News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Yesterday

Author Topic: Yesterday  (Read 3710 times)

ianpickles

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Yesterday
« on: November 26, 2006, 11:40:46 AM »

What is the reaction to yesterday's result? Did changing the team around have a positive effect?

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Yesterday
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 01:18:54 PM »

As I only really see the away games I can't fully comment but the team did a very good job yesterday. Dennis Oli was a beast and I think just about the best player I've seen in the conference this season, so strong and fast. Grays football while not as incisive as last year is still very quick, little flicks and touches and you have to be at the top of your game to stop that.

The defence very solid as usual (tho Munroe had a few 'moments' tho the rain and the pitch probably didn't help) Stuart his usual excellent self, attacking wise Col Looked like he was approaching his normal self again and Val and Bush did well in the middle. I'd like to see (fitness permitting) Thomson to start a home game and see if he could work with Col-maybe if we get someone crap in  the Trophy.

ianpickles

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 01:32:11 PM »

What about not bringing on Joe at the start?

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 01:53:26 PM »

Not playing O'Neill worked ok IMHO. The midfield managed to get up well to support Col and as I say Col returning to full fintess now after recent injuries. I would keep a similar team for away matches in the future. O'Neill came on for last 10 to help secure the point but generally we didn't miss him being on I;d say.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 07:20:16 PM »

For me it was nothing to do with Joe not playing but more to do with Peyton being on the wing and Altrincham USING the wings, and to good effect.

I also must say that Val had one of his best games for Altincham for some time (and capped it off with well taken goal)

We did some good passing and always had two players near each other for simple passes or to get out of danger quickly.

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Yesterday