PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Good Alty Pubs
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Good Alty Pubs  (Read 5353 times)

Little Miss Robin

Good Alty Pubs
« on: July 29, 2008, 04:26:54 PM »

Not just in Alty, but the local area, I want to know which pubs are the most fan friendly, ie welcome groups of supporters before and after matches, put setanta on for games, actively take an interest etc.

Im looking to create a squad of 11 of the most Alty friendly pubs for a page in the programme so any suggestions would be gratefully recieved  :)

Thanks,
Lise x

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Good Alty Pubs
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 04:28:48 PM »

my personal fave is the old market tavern great beer but i dunno about fan friendly.

think its fair to say the most fan friendly pub in alty is the station hotel/porterhouse

baldrick

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 04:35:39 PM »

The Station has Sky but not Setanta. These sites should help. If you want to hire an official Altrincham pub tester i would like to volunteer for the job.

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/results.shtml?l=altrincham

http://www.pubsulike.co.uk/newps/Cheshire/Altrincham.asp

The Red Baron

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 04:46:02 PM »

Bleeding Wolf Hotel? Kelly's Bar? How old is that second website Baldrick?   ;)

Just kidding, there's some useful info on there, especially on that first website which I have seen before.

Incidentally, my favourite Alty pub is the Malt Shovels. The beer is good and it is exceptionally cheap.

King George isn't bad for proximity to the ground, but before a game it's often full of away fans. Maybe that's a good thing as it welcomes everyone, I'm not sure  ???

Longman

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 05:34:38 PM »

I don't mean to incur the wrath of the masses but I personally find Alty pretty crap for pubs.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 05:42:39 PM »

I don't mean to incur the wrath of the masses but I personally find Alty pretty crap for pubs.

It aint what it used to be in Alty thats for sure
ParkINson's red and white army

Ashley Alty

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 06:10:15 PM »

The Tatton Arms, Tipping Street - very friendly and would love to be the venue maybe for away fans?  Big car park, easy walking distance to ground and tram/train station and close to Sainsburys (who don't close when we've got a match on  ::)

Longman

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 06:16:38 PM »

It aint what it used to be in Alty thats for sure

It's dead at weekends now isn't it.

Shame really.

Derek Stubbs

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • thesatmanfootballtv.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 06:51:05 PM »

The Station has Sky but not Setanta. These sites should help. If you want to hire an official Altrincham pub tester i would like to volunteer for the job.

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/results.shtml?l=altrincham

I thought that if pubs already had SKY then Setanta was to be offered Free with no extra charge.
This is for pubs only though as the prices are already high.

cheers

baldrick

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 07:44:18 PM »

I thought that if pubs already had SKY then Setanta was to be offered Free with no extra charge.
This is for pubs only though as the prices are already high.

I was in the Station hoping to see the Rangers v Celtic game. It was advertised on a poster on the wall but when i asked them to put it on i was told they don't have Setanta.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 10:23:19 PM »

Its horses for courses, many folks , myself and mates included look primarily for great quality and a good range of real ale, others look for sports on TV, or good food. As Baldricks link earlier showed, links to suitable websites like BITE give good guidance.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

radcliffe alty

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 10:38:41 PM »

The Tatton Arms, Tipping Street - very friendly and would love to be the venue maybe for away fans?  Big car park, easy walking distance to ground and tram/train station and close to Sainsburys (who don't close when we've got a match on 

A good boozer, but much prefered it before it was done up and when there were about 6 boddies pumps on the double sided bar! It was a great pre-game boozer.

Alty Blue

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 11:09:58 AM »

THe Bakers Arms
The Grapes
The Railway
The Downs

All gone. Only rate Old Market Tavern for beer now. Unicorn is ok for beer, but not for atmosphere. Don't mind Faulkners (always used to be a big Alty FC pub). Brickies is not what it used to be. Roebuck ok. Victoria is more of a foodies pub (though very good food). Rest are either bobbins, or noncy bars.

Hope this helps

RocketDan

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2008, 12:33:51 PM »

Sam Smiths pubs - Cheshire Midland and The Malt Shovels, haven't seemed to notice inflation and are running on prices from 2001.

The unicorn Weatherspoons is also pretty standard and cheapish.

Longman

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2008, 12:42:24 PM »

If you're looking for pubs outside Alty and in the local area then a couple i'd recommend are ;-

Jolly Thresher (Lymm) It's owned by Hydes and is a traditional English pub / restaurant with a big attractive beer garden at the back.

Little B (Sale)
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Good Alty Pubs