PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Absolute Disgrace
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Absolute Disgrace  (Read 127402 times)

wythenshawered

Re: Absolute Disgrace
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2008, 08:27:46 PM »

I was there today with the 'yobs' and yes I admit it was embarassing at times. I've signed up to this forum to clear FC's name and I can confirm that there was NO FC UNITED FANS at moss lane today whatsoever, and to the dick head who posted something along the lines of 'how can you hate your owner when you are european champions?' well that level of understanding of said situation suggests you shouldn't comment on it mate. Slightly annoyed about the bar getting smashed up as it's you who have to pay and most these lads were altrincham kids who had obviously seen that a group of match going reds were having a good sing song ala 1st half behind the goal. A lot of lads who went today were in Moscow and travel europe and we were just out for a sing song pre season, banging on the stands....dont be so mard lads. I can see a few football banning orders for the culprits.

timperley

« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2008, 08:35:01 PM »

I was there today with the 'yobs' and yes I admit it was embarassing at times. I've signed up to this forum to clear FC's name and I can confirm that there was NO FC UNITED FANS at moss lane today whatsoever, and to the dick head who posted something along the lines of 'how can you hate your owner when you are european champions?' well that level of understanding of said situation suggests you shouldn't comment on it mate. Slightly annoyed about the bar getting smashed up as it's you who have to pay and most these lads were altrincham kids who had obviously seen that a group of match going reds were having a good sing song ala 1st half behind the goal. A lot of lads who went today were in Moscow and travel europe and we were just out for a sing song pre season, banging on the stands....dont be so mard lads. I can see a few football banning orders for the culprits.

well said. If there were a clapping emotion I would use it

wythenshawered

« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2008, 08:38:40 PM »

So now you have turned it into a personal slanging match.

How cute, I'll leave you to moan on Red Issue.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2008, 08:41:22 PM »

So if there were no FC fans, where did they get the stickers from?

As for going to watch them in Europe. LMFAO. As if that bunch of Shameless lookalikes could afford tickets. I bet it was there first time at a United match because of either being a scrounger or being banned.

Alex_c

« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2008, 08:46:33 PM »

So if there were no FC fans, where did they get the stickers from?

As for going to watch them in Europe. LMFAO. As if that bunch of Shameless lookalikes could afford tickets. I bet it was there first time at a United match because of either being a scrounger or being banned.

loads of united fans have Love United Hate Glazer very easy to get, always in and around Old Trafford

wythenshawered

« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2008, 08:47:48 PM »

The stickers are off the internet, LUHG is not an FC United thing as such. I've got the stickers and I've never been to an FC game in my life.

Open your eyes, many lads nowadays can't afford tickets at all and most struggle to get them as it is. There are ways round not having tickets, all depends on what they personally feel they have to do to watch United and what extremes they will go to but that is a different discussion point. As an Altrincham fan it may be hard to grasp, reading your comments it seems even your club has deteriorated in terms of the common fan and that shocks me as you are a local club with terraces etc and a bit of history....Prawn sandwiches in the Carol Nash stand  ;D

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2008, 08:50:44 PM »

The whole thing sounds dreadful, lets be sensible in future, no more "friendlies" against teams who are unable to understand the concept.

Anyone on here trying to condone what went on should really take a look at themselves and why they watch football. As for "Timperley" a member for a while on here, if people take a look at your profile you only ever comment on MU/FCUM issues.

I would sincerely hope the club will be writing to MU about today requesting their comments regarding any damage caused to the ground and the clubs relationship with our neighbours. I shudder to think what the town centre was like too.

All that fuss about Millwall eh?

To the board, money is important but PSFs are about getting a squad together. The fans can generate money as can a successful team.

Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

markecky

« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2008, 08:54:51 PM »

I don't think the board are to blame in any way for today's events. We played United many times before FC Utd came on the scene and they were always good games played in a warm and friendly atmosphere. These hangers-on who came today are nothing to do with Manchester United in my view, they were FC United fans out to cause trouble and seriously misbehave.

I also echo the view that our stewards, as volunteers, can only be expected to do so much in these situations. I think it would be unfair to expect them to compromise their own safety by meeting these thugs head-on. The bottom line is the Police reaction was disgracefully slow and there is absolutely no doubt that if they had turned up when they should have done a lot of this trouble would have been avoided.

Once again, nobody at Altrincham F.C. is to blame in any way for today's disgraceful events.

Where do you think fcum fans come from? Exactly.

This was an anti-Glazer protest. Not an FCUM rally, not "bullying" of Alty. How many Alty fans were attacked?

And what happened to this woman who was "attacked"?

How many Alty fans would have been attacked if we had told you to "f**k off"?

andy_jh

« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2008, 08:57:35 PM »

I don't think the board are to blame in any way for today's events. We played United many times before FC Utd came on the scene and they were always good games played in a warm and friendly atmosphere. These hangers-on who came today are nothing to do with Manchester United in my view, they were FC United fans out to cause trouble and seriously misbehave.

I also echo the view that our stewards, as volunteers, can only be expected to do so much in these situations. I think it would be unfair to expect them to compromise their own safety by meeting these thugs head-on. The bottom line is the Police reaction was disgracefully slow and there is absolutely no doubt that if they had turned up when they should have done a lot of this trouble would have been avoided.

Once again, nobody at Altrincham F.C. is to blame in any way for today's disgraceful events.

Where do you think fcum fans come from? Exactly.

This was an anti-Glazer protest. Not an FCUM rally, not "bullying" of Alty. How many Alty fans were attacked?

And what happened to this woman who was "attacked"?

How many Alty fans would have been attacked if we had told you to "f**k off"?

Answering a question with a question - always a sign that you have no answer.

As for "if we had told you to f**k off?" - I don't know. I didn't go. I'm not a Man United supporter. Just trying to help you see sense. More difficult than I anticipated, bless your hearts.

timperley

« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2008, 09:00:53 PM »

The whole thing sounds dreadful, lets be sensible in future, no more "friendlies" against teams who are unable to understand the concept.

Anyone on here trying to condone what went on should really take a look at themselves and why they watch football. As for "Timperley" a member for a while on here, if people take a look at your profile you only ever comment on MU/FCUM issues.

I would sincerely hope the club will be writing to MU about today requesting their comments regarding any damage caused to the ground and the clubs relationship with our neighbours. I shudder to think what the town centre was like too.

All that fuss about Millwall eh?

To the board, money is important but PSFs are about getting a squad together. The fans can generate money as can a successful team.

That is because I am a MUFC fan who has respect for FCUM but dont go to the games and take a big interest in them and I am sorry for my first comment it was out of order and childish I'm not trying to argue I just want people to be fair- if it was FC United fans then fair anough but I think people are seriosuly jumping to conclusions.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2008, 09:05:32 PM »

You know the chav families from the local social housing estates, where everything is impossible and nothing is ever their fault, well here we go, they grow up like these "visitors". Sorry Utd fans for being here, sorry for having a problem with you causing bother and trying to trash our ground, sorry for not understanding how the world is against you.

Grow up and take some responsibility you morons.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

markecky

« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2008, 09:05:53 PM »

Wind your neck in then if you have no interest.

What I am saying is that no Alty fans were attacked because they had the brains to keep their mouths shut. 

If they hadn't they would have been attacked.  How hard is that to understand?

Whats happened to the woman who was attacked?  She was very shaken from what I could see and gave details to the police.

As for where for do FCUM fans come from...I'd say some come from Man United and some come from around the region.

Is that clear enough for you?

This was no protest.  It was 100 pissed up lads, a few who had stickers, taking liberties at Alty because they know we have no lads and they thought they could do what they liked.  Which they did.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 09:07:28 PM by markecky »

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2008, 09:07:07 PM »

From the talking Steward at the back of the Chequers end.
My name is Steve from Sale, those of you who know me I have been an ardent Alty Fan now for the last 34 years. Despite the slightly more concilitary nature of CB's last posting, I still take offence to his original posting and his severe criticism of me in particular, and also my colleagues. I was the steward at the back of the Chequers End, who at the time was talking to my son when the problems started. I radioed the head steward immediately I saw the 1st youth climb the fence, There was no way I could have got to the area quickly enough to stop the invasion. Sorry but as a steward I am entitled to talk to away fans and also our home supporters should the need arise, and certainly members of my own family. That is also part of my job as steward, partly peacekeeping and partly to engage the trust of away fans.

The bad behavoiur was down to the fans themselves, the Alty fans played no part in this whatsover. The correct way to deal with this was carried out by the club but they did not get the back up they needed from outside, despite several requests.

Please remember we are all volunteers, Mark Ecky was exactly right in his reply, which smacks of common sense. I love my family very much and wish to be there for them, and my club also, and will not endanger myself or others by putting our life's at risk. Anybody with an ounce of common sense should see that without putting stupid derogatory comments about us.

Fair play, things went wrong today but we are stewards who are responsible for our own safety and our fans and everybody in the ground. The last thing we need when we try and do our best to do our job is criticism when we have not put our lives on the line. We are trained stewards qualified to NVQ standards, but we are not the police. Any head-on confrontation would have made matters worse for everybody. Who would tell my wife I had been attacked and seriously injured, and may not live through it, you CB?!!!

Everybody knows who I am, I have started stewarding as a volounteer once again this season, but will walk away from both this and the club if we get unjust criticism.

Once again, my name is Steve from Sale and a bloody angry one at that, and I certainly do not hide myself with initials.

Steve From Sale

Alex_c

« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2008, 09:11:13 PM »

good point guys ::) lets cancel all other friendlies because I heard blackburn,Stalybridge and Bradford fans where there with stickers about Leeds and Burnley and Trafford :o ::) ::) so I think its best to cancel the rest even tho they are different teams ::) ::) ::)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2008, 09:17:11 PM »

good point guys ::) lets cancel all other friendlies because I heard blackburn,Stalybridge and Bradford fans where there with stickers about Leeds and Burnley and Trafford :o ::) ::) so I think its best to cancel the rest even tho they are different teams ::) ::) ::)

What I dont get is why you are sticking up for a load of pissed up kids who were well out of order
Bernard Taylors barmy army
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Absolute Disgrace