PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FC United on Tuesday
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: FC United on Tuesday  (Read 11851 times)

Fcum13

Re: FC United on Tuesday
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2008, 03:00:12 PM »

Why are we tarring all FCUM fans with the same brush?

At last someone talking sense.

Some of you lot need to get over yourselves.

Lets hope we dont get Trafford in the cup again and they need to use your precious ground, rather go all ticket at their place than step foot in your ground.

::)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2008, 03:11:38 PM »

use your precious ground, rather go all ticket at their place than step foot in your ground.

Now I wonder why I don't like you or what your club stands for ???.. Really don;t help your 'perfect image' do you .... Prick.

Fcum13

« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2008, 03:22:32 PM »

use your precious ground, rather go all ticket at their place than step foot in your ground.

Now I wonder why I don't like you or what your club stands for ???.. Really don;t help your 'perfect image' do you .... Prick.

My club stands for fairness and equality, nobody said we wre are perfect. You lot cant even make your minds up about who caused the trouble at Saturday's game but f**k it blame Fc anyway cos of a small incident that happened years ago that was dealt with by our Club in the correct way.

Apologies for the snide comment regarding your ground but it annoys me that my Club have been dragged into something when we were 200 hundred miles away in Kettering.

Anyway enjoy your night tomorrow for those that go, I think you will find it will pass of without incident.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2008, 03:30:07 PM »

I have stated that I hope your club does a 'told you so' and all is ok and I have not blamed Saturday on your fans and even said previously the fans I saw \ spoke to AFTER the FC United match were embarrassed by what happened.

You can understand though when you see a youngster get hit and random punching during a 'friendly' match against a team why it might rattle others and make us dubious about hosting a game against them again.

As I said I do not agree with your club as I think its a bit of "Best of both worlds" about it BUT each to their own and I am sure tomo will be fine.
I was merely sticking up for my club as well and you must remember that FC United of Manchester do approach Altrincham about sing our facilities so they can't be that bad ?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2008, 03:59:07 PM »

If the board had cancelled the game, there would be criticism from some quarters and also possible future implications for the club.......... If the board allow the game to go ahead, then there is criticism from some quarters and possible future implications for the club !

They are in a no-win situation and I trust them to make the decision that they believe to be the best decision for Altrincham FC. They are the Board and it is their job to do that and not ours.
Whether or not we agree with the decision depends on where we stand on the issue and also being in possession of the same knowledge and details etc etc. However they have a pretty good record so far.

I think most people will agree that the Board are approachable people and will at least discuss the matter. This is something that most clubs at our level don't have ie a board who discuss matters with fans. I know that many people will say they don't listen, but we need to reflect on this comment and ask how much we believe this to be true.

To finish, I am glad I don't have to make this decision, because I can see good reasons to both cancel and to play, but I will place my trust in the Board on this one and sit on the fence.   

If the Board hadn't sold their principles by arranging this FCUM game in the first place, then we wouldn't now be embroiled in this fiasco.

Indeed, their record is generally worthy of praise but this matter has been a monumental cock-up. 
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2008, 04:07:18 PM »

they need to use your precious ground

Well, we could compare it to yours, but then you still don't have one of your own do you?

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2008, 04:11:13 PM »

Why are we tarring all FCUM fans with the same brush?

At last someone talking sense.

Some of you lot need to get over yourselves.

Lets hope we dont get Trafford in the cup again and they need to use your precious ground, rather go all ticket at their place than step foot in your ground.

::)

Says the man who's club don't even have their own ground.

Mostonian

« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2008, 05:06:43 PM »

Says the man who's club don't even have their own ground.

But you've not even got a pit to go to.
It's a bit low to be calling the homeless don't you think, but then again, you Cheshire lot with your Range Rovers and champagne breakfasts don't care about social issues do you? Guildford of the North that you are.

Alex

« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2008, 05:09:55 PM »

i have a range rover? great i don't have to get the 11 home then ;D

Mostonian

« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2008, 05:20:02 PM »

i have a range rover? great i don't have to get the 11 home then ;D

The 11? I bet that's a Stagecoach or Arriva bus. Luxury, I tell you.

Alex

« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2008, 05:23:51 PM »

the only luxury i get in wythenshawe is the 11  ::)

Mostonian

« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2008, 05:28:49 PM »

the only luxury i get in wythenshawe is the 11  ::)

Wythenshawe?
The model garden estate? Luxury.
We can't afford gardens round here.

Alex

« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2008, 05:31:19 PM »

garden estate lol more like largest council estate in europe. if you want to keep telling me how bad you have it you can keep replying. personally im off to mow the concreate.

Jenga

« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2008, 06:37:14 PM »

Agree with Cult - if the match had not been arranged in the first place we would have all this.

Talk about should we play or should be cancel should not come into it.

We should be talking about looking forward to playing someone on Tuesday with none of this in the background.

Before anyone says anything, I am not blaming all FCUM fans or Man United fans for the troubles, I am blaming the mindless few against FCUM last time and the mindless thugs on saturday who ruin it for everyone.

It is those thugs that ultimately will blame the state for their poor education, being on the dole and having no money till the day they die.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2008, 06:43:03 PM »

Agree with Cult - if the match had not been arranged in the first place we would have all this.

Talk about should we play or should be cancel should not come into it.

We should be talking about looking forward to playing someone on Tuesday with none of this in the background.

Before anyone says anything, I am not blaming all FCUM fans or Man United fans for the troubles, I am blaming the mindless few against FCUM last time and the mindless thugs on saturday who ruin it for everyone.

It is those thugs that ultimately will blame the state for their poor education, being on the dole and having no money till the day they die.

It is them of that description that end up on that horrid morning show Jeremy 'i shout dont talk' Kyle
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FC United on Tuesday