PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Absolute Disgrace
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Absolute Disgrace  (Read 127421 times)

altyaltyalty

Re: Absolute Disgrace
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2008, 07:37:38 PM »

Their atchuli not FC united stickers, theres people who hate FCUM and still Hate Glazer. Oh yeah and stop crying you mard arses ;D

LOVE UNITED
HATE GLAZER

Your not United supporters, anyone who gives their club a bad name are not very supportive! You are simply mindless idiots who have no interest in football just chaos. Why hate a clubs owner who has provided a team that became champions of Europe last year you dumb git! P**s of back to the hole you came from, your are the scum that you sing about when singing Leeds songs, oh and learn to spell you thick t**t.

As for anyone who attended this game and now is left with a bad impression of Alty, especially the first time visitors please see through the fact that this is not a usual scene, we have an extremely friendly club, the decision to play FCUM may have been a risk and even more so judging by today, but as for United i don't recall anything like this from last seasons United game, only the FCUM game. You can't blame the club for wanting to play a United side hoping for a name and a good attendance, not to mention a good work out for our lads, i can guarantee if we did not play them one year, but they played every other local team we would have people moaning "why don't we get to play United and reap the benefits".

Rant over......for now!

I'm not atchuli an FC fan I'm just wondering why they are getting the blame for somthing a differnet team has done when you cant prove ALL of them were FC fans

If you were one of those clowns today please don't insult us by referring to yourself as a FAN, your not a United fan, a FCUM fan or even a football fan, those clowns are hooligans, the sort that i thought we got rid of a long time ago.

baldrick

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2008, 07:39:00 PM »

If a friendly needs to be segregated it should not be played.

Alty365

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2008, 07:39:15 PM »

i take it the match wasn't segregated?

it probly should have been.

In all fairness mate, there was no precedent from previous friendlies against Man Utd to suggest that segregation would have been necessary today.

Alex_c

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2008, 07:39:44 PM »

It was a bunch of kids who were pissed, people saying they were Fc united fans is bulltsh*t, just because people were sticking Love united Hate Glazer dont mean its Fc fans ::) or did you recognize the Fc 'head cases' personally ::) ::)

Alty365

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2008, 07:40:44 PM »

"timperley", you never answered my question: Do you think it is clever to hit women?

timperley

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2008, 07:47:20 PM »

"timperley", you never answered my question: Do you think it is clever to hit women?

Oh sorry- I dont think any of it was clever, I didnt realise women had been hit but I'm just saying its wrong to blame FC United fans when there is no proof

malcolm

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2008, 07:56:13 PM »

I didn't go today but did go last season and that was a great game, good crowd and very friendly, I think it is harsh to blame FCUM as someone else already said these yobs are from Altrincham, but regardless Im waiting to see what Man united as a Club will do after all they brought a team to play a freindly and they couldn't finish the game, it was a very young squad I bet they were terrified. Come on Utd do the right thing here. Im also told that there is never a problem at Northwich when Utd play their reserves. This was yobs using a football game and were not supportwers of any team
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 08:08:38 PM by malcolm »

altyf

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2008, 08:06:43 PM »

RocketDan spot on, should have been segregated.

But it is not the boards fault, nor anyone at Altrincham FC. We have NEVER had any trouble with United in the past and so there wasn't much reason to segregate. After all, many United fans may have gone in the home end anyway. I'm not at all blaming FC United and I know there are real fans out there but there is no doubt most of the fans causing trouble were FC United fans and whilst it would be a shame to call off the game on tuesday, it has to be done. Don't blame us, blame the hooligans that have ruined it for everyone.

timperley

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2008, 08:09:07 PM »

Me?

I reckon there was a few FC fans among them.  Not blaming FC United though before your forum goes into overdrive.

The rest were just tagging on to 10-15 bigger lads who were up for it.  Some 14 yr old scruffs were quite comical.

Timperley...sorry but £10 says you are Timperley Red from the FC United forum so drop the bollocks.

Atchully its not, I did try signing up for it quite a while ago just to see what it was all about, but you cant use hotmail adress' on their forum but fair play thinking that I was ;)

Alex_c

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2008, 08:11:00 PM »

RocketDan spot on, should have been segregated.
t most of the fans causing trouble were FC United fans and whilst it would be a shame to call off the game on tuesday, it has to be done. Don't blame us, blame the hooligans that have ruined it for everyone.

you are talking sh*te most Fc fans were at Kettering, it was kids who were set out on trouble before the game and had a little too  much beer

Alty365

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2008, 08:16:23 PM »

most Fc fans were at Kettering

That is totally untrue. Average FC United home gate: approx 2,000. Number of FC United fans at Kettering today: approx 350.

I'm no Carol Vorderman but that leaves about 1,650 regular FC United fans who were at a loose end today.

altyf

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2008, 08:18:59 PM »

You cannot tell me that all FC United fans went to Kettering today when a lot of them live near or in Alty. Trust someone who was at the game today, whilst there were young United fans involved in the trouble, many of them were FC United fans from around the area.

altyf

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2008, 08:21:33 PM »

MESSENGER REPORT

ALTRINCHAM FC's high profile friendly against Manchester United was abandoned after a Robins player was attacked by drunken fans.

Greg Young was physically confronted by a United supporter during a mass pitch invasion five minutes before the end of the game.

It meant the game was called to a premature halt with the visitors' young side leading 3-0.

The incident capped an afternoon of trouble at Moss Lane.

Before kick off a female employee of the club had been attacked by a visiting supporter who had attempted to gain entry to the ground without paying.

Then, at half time, rowdy fans caused damage to the Moss Lane bar, climbing on tables and throwing bottles and glasses through the air.

An unconfirmed amount of alcohol was also stolen from an off-licence on Moss Lane opposite the ground.

As of yet, no arrests have been made.

Now Altrincham vice chairman Grahame Rowley believes the club have to seriously consider whether to call off Tuesday's friendly with FC United, a club set up by breakaway Manchester United supporters.

The Unibond Premier side are expected to bring a large following with them to Moss Lane and there was crowd trouble in the previous meeting between the two teams when fighting broke out on the terraces.

"I have never been so embarrassed in my life," said Rowley.

"This was a sponsors' open day for us but who would want to sponsor the club after seeing scenes like this, I know I wouldn't.

"I think we need to sit down now and decide whether to go ahead with Tuesday night's game. We're not sure at the moment."

Although trouble began before the game, incidents escalated during the second half when visiting supporters in the Golf Road End began to climb on safety barriers and let off smoke bombs.

Then, five minutes before the end, a large group of fans made their way onto the pitch, one of them confronting Young before shoving the defender in his chest.

Some of Young's Altrincham teammates quickly came to his aid before the troublemakers dispersed after the arrival of police.

A Greater Manchester Police spokesman added: "We were informed at 3.45pm of a small number of drunken fans who had attended a friendly football game.

"Officers did attend and at that point spirits were deemed OK.

"But a pitch invasion occured, stewards couldn't deal with it and police support was called for.

"By the time police arrived at the scene, the fans had dispersed into the streets of Altrincham. No arrests were made."

markecky

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2008, 08:25:58 PM »

I'm sorry but I'm not having the fact that, without hindsight, there was any reason to segregate a friendly match between an unheard of United 11 and Alty. 

Never been a hint of trouble at any friendly other than the FC united one ever. 

No one is ever arsed enough about the games.

As Baldrick says if you have to segregate a friendly you are picking the wrong teams.

The sad fact is that there is a greater worry with this...today was an open day for potential sponsors.  Not sure they will be back soon.

andy_jh

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2008, 08:27:21 PM »

I don't think the board are to blame in any way for today's events. We played United many times before FC Utd came on the scene and they were always good games played in a warm and friendly atmosphere. These hangers-on who came today are nothing to do with Manchester United in my view, they were FC United fans out to cause trouble and seriously misbehave.

I also echo the view that our stewards, as volunteers, can only be expected to do so much in these situations. I think it would be unfair to expect them to compromise their own safety by meeting these thugs head-on. The bottom line is the Police reaction was disgracefully slow and there is absolutely no doubt that if they had turned up when they should have done a lot of this trouble would have been avoided.

Once again, nobody at Altrincham F.C. is to blame in any way for today's disgraceful events.

Where do you think fcum fans come from? Exactly.

This was an anti-Glazer protest. Not an FCUM rally, not "bullying" of Alty. How many Alty fans were attacked?

And what happened to this woman who was "attacked"?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Absolute Disgrace