PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FC United on Tuesday
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: FC United on Tuesday  (Read 11843 times)

The Fan

Re: FC United on Tuesday
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2008, 11:28:38 AM »

Would be interesting to know the Board's reasons for non cancellation:

a) It's a vital game in terms of preperation for the squad
b) We need to show that trouble makers won't beat us
c) Who cares if there's a fans boycott, they will bring loads so get the swag bags ready !!!!! 

James Black

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2008, 11:32:45 AM »

As usual James you have spectacularly missed the point. No friendly game should require liaison with local police and/or segregation. A lot of Alty fans never wanted this fixture to take place after what happened a couple of years ago and are therefore voting with their feet.

As I could also not give two sh*ts whether we win or lose this game I fail to see why it is necessary to "get behind the lads" for a pointless friendly. As I said previously it can be played behind closed doors for all I care.

I agree police and stewards shouldn't be required and that i am one of these that feel the board are stupid in lettting this game go ahead clearly on a money front a request from me can the money go to pay for catering facilities to go in the away end cheers just a hint. anyway going back to the point yes the game should not be played but it is so i'm going.

Fc United won't win the match and they certainly won't stop me going to watch my team. Friendlies are a thing of the past these days Players are starting to treat them seriously
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 11:36:31 AM by James Black »

Jezza

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2008, 11:38:24 AM »

I struggle to get to any game so my non attendance will not be a shock to the club or a financial disaster.

However even if my circumstances or priorities were different I would not have attended the FCUM match even if Saturday had not happened.

I hope the match passes off without incident for FCUMs sake as much as ours as if there is any trouble then they're gonna have a job coming on here blaming the Stretford/Salford faction aren't they?

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2008, 12:23:43 PM »

Its not about hurting the club or not supporting the team, I love alty but I will not be attending on a point of principle, the agro 2 years ago was terrible, the club told us that we wouldnt play them again.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

lukealty12

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2008, 12:28:06 PM »

Ill be attending on tuesday, i think some people have made to much out of it.

Jenga

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2008, 12:35:17 PM »

The club clearly dont listen to the fans.

There are many people who attend regularly at Alty who are not coming to the match tomorrow me included.

I hope the match passes without incident but something horrible inside me says it wont and then what will the board say to everyone or worse what will they say to any injured party ???

James Black

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2008, 12:46:31 PM »

Jenga I agree 100% the board sit in there seats and think there more important than everyone behind the goal singing from 1st to last minute. Then when it comes to them saying something they don't take the fans into consideration.Having tuesdays game will hopefully prove that unfortnatly. Fingers crossed it doesn't but if someone gets injured it just might open up some eyes.Best statement ever two years ago We'll never have Fc united here again What a load of bollocks 2 league games we've hosted since then they nearly get us having them here for the FA cup and they finish it off with aranging a friendly.

well done the Alty Board Cheers hope you enjoy tuesday oh what am i on about course you will you won't have the fear in you of getting injured.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2008, 12:54:00 PM »

I believe that everything will be ok and FC United will do a "Told you so" and I really hope thats the case.

The fact is if I INVITED someone into my house and they acted like that they WOULD NOT be welcomed again. Simple as.

I DO NOT agree with the board not caring about the fans... I actually strongly disagree that comment and there will prob be a good turnout and WE will make some money, Altrincham FC making money is hardly a reason to believe the board do not listen or care about the club or fans?

Personally I don't think we should play them but obviously they do and they get the casting vote on that one. Its is the board decision to play it and it my decision not to attend.

DarrenH

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2008, 01:09:38 PM »

At the end of the day the board always has the best interests of Alty at heart and we should back them in their decision.
I am sure they have looked at all the factors prior to making their decision.
Trouble makers should not stop games being played. This sends out totally the wrong message.

As for making money out of the game on Tuesday will we all still be complaining if the money raised allow us to sign a quality player who helps us secure another season in the top flight ???

I think not.

CB - with regard to your boss and his son I would be inclined to give a call to Graeme Rowley at the club and explain this to him and I am sure some free tickets for a league game, maybe with access to the sponsors lounge could be organised for this guy. Let him see what the club is really all about.

baldrick

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2008, 01:37:15 PM »

As for making money out of the game on Tuesday will we all still be complaining if the money raised allow us to sign a quality player who helps us secure another season in the top flight

I don't think this game will earn much. Nobody seems to be going.

markecky

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2008, 01:42:10 PM »

Jenga I agree 100% the board sit in there seats and think there more important than everyone behind the goal singing from 1st to last minute. Then when it comes to them saying something they don't take the fans into consideration.Having tuesdays game will hopefully prove that unfortnatly. Fingers crossed it doesn't but if someone gets injured it just might open up some eyes.Best statement ever two years ago We'll never have Fc united here again What a load of bollocks 2 league games we've hosted since then they nearly get us having them here for the FA cup and they finish it off with aranging a friendly.

well done the Alty Board Cheers hope you enjoy tuesday oh what am i on about course you will you won't have the fear in you of getting injured.

James, I was considering deleting that because of the reaction it will get.  Hopefully board members will look at who wrote it and understand.  Maybe you would consider removing it?

I never wanted us to play Fc United.  I believe the board made a bad decision, I've have told the chairman this and its just my opinion.

However its not fair to say the board are safely tucked away in the seats, they spend more time wandering around the ground than sitting down.

DarrenH

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2008, 01:44:22 PM »

As for making money out of the game on Tuesday will we all still be complaining if the money raised allow us to sign a quality player who helps us secure another season in the top flight

I don't think this game will earn much. Nobody seems to be going.

Not too sure. According to another thread FC took 350 to Kettering on Saturday so who knows how many they will bring to Moss Lane.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2008, 01:53:13 PM »

There's a huge amount of point missing going on about what a friendly match means. It just means it is not a competitive game. If you expect hoolies you'd consult the police, landlords and Tesco just as much as you would for a league game.

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2008, 02:15:43 PM »

Why are we tarring all FCUM fans with the same brush?

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2008, 02:55:50 PM »

If the board had cancelled the game, there would be criticism from some quarters and also possible future implications for the club.......... If the board allow the game to go ahead, then there is criticism from some quarters and possible future implications for the club !

They are in a no-win situation and I trust them to make the decision that they believe to be the best decision for Altrincham FC. They are the Board and it is their job to do that and not ours.
Whether or not we agree with the decision depends on where we stand on the issue and also being in possession of the same knowledge and details etc etc. However they have a pretty good record so far.

I think most people will agree that the Board are approachable people and will at least discuss the matter. This is something that most clubs at our level don't have ie a board who discuss matters with fans. I know that many people will say they don't listen, but we need to reflect on this comment and ask how much we believe this to be true.

To finish, I am glad I don't have to make this decision, because I can see good reasons to both cancel and to play, but I will place my trust in the Board on this one and sit on the fence.   
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FC United on Tuesday