PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Absolute Disgrace
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Absolute Disgrace  (Read 126949 times)

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Absolute Disgrace
« on: July 19, 2008, 05:16:46 PM »

I'm far too angry to put my feelings into words at the moment.

Man Utd/FSCUM should *never* be allowed to play at Moss Lane again.

What were the stewards/people at the gate doing letting in clearly drunk people with 6 packs of lager?

What were the stewards doing at half time whilst Utd fans were allowed to run on to the pitch? Well, one was standing at the top of the Chequers end chatting to someone, whilst another was stood near the toilets watching everything but the fans he was supposed to. When the kids ran on to the pitch, one 'large' steward on the main stand side watched and did nothing.

What were the stewards doing when anti-Glazer stickers were being stuck to the barriers/floodlights?

What were the stewards doing in the 2nd half when the fans were standing on the barriers, openly drinking, setting off flares and kicking the hell out of the Golf Road stand? Standing by idly whilst watching the match.

Why wasn't the match called off earlier?

Why wasn't the game stopped and an announcement over the PA system telling them to pack it in or it would be called off?

Why wasn't the police called earlier?

What was Rowley doing? Counting the gate receipt money?

Happy now?

The FSCUM match should be called off and both sides banned from coming to Moss Lane again.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Absolute Disgrace
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 05:22:01 PM »

What the hell happened?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Ian

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 05:30:27 PM »

Totally agree, they do seem to have a lot of moronic fans, the stewards are out of their depth with this sort of fan and the FCUM match should not go ahead, the main instigators of the trouble today from what I saw were FCUM fans.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 05:31:27 PM »

Totally agree, they do seem to have a lot of moronic fans, the stewards are out of their depth with this sort of fan and the FCUM match should not go ahead, the main instigators of the trouble today from what I saw were FCUM fans.

did the game finish ?

Ian

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 05:36:01 PM »

The game was abandoned with about eight minutes left to play.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 05:38:41 PM »

The stewards were powerless to act in this situation, clearly a large group of idiots against a few stewards has only one result.
As all the stupid fans causing trouble were walking, they were not "clearly drunk". I think security does need to be closely looked at again, with teams such as oxford, york, mansfield, wrexham and northwich bringing large amounts of supporters, we need to do everything possible to promote our friendly club. what we dont need are friendlies against teams with a lot of stupid idiots as supporters.

I have been informed police were called at half time at first, and given a response time of five minutes. Then in all five calls were made to 999 asking where the hell the police were. The response time was far too slow, about 50 mins. As soon as the police turned up, the utd fans went on the pitch.

The match was abandoned with 5 mins to go, not exactly good publicity for both teams. i only hope man utd have the decency to apologise for the behaviour of their fans and offer some sort of recompense.

Although the man utd fans were causing a large amount of noise, the stewards would have caused more problems if they had tried to move in and take some sort of action.

Butty

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 05:43:55 PM »

I agree with Casper, there would have been only one outcome if the stewards had taken action. The "United" fans that were there were a disgrace. I also agree that, with todays events in mind, Tuesday's game should be cancelled. They are bound to take more than 70-odd fans, and will be a lot more difficult to handle, meaning that nothing short of a police presence in the ground will do anything. Police will cost us, and for a pre season friendly with not many fans expected, is it worth paying this amount on police?

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 05:45:54 PM »

Did any of the ground get damaged at all? and how many utd fans were there today?

Butty

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 05:50:41 PM »

Not sure about the damage, it's a wonder the Golf Road stand it still standing after the beating it got, and Id say there was around 150 of them, and about 100 of them were pissheads.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 05:51:51 PM »

Lots of the trouble makers were sticking FCUM stickers on the goals , terracing, I agree cancel Tuesday, or are we going to here this self policing just a handfull of trouble makers poo again.
On a positive point no alty fans involved at all.
What response for the family who thinks they might give the football a go, we wont be seeing some of them again, and not our fault.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 06:09:14 PM »

I was stood next to a couple of people today who said "they told us this was going to happen" which I believe to mean that these fans had made it clear that they were planning to cause trouble - does this mean that the club were also aware that there could have been trouble? If so, why didn't we do anything about it??

Also, about 2 minutes into the game there was an altercation in the away end which ended up with a scum fan having to be held back by other scum fans to stop him attacking one of our stewards - no action was taken (Graeme Rowley was actually in the middle of it and saw it all) and it ended in the stewards walking away and leaving these fans to continue to cause trouble. If it was nipped in the bud 2 minutes into the game could the disgusting scenes we witnessed with 5 minutes to go (which included Greg Young being physically provoked by fans on the pitch) have been prevented?

timperley

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 06:23:21 PM »

Their atchuli not FC united stickers, theres people who hate FCUM and still Hate Glazer. Oh yeah and stop crying you mard arses ;D

LOVE UNITED
HATE GLAZER

Alty365

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 06:27:43 PM »

The club need to act now and get this match on Tuesday night called off. I don't want these scumbags near Moss Lane ever again, they were complete pond life.

We should try getting City down here next summer, their fans are a bit more civilised.

I hope the "brave man" who attacked a female member of the Alty staff dies a very slow and painful death and soon. f**king bunch of brainless cowards.

Alty365

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 06:28:46 PM »

Their atchuli not FC united stickers, theres people who hate FCUM and still Hate Glazer. Oh yeah and stop crying you mard arses ;D

LOVE UNITED
HATE GLAZER

Brainless prick. Do you think it's clever to attack women?

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2008, 06:30:05 PM »

LOVE UNITED
HATE GLAZER

Pikey scum.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Absolute Disgrace