PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 CAN DRUMS BE BANNED FROM MOSS LANE?
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: CAN DRUMS BE BANNED FROM MOSS LANE?  (Read 22917 times)

Alty365

« on: November 22, 2006, 03:34:00 PM »

It seems to me that drums are extremely unpopular at Moss Lane and a lot of Alty fans would prefer them not to be brought into the ground. I would therefore like to ask Phil Taylor or any club representatives who might read this if it is possible to ban them from being brought into the ground, whether on the grounds of safety or just sheer annoyance.

I sincerely hope this brings us a step closer to making Moss Lane a "drum free zone".

Come on Alty!!!!

Jacko

Re: CAN DRUMS BE BANNED FROM MOSS LANE?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 04:05:44 PM »

Jesus christ you lot would be a top laugh at the world cup or a continental match!!!! Banning drums!!! i'll tell you what lets ban all noise!!! I personally think drum rhythm and football go very well together and adds to the carnival!!!

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 04:25:36 PM »

Loads of Brazillians or Spaniards in a big stadium in the summer with drums and trumpets = carnival

A dozen blokes from, e.g. Morecambe stood on Chequers on a winter evening with monotonous drum beat and nothing else = irritation

Ban the bloody things!

Jesus christ you lot would be a top laugh at the world cup or a continental match!!!! Banning drums!!! i'll tell you what lets ban all noise!!! I personally think drum rhythm and football go very well together and adds to the carnival!!!

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 04:41:17 PM »

BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BANG BANG BANG!!!!! ???

teasybeaver

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 04:49:02 PM »

Notting Hill is a carnival, i wouldn't be to gutted if they banned footballs being kicked around there. Hence, lets go full circle and ban drums from football. International and inter-continental games might be the place for a drum but why can't some of these fans put their heads together and come up with a few colourful chants instead.

And its not like i've seen any budding Keith Moon's in the chequers end in recent years, i've heard more rhythm in Raffo's half time announcements!

Make this thread a petition, all those in favour vent your frustrations below!

Jacko

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 04:53:17 PM »

Could you imagine these fans delight at your protests!!! Come on they would mock you!!! Its theyre job to annoy you as much as possible play a differant tune!!!

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 04:59:28 PM »

If we cant ban them lets get some good chants to embarrass the drummer into submission

Alty365

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 05:05:26 PM »

i've heard more rhythm in Raffo's half time announcements!

;D ;D ;D

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 05:16:57 PM »

Apologies for the re-post, however I believe the point still stands:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I realise that as it is our own ground it seems fair to assume that we should decide upon the rules regarding what goes on inside.

However might it not be seen as a little churlish to ban drums simply because a section of the home crowd finds them annoying? Imposing rules upon the opposition’s supporters that don’t seem to be in place anywhere else (at least not in the Conference) hardly endears the club to them and as such they may be less inclined to spend money in the bar and on food and drinks etc...

Imagine a scenario where you were told that the home fans don't like to hear a lot of noise, so they have decided that as no one in the home crowd shouts or sings the away fans should also be subject to the no shouting or singing rule. To enforce the rule anyone who does shout or sing will be ejected from the ground. No one would like this draconian measure and it would make you see the club that imposed such a rule in a dim light. I know my example is not completely analogous to that of the drum, but what is true is that the away supporter is being constrained from doing what he would like to do, indeed what he may do every week, simply because the home fans find his actions annoying.

I'm pretty apathetic on the issue of drums, but banning them is surely a step too far.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

teasybeaver

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2006, 05:18:30 PM »

Oi Warrington! What the F*$£ is going on with my Karma!  >:(

teasybeaver

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 05:24:44 PM »

Apologies for the re-post, however I believe the point still stands:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I realise that as it is our own ground it seems fair to assume that we should decide upon the rules regarding what goes on inside.

However might it not be seen as a little churlish to ban drums simply because a section of the home crowd finds them annoying? Imposing rules upon the opposition’s supporters that don’t seem to be in place anywhere else (at least not in the Conference) hardly endears the club to them and as such they may be less inclined to spend money in the bar and on food and drinks etc...

Imagine a scenario where you were told that the home fans don't like to hear a lot of noise, so they have decided that as no one in the home crowd shouts or sings the away fans should also be subject to the no shouting or singing rule. To enforce the rule anyone who does shout or sing will be ejected from the ground. No one would like this draconian measure and it would make you see the club that imposed such a rule in a dim light. I know my example is not completely analogous to that of the drum, but what is true is that the away supporter is being constrained from doing what he would like to do, indeed what he may do every week, simply because the home fans find his actions annoying.

I'm pretty apathetic on the issue of drums, but banning them is surely a step too far.

So where do we stand with air horns? At the risk of Warrington bringing further bad karma against me i think your wrong. It's not like its mob rule or anything just a simple no drums rule, its nothing to do with the noise level its just an annoying repetitive sound coming from some pleb with no originality, loud or not!

At the end of the day its not the end of the world but even if we were 4-0 up it would still get right on my man breasts!

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2006, 05:26:03 PM »

Maybe the answer is to send a horde of seven or eight year old girls to run around and scream near them and annoy them into submission.

Jacko

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2006, 05:29:15 PM »

Come on give the morcambe fans a bit of credit they would bang that drum if they were gettin beat not just to annoy

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2006, 05:32:08 PM »

I'd like to know how many fans of clubs that have drummers are irritated by them. Maybe a dedicated musicians area could be designated ie. make him stand on his own.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2006, 05:41:52 PM »

So where do we stand with air horns?

Air horns are deemed to be dangerous, drums are not. They are the rules unfortunately.

I myself don't have any problem with air horns, however I don't make the rules.

At the risk of Warrington bringing further bad karma against me i think your wrong. It's not like its mob rule or anything just a simple no drums rule, its nothing to do with the noise level its just an annoying repetitive sound coming from some pleb with no originality, loud or not!

Fine then; imagine the same scenario I have just outlined, however replace the fact they don't like singing and shouting as it is loud with the reason that they find singing and shouting 'annoying and repetitive'.

We all find lots of things annoying at the match however very few of us demand the offending thing/person/article be banned.

Banning drums would look petty and small-minded IMO and cause more trouble than it is worth. It also rests on using a principle that we would not want used against us when we travel away i.e. we can't do something we do every week because the home fans find it annoying.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 05:43:35 PM by Jimmy Hill »
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team