind, it isnt a shock that they get tarred with the same brush.
We all know true fans dont cause trouble like this, and with FCUM being away i doubt any of the remainder would want to watch united, even if they did i dont think they were the core of trouble. It all seems to smell too much like higher league trouble, and there wannabe tough guys having a run out, to try and prove they are tough.

As for segregation, it will be a sad day where Non-league football is segregated. Most fans at this level, enjoy walking around the ground, swapping ends at half time, chatting to the locals and really getting a feel for the club. I know i spent many years as a youngster running around many grounds and time in my adult life enjoying the company of the opposing fans. The only issue we have with this is when clubs like FCUM, Boston etc go up/drop down to divisions where away support is generally very light, clubs are not used to dealing with their fan base, and so possible segragation for these type of games? But it would be horrible to think all games ending up segragated.

I've only got fond memories of spending time at alty, and will be trying to get to the FCUM game this year.

Was chatting to you new left back on Staurday night he had high hopes for your season and says your new owner has a bit of cash.

All the best for the season ahead  :)
ParkINson's red and white army

chrisrufc

« Reply #166 on: July 21, 2008, 10:18:00 AM »

Phil Callaghan (St Ambrose College) wrote
at 9:06pm on July 19th, 2008
Hey hey!
I hear the Stretford Squirrels were behind today's trouble yet us f**ken FC fans are getting the blame. Anyway I don't give a f**k I hate Alty fans. Hope you kicked their heads in ;)

Republik of Mancunia

::) I've always thought the Man Utd breed are a bit strange

Butty

« Reply #167 on: July 21, 2008, 10:22:30 AM »

Phil Callaghan (St Ambrose College) wrote
at 9:06pm on July 19th, 2008
Hey hey!
I hear the Stretford Squirrels were behind today's trouble yet us f**ken FC fans are getting the blame. Anyway I don't give a f**k I hate Alty fans. Hope you kicked their heads in ;)

Republik of Mancunia

::) I've always thought the Man Utd breed are a bit strange

Ooh, I know who's parents I'll be speaking to the next time I see them then...

markecky

« Reply #168 on: July 21, 2008, 10:27:32 AM »

Anyone know what time St Ambrose finish? ;D

Silkyman23

« Reply #169 on: July 21, 2008, 10:29:37 AM »

I've not seen the papers today.

So did this get the coverage it deserved in the M.E.N. or are they sweeping it under the carpet?

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 21, 2008, 10:30:17 AM »

Anyone know what time St Ambrose finish? ;D

Silly boy has probably never met an Alty fan, yet says he hates them

Butty

« Reply #171 on: July 21, 2008, 10:33:44 AM »

To be honest, Phil is the sort of person who would have those beliefs. He is a stereotypical FC fan, who has no respect for the Non League game, had only ever before been to Premiership football before FC were formed.

DarrenH

« Reply #172 on: July 21, 2008, 01:16:17 PM »

The Stretford Squirrells - watch your nuts boys !!!!!

Has there been any statement yet from Man U or are they ignoring the issue ?

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 21, 2008, 01:19:05 PM »

Silly boy has probably never met an Alty fan, yet says he hates them

Well he know's me for a start. But being hated by Phil you're in a hell of a lot of company. He's a nice guy though once you get past that.

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #174 on: July 21, 2008, 01:26:11 PM »

As a United regular and Alty part timer I was particularly interested to see how MUFC would handle Saturday's events, fully expecting the PR machine to come out at some point on the website to condemn the troublemakers... yet still no mention of the game, result (or lack thereof) or any of the aftermath to be found on ManUtd.com.

No surprises there though I suppose.

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #175 on: July 21, 2008, 01:36:03 PM »

There is however a brief mention on the youth forums... although calling the 84 minutes a 'watchable encounter' is a bit strong...

http://manunitedyouth.wordpress.com/2008/07/20/altrincham-0-united-reserves-3/

wythenshawered

« Reply #176 on: July 21, 2008, 05:54:41 PM »

Talk about a mard over reaction lads.

It's not been giving the media attention you lot think it should have because it wasn't a patch on what you're perceiving it as.

Acting very small time and continuing to pull the 'local, friendly, innocent non league club' card out is rather amusing.

Get over it, play FCUM and start your season. You lot are like a bunch of women.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 21, 2008, 06:05:14 PM »

It's not been giving the media attention you lot think it should have because it wasn't a patch on what you're perceiving it as.

Acting very small time and continuing to pull the 'local, friendly, innocent non league club' card out is rather amusing.

Get over it, play FCUM and start your season. You lot are like a bunch of women.

I suppose you wouldn't mind your local boozer being ransacked by your neighbours pissed up 14 year old and his mates then would you ? Theres much less than that goes on in society that makes the papers these days !!

Don't recall one post on here complaining Altrincham FC  hasn't recieved media attention over it tbh

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 21, 2008, 07:30:20 PM »

And just a quick one, I don't particularly like the 2 lads that confronted your player and thought it was rather embarassing. However, a lad of 14 who I know ran on the pitch and one of the Altrincham players slide tacked him and through him to the floor trying to kick him in doing so.

You should have tried it at last years friendly mate, with a bit of pace you'd probably have slipped past Tinno.  :D

markecky

« Reply #179 on: July 21, 2008, 07:39:45 PM »

I wouldn't expect you to understand for a minute mate.  Our club live day to day. 

Today we will be putting an order in for some more glasses for the bar and getting someone to fix the ceiling.  The cost will probably wipe the profit on the next couple of golden goals.  Sounds small time but its true. 

We'll see if the groundsman can fix the back of that stand or if we need to get someone in.  We'll be ringing around the sponsors who came for a day to see if we can repair the damage and if they will part with the money that will pay part of the weekly playing budget.  We won't know how many kids won't be allowed to come again after that.

If a load of scousers smash the seats at Old Trafford and kick the sinks of the wall, then it a bit of an annoyance but the maintenance team will sort it in a few hours.

You won't understand but Saturday was like someone smashing our house up. 

Of course, worse happens at most football league grounds most weeks.  I know that most of the people involved will say that was nothing to what they could have done.

To us it was not needed.  A lot of Alty fans are Reds as well and we need United and City fans when we have a cup game.  I stupidly thought that maybe you look on us in a  patronising way as that club down the road and come down occasionally.

Thats why we are upset.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Absolute Disgrace